Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Earn Credits and Feed the Needy! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=97384)

archbishopjabber 08-7-2008 05:53 PM

Earn Credits and Feed the Needy!

-CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY OVER-

Here are the results.

1st Place: Breakdown13- 179300
2nd Place: Tangomango- 60260
3rd Place: LONEvvolf- 45980
4th Place: Zamiax- 41260
5th Place: cutemegigi- 35520
6th Place: Brilliant Dynamite Neon- 31140
7th Place: Yoshiisland- 17780
8th Place: Walkinstick- 15460
9th Place: kjwkjw- 15400
10th Place: AOD_Element- 15000

Honorable Mentions-

xplayfan- 9980
Warlock2000- 4660
morbidangelsuta666- 4440
COTMFreak- 4240
Commandersa1- 2140
xXDeltaXx- 1080

Total Donation: 483,640 grains of rice, enough to feed a single adult for approximately a month.

Thank you to everyone who participated. Those who did worked very hard, especially Breakdown. I would have liked to see a greater amount of participants and a higher total amount of grains of rice generated. I figured with such a large prize and a relatively decent timeframe there would've been more donated, but, every grain helps.

Thank you to everyone. Credits have been sent.

I haven't really played this game seriously in a long time, and I was never very good, so I've decided to give away all my credits. I wanted to try to give them away for some greater good or purpose, so I've decided to create a contest that will determine who wins the credits and in the process who feeds the needy. I have 120,398 credits right now, and they are all up for grabs. Here is how it works.

Go to http://www.freerice.com

Start answering questions and donating rice to the needy. Rack up as much rice as you possibly can. When you are finished, be sure to have your rice total on the screen in one window, and also visible next to it your ffr profile in the other window. This is to discourage cheating. In addition, make sure your total is not divisible by 1000. So if you have earned 10,000 grains of rice, answer one more question. This is another measure to ensure cheating does not occur.

So basically, post a screen shot displaying both your ffr profile and your rice total with a total that you probably couldn't pull of google. You will win credits and feed the needy! It is a win win!

Highest total: 50,000 credits
2nd Highest Total: 30,000 credits
3rd Highest Total: 15,000 credits
4th Highest Total: 10,000 credits
5th Highest Total: 5,000 credits
6th Highest Total: 4,000 credits
7th Highest Total: 3,000 credits
8th Highest Total: 2,000 credits
9th Highest Total: 1,000 credits
10th Highest Total: 398 credits

If anyone would like to donate credits to this contest to help encourage people to donate rice, that would be very appreciated. Good luck, you have until 11:59pm Sunday August 17th (eastern time). No scores posted after this time will be accepted. Either post your total in this thread or PM it to me. Thanks and good luck!

Edit: Thanks to an incredibly generous donation by Sprite, the prizes have been greatly increased .

Edit2: It has come to my attention that the counter resets at 100,000 grains. If anyone reaches this amount, you have to take two screen shots. One must be taken at 100,000 grains, and the other right after the counter resets at 20 grains. You must have 3 windows present in each of the screen shots, one window displaying the grain total, one window displaying your ffr profile, and the last window displaying the accurate time using http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java . You will need to be able to utilize java to use this clock. If possible, make a video.

Edit3: The deadline has been extended to 11:59pm Sunday August 17th because I will be without computer access Friday and Saturday. This gives everyone a chance to donate more rice. Hurray!

Adamaja456 08-7-2008 05:58 PM

Re: Earn Credits and Feed the Needy!

i was doing this for a while last year

Sprite- 08-7-2008 05:59 PM

I will donate 100,000 credits to this contest. I rarely donate, but I think this is a really generous idea.
Edit: Credits sent.

TheRapingDragon 08-7-2008 06:02 PM

Site's not loading for me, which doesn't really help.

EDIT: Working now but I couldn't do this for a long period of time as it would bore me to tears. Did 400 but not even worth a screenshot.

tangomango 08-7-2008 06:14 PM

Sounds like fun, I'm in xD.

Commandersa1 08-7-2008 06:18 PM

I'm already up to 1020. :/ Kind of boring, but at least it helps people.

archbishopjabber 08-7-2008 06:19 PM

It helps people and it does improve your vocabulary. A fun way to increase you score is to start off at level 1 and see how high you can get before you level off.

TheRapingDragon 08-7-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

It helps people and it does improve your vocabulary
Unfortunately when you put it in such a competitive atmosphere you'll find that people will just find quick ways to get the most rather than actually learning anything.

i.e. quickest way is just to have 2 tabs open. One with this rice thing and one on google with "Define:" already wrote in the bar.

When you get the word on rice, CAP it into google bar, take definition, get correct. Rinse repeat 5000x.

Zamiax 08-7-2008 06:23 PM

im in already starting

Commandersa1 08-7-2008 06:34 PM

Some of these words are easy, but then you find a bunch that you really have never heard of due to not living in a certain region, I.e. gharry(India/Egypt), kilderkin, furphy(Australia), sobranje(Bulgaria).

Edit: I agree with TRD, but it does not matter because even if you cheat you are helping people. Everyone wins.

archbishopjabber 08-7-2008 06:37 PM

I think it ranks the words based on how often people get them wrong. Sometimes I'm surprised at some of the words people have trouble with.

tangomango 08-7-2008 06:39 PM

I have a question. If we are supposed to submit a grandtotal of the amount of rice, are we allowed to send multiple screenshots? I'm asking this because when you close out of the page, it doesn't save your score.

archbishopjabber 08-7-2008 06:40 PM

It all has to be one screen shot. Otherwise cheating would be way too easy. I think there is an option to have it save your total though. You probably need cookies enabled to do it.

EDIT: Yes, you can do it. Just go to options and select "Remember my Total Rice Donation from the last time I played when I start FreeRice."

You will probably want to test it before you go donating a ton of grains to make sure it works though.

Commandersa1 08-7-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangomango (Post 2456656)
I have a question. If we are supposed to submit a grandtotal of the amount of rice, are we allowed to send multiple screenshots? I'm asking this because when you close out of the page, it doesn't save your score.

I doubt that would happen. People will screen shot at 1000, and then screen shot at 2000, but count them both separately. There really is not a way to prove that they were different runs.

sarahxjane 08-7-2008 06:47 PM

We have until the 15th? Holy crap.

I know what I'll be doing for the next week.

I need credits that bad. :-P

I'm at 1020 right now.
( Rice )

Breakdown16 08-7-2008 06:53 PM

Great idea. I might try and compete.

Ihatetoruinyourfunbutihav 08-7-2008 06:55 PM

Count me in! I could really use the credits.

Edit: Can we post more than one screenshot, just to ensure we get one in before the deadline, and one right before the deadline?

Zamiax 08-7-2008 06:55 PM

thanx for the options suggestion makes it alot easier

tangomango 08-7-2008 06:55 PM

Lmao, guess I should have set the options before playing xD. Back to square one.

Commandersa1 08-7-2008 06:56 PM

I missed seigneur twice... -__- I fail at this.

Also: