Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Why Do some pepople not know how to text fast? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=93162)

*BABYT* 05-20-2008 09:04 AM

Why Do some pepople not know how to text fast?

They don't know how to because they either don't texts enough or they just don't know where the buttons are. They need to learn quick cause when people that text fast are doing stuff and we get a text...we stop and text back quick, but the slow ones take forever just to text back. Now tell me if I am wrong about this.

EAGAMES 05-20-2008 09:11 AM

Re: Why Do some pepople not know how to text fast?

Yes, they don't know where the buttons are. It takes practice to learn where they are and press them without thinking, just like in SM/FFR, so you can only infer that they don't text/practice enough.

rsr2 05-20-2008 09:16 AM

I agree with what EA said but my view is.

I can't text very well because I think it's completely pointless. I can just call the person and tell them everything that I want to say at the moment. It takes less time. So thats why I think it's pointless

cool110 05-20-2008 09:17 AM

not all phones use T9 (predictive text) and it can be easy to make mistakes
Quote:

do you want to go out fridge night

Xx{Midday}xX 05-20-2008 09:22 AM

I don't own a cellphone of sorts. =)

I'm sure I would never text, as rsr2 states.

Tokzic 05-20-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *BABYT* (Post 2173222)
They need to learn quick cause when people that text fast are doing stuff and we get a text...we stop and text back quick, but the slow ones take forever just to text back. Now tell me if I am wrong about this.

first of all, saying "everyone who doesn't know how to do something that i can do needs to learn how because it inconveniences me" is being a prick

second of all, blue text

Ladii-SOULJAH 05-20-2008 10:28 AM

i dont think anythings wrong with not knowing how to text fast. im pretty slow at it, yet, im not complaining. So what if you can text fast? congradu-fcukin-lation. :)

foilman8805 05-20-2008 10:35 AM

There's a lot of fail in this thread.

sumzup 05-20-2008 10:43 AM

Some people find texting useless and lame.

Izzy 05-20-2008 11:00 AM

I would be ashamed at myself if i could text fast on my cellphone. Honestly i don't like people that sit around texting on their cellphone. Its annoying as fuk. Just call the person or wait an hour until you see them or something. Damn kids being so impatient.

FishFishRevolution 05-20-2008 11:01 AM

It's called muscle memory, you just develop it as you do something more and more. Like typing, or playing video games, or doing anything with your hands.

Hey foilman, pointing out things like that doesn't make you any cooler, and it certainly doesn't improve the thread.

LLaMaSaUceYup 05-20-2008 11:09 AM

Yeah I told myself I'd never learn to text, haha.
I started learning but then my mom disabled it.
:P
I'm okay.

LilChevyGirl 05-20-2008 11:16 AM

yeah sum people can but not all

[Falcata] 05-20-2008 11:19 AM

Some people prefer to talk on their phones. I remember back in my day, when we had to walk 5 miles in the snow just to find a public phone.

bluguerrilla 05-20-2008 11:21 AM

To drop a dime, not whatever it is now, 50 cents? A dollar?

sumzup 05-20-2008 11:25 AM

Calling is way easier than texting. The only reason you would need to text is to covertly communicate in class or something, which is pretty dumb. If you're bored, there are better ways to have fun.

welsh_girl 05-20-2008 12:41 PM

As long as they actually text you back thats all that counts right ?. Slow or not.

Izzy 05-20-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *BABYT* (Post 2173222)
They don't know how to because they either don't texts enough or they just don't know where the buttons are. They need to learn quick cause when people that text fast are doing stuff and we get a text...we stop and text back quick, but the slow ones take forever just to text back. Now tell me if I am wrong about this.

I am more interested in why some people are so ignorant.

foilman8805 05-20-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution (Post 2173311)
It's called muscle memory, you just develop it as you do something more and more. Like typing, or playing video games, or doing anything with your hands.

Hey foilman, pointing out things like that doesn't make you any cooler, and it certainly doesn't improve the thread.

I know you're a mod and everything man, but you don't exactly make the most on-topic posts either. Not to mention you frequently double post, and triple post for some 'funny' occasions.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Relambrien 05-20-2008 01:10 PM

If I bothered to use predictive texting, then I could sure as heck text very fast. As it is, the only texts I ever send are short messages like "Leaving," or "on bus," or something like that. I don't even carry my phone with me while at school--it stays off and in my locker. Generally if someone needs me, they just call me. I mean, it takes like 30 seconds to do so, whereas with texting, you have to wait for the message to be sent and received, which I've seen take upwards of three minutes.

In those cases, calling is actually a lot faster.