View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #11
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith
Default Re: This will help FFR as a whole

Poor Synth. ='[

You don't have to resend me a shirt. Lol.

You know... I've always thought about like... an FFR-convention type of thing.
I've made so many friends through FFR, and there is like a 0% of meeting them in real life. It might be too complicated now... but I'm sure that if a lot of people put the effort into it, we can make it happen. Like, we can have separate meetings in different places of the US (since most of the members who play FFR are from the US) and have all the members meet and everything... it'll basically be something social and fun.
You could charge a fee, which is where the money comes in. Something around $80 each person would probably be reasonable, because the conventions can have different activities going on (ie. real life FFR tournaments, DDR/ITG tournaments, movies playing, etc). Furthermore, like anime conventions, FFR merchandise could be sold there. People will more likely buy things they see in real life than by paying through a credit card online (No shipping charges either).

There's a lot of things to work from from there. Just giving a general and somewhat possible idea. I've seen other sites make this work, and turnouts are usually pretty good because hardcore regulars usually make it to these type of meetings.

PS. - Synth's autograph = $15