Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Piano Concerto No. 1 "Scorpion Fire" MIDI (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=93388)

Ice wolf 05-25-2008 02:53 PM

Piano Concerto No. 1 "Scorpion Fire" MIDI

I found the MIDI for Piano Concerto No. 1 "Scorpion Fire" recently, and I am unsure if many people know about it.

Here is the link to the page that I found it at. It is the third from the bottom of the list. I have separated the piano from the orchestra in another MIDI, which you can download here.

So now we just need some kind people to make sheet music.

emerald000 05-25-2008 03:14 PM

Re: Piano Concerto No. 1 "Scorpion Fire" MIDI

Give me some little time and I can make sheet music for it. And I guess you only want the sheet of the piano, right?

EDIT: Arg, the midi is splitted on 4 different staves. Might take a little more time to put everything to its place.

Ice wolf 05-25-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerald000 (Post 2180783)
Give me some little time and I can make sheet music for it. And I guess you only want the sheet of the piano, right?

Yes.

If you or somebody else could make it with two staffs (one for each hand) and distribute the notes accordingly, (some chords are 18ths) that would be awesome.

EDIT:
There are these images, also.

FishFishRevolution 05-25-2008 03:41 PM

Ummm garageband does sheet music automatically.

emerald000 05-25-2008 03:54 PM

Fish, I also have a program that does sheet music automatically. The problem resides in what the fact that what it gives you out is pure garbage. But once you already have the notes, their placing is relatively simple.

PS: Thanks a lot for these pictures! It will help me out greatly to understand some of the quicker patterns.

Sprite- 05-25-2008 03:58 PM

Please do this. I wanna play it. I love this piece!

Ice wolf 05-25-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerald000 (Post 2180842)
Fish, I also have a program that does sheet music automatically. The problem resides in what the fact that what it gives you out is pure garbage. But once you already have the notes, their placing is relatively simple.

I'm [trying] to use Finale Notepad 2008, but what it shows me, in notational form, is not exactly what the MIDI shows, in playback form. (I use Music Animation Machine to playback MIDIs.) Even if I had a program that correctly displayed the MIDI in notation form, however, I would not know what the right notes and timings are because the MIDI, those images, and this video are all different. So I am a little unsure of what to do at this point.

emerald000 05-25-2008 05:44 PM

Well, there's no program that perfectly translates a MIDI file into a playable chart. So, you must still do a lot by hand. Like splitting corectly the hands, changing some tempos and other things like that.

And I'm currently sheeting it, so don't need to do it yourself (unless you really want to.)

Ice wolf 05-25-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerald000 (Post 2180967)
And I'm currently sheeting it, so don't need to do it yourself (unless you really want to.)

I might make another MIDI that is split into two tracks.

emerald000 05-25-2008 08:36 PM

I am only half done for now. It's going to take a lot more time than planified. Every triplet was written as other random things, so I had to rewrite them all at hand. The computer also didn't understand that 2 8th tied together gives a 4th and some other basic things.

But at least, i am half done. Other half should be finished tomorrow.

And if you want to start practicing, here's what I got for now. (Save the images on your computer rather than simply clicking them to get a better view.) If you see anything strange to see or to play, just tell me what to change.

Ice wolf 05-25-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerald000 (Post 2181213)
I am only half done for now. It's going to take a lot more time than planified. Every triplet was written as other random things, so I had to rewrite them all at hand. The computer also didn't understand that 2 8th tied together gives a 4th and some other basic things.

But at least, i am half done. Other half should be finished tomorrow.

And if you want to start practicing, here's what I got for now. (Save the images on your computer rather than simply clicking them to get a better view.) If you see anything strange to see or to play, just tell me what to change.

There are a few errors I saw while glancing the first page:

I am pretty sure that the last note of measure eight is tied to the top G of the first chord in the next measure.

The second chord of measure 10 should be F and G instead of C, D, and E.

The chord in measure 12 should consist of quarter notes. Otherwise your right hand will be holding the bottom F when your left hand will need to play it.

There are a few other notes that could have better durations, but they are not as important as these.

I think the second page might have a few duration errors also, but I will leave it alone for now.

What program are you using?

ShAiOnEi 05-25-2008 09:07 PM

Omg wow thanks I really like this song.

This website has some sheet music of the song I think...don't really know if it's accurate...I can't read sheet.

The first post.
http://vjarmy.com/forum/index.php?sh...ded&show=&st=&

Ice wolf 05-25-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShAiOnEi (Post 2181285)
Omg wow thanks I really like this song.

This website has some sheet music of the song I think...don't really know if it's accurate...I can't read sheet.

The first post.
http://vjarmy.com/forum/index.php?sh...ded&show=&st=&

It is the same sheet music that I posted earlier.

dood gone krazee 05-25-2008 10:10 PM

But this isn't the full version... disapointing.

The full version is such a beautiful piece, and it's also eight or so minutes long.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YCT7GY3

There's the full version if anybody wants it (mp3)

Ice wolf 05-26-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dood gone krazee (Post 2181364)
But this isn't the full version... disapointing.

The full version is such a beautiful piece, and it's also eight or so minutes long.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YCT7GY3

There's the full version if anybody wants it (mp3)

I have heard the full version before, but I have not found a link, thanks.

lord_carbo 05-26-2008 12:48 PM

I'm not going to bother with whether the actual notes are right, but there are a few issues of style:

Measure 5: That low B should really go to the left hand.
Measure 9: accelerando
Measure 10: ritardando
Measures 17-19: Why are there F and C flats? I don't see a good reason for them. E and B naturals would be so much nicer.
Measure 15: Give the first half of the top staff a bass clef, seriously.

Throughout the entire piece: use some 8va things. The ledger lines are annoying. Hell, the first few measures could use 15ma and 8vb!

Ice wolf 05-27-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerald000 (Post 2180967)
Well, there's no program that perfectly translates a MIDI file into a playable chart.

I just opened the MIDI in AnvilStudio and it was PERFECT (Down to the 64th note!).

I might use AnvilStudio from now on even though it shows most notes as 8va.

bmah 05-27-2008 10:03 PM

If anyone's interested, here's a vid of someone playing Scorpion Fire on the piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzo696mJY38

edit: apparently, there's also a vid showing the score as the song progresses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlGQBYw9qnA

dj Xela 06-2-2008 09:28 AM

So is that finish? ^^

DancingHedgehog 06-2-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice wolf (Post 2181280)
There are a few errors I saw while glancing the first page:

I am pretty sure that the last note of measure eight is tied to the top G of the first chord in the next measure.

The second chord of measure 10 should be F and G instead of C, D, and E.

The chord in measure 12 should consist of quarter notes. Otherwise your right hand will be holding the bottom F when your left hand will need to play it.

There are a few other notes that could have better durations, but they are not as important as these.

I think the second page might have a few duration errors also, but I will leave it alone for now.

What program are you using?

Isn't there a program that coverts Monochrome sheet music to a MIDI file?