View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 10:33 PM   #94
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164 View Post
Of course I'm going to try to defend my own strategy, Afro. People like iggy are too hard-headed to even consider it.
Defending your ideas is one thing. You were picking and choosing what logic you wanted to present to try to make your idea look more favorable. In reality, the only outcome in which we benefit in your idea is a fairly small chance. In every other instance, it loses us a seer'd green. Honestly, this looks to me like a textbook example of a "lets help HUMANS oh ps it really helps the wolves more but ur not supposed to notice that now watch as i distract you with poor logic" that wolves sometimes use, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for hardheadedness: Why can't you just say "ok yeah my plan has a pretty good advantage, but the low probability of it happening makes it not worth actually using?" I suggested a plan back on page one ("if 2 or more are seer'd red, they should be announced in the thread"). Notice how I dropped it totally when I realized how unlikely it would be for the plan to actually go through successfully (that is to say that there being two red millers throws it off so much that it'd only really have a really strong advantage if the seer sees probably 3 or 4 or more "reds")?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer
Whatever, guys. A lot of you don't see the advantages. I only want this tried for Day 1, but apparently we're too "scared" to give it a shot. This game is going to be pretty stale because we're afraid to try something.
Haha. "This game is going to be pretty stale..." How would I describe a game in which a public alliance says "lynch these people today"? I would describe that as "stale". How would I describe a game in which there is no seer out in the open, but is still working on a safety net for endgame (ie an alliance of seer'd greens) in the background without totally breaking the game in favor of the humans? I'd call that "interesting" and "fun". I like to play this game for the deduction factor. I don't like all this "oops ur seer'd as red u ded" crap... I want it to be more like: "I have evidence that you're a wolf... you're dead." Get it? And in this instance, it just happens that your strategy is too unlikely too play out effectively as my preferred strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer
The way things are looking, this isn't going to happen. Tokzic seems to be the only one that agrees it's a good idea. I wish you'd all come up with something better, but whatever.
Hopefully, neither you or Tokzic got seer'd then (or maybe not if one of you is a wolf... ), but then again, if you both got seer'd as human that would probably work out ok rofl. Too bad the probability of you both being seer'd and also both being green (that is, not wolf or red miller) is like retardedly low.

EDIT: rofl I typed so much... probably unnecessary haha

EDIT*2: Didn't capitalize something correctly. And it was the first word too...