View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
spyke252
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to spyke252
Default Re: I want to be something I am not.

wait
You guys aren't reading at all

he wants to do this anyway, not just because of his girlfriend

Quote:
Since when did chit chat become "Self help center?"
this isn't a "OMG Help me talk to this girl" thread. he looks like he's tried to change, could not, and is asking for help, along with asking for little things that almost every guy should do. Certain people at this site (granted, probably in another forum, but that is probably the worst place to post this stuff) are intelligent and have been through this stuff before.

FFR, at least in my opinion, is a good place to ask questions that I feel insecure about to people who know enough about the subject, if only for the anonymity. For example, I can ask a certain person pretty much any question I want about sex without feeling the dirtiness or pervertedness that comes from asking my parents or teachers or friends, while still knowing that this person is real, and not just some website that some guy thought up. Or if I just want to ask an average question, I can know that someone like Guido will give great advice, I mean, where else would I have found out about that book? It sounds great, gonna look in my library for it. Even questions on history, math, and the english language in general are answered here, if a person decides to look around. It's not like FFR is a bad place to ask for help on virtually any subject.

The only times that this kind of stuff bugs me are if there is more than one thread about it (like the "help me get with this girl" threads), the people haven't even tried to do anything and just believe that they will get the answer to life through posting on FFR (also like the "help me get with this girl" threads), or the OP is so horribly unreadable that I can't read it at all (definitely like the "help me get with this girl" threads).

Finally, on topic. I would suggest reading that book Guido said, doing chivalrous acts, etc. I hear spontaneous acts of affection help too. But I really don't have as much experience in this subject as most respected people of FFR.