View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #156
gattytto
FFR Player

Default Re: This will help FFR as a whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
The T-shirt thing was a complete disaster for me. My problem with it was that the price was way to low and it took SO much of my time. I was trying to run a business, keep people working, take care of my family, keep the FFR server running, develop for FFR and at the same time running to the post office every night or so with boxes of shirts and stuff. If anyone reads this and did not get what they ordered, it was not intentional. PM your paypal address and amount and I will make it right immediately.

I had a donation link up for almost a year and gained an entire $5 with about $1000 in promises.

As far as premium memberships go, that is a good idea but it would have to be implemented carefully because I would never want to make FFR a pay site. It just goes against what I believe in. Something along the line of getting SOTW 2 weeks in advance or something + special forum access / titles + improved stats or downloadable stat applications that show realtime updates of rankings etc or who is on FFR. (just brainstorming here)..

It's really an eternal struggle for me.. I care about the community but have to make sacrifices in order to live.

What other ideas do you guys have? Help me out here, I could really use it.

Cheers,

Synthlight
it would be a good idea if you let Premium users download the mp3's of the songs in the game... i don't know if that's possible but that would be fine and wouldn't hurt game's integrity...

and if you plan to make premium accounts, please don't sell credits!...

maybe in-game skins would be nice for premium users ^^ ...

a great idea that i've seen in some on-line games webs, is the ability to get some kind of "ensure" ... just in case someone steals your account or something like that... that will give them their points again, or change your password if you send a "premium account" number... you know something like that...

if you do that.. i'll get my mom's credit card tonight and buy a premium account hehe..
gattytto is offline   Reply With Quote