Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How To Empty Your Cache (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=92)

Esparno 12-10-2002 08:38 PM

How To Empty Your Cache

Now many people here tell you to empty your cache. When I first heard that I had no idea how to do so. I tried empting cookies, but to no avail. I finally figured out how to do this through trial and error, heres how to do it without wasting time looking for a solution like I did.

::Note, this only works for Internet Explorer, I dont know how to in other Progs like Opera or NN::

1.Open Up Internet Explorer
2.Click on Tools
3.Click on Internet Options
4.Under "Temporary Internet Files" click the 'Delete Files' button
5.Restart Internet Explorer
6.Dont waste any more time and play FFR!

MEGAginge 12-11-2002 02:49 PM

c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\Temporary internet files

this way u can be selective about what is deleted and dont need to lose information about every site u visit, lotsmore efficient

(note: local settings is a hidden folder)

MEGAginge 12-11-2002 02:53 PM

if you select 'automatically' after the option of when u want internet explorer to look for new versions of files however, it will be done for u, ur cache never needing to b cleared to enjoy the most recent version, this is because internet explorer readss the file size of the main engine swf, and if its the same - it knows u have the most recent version and vice versa. It works on any site and saves hours of redownloading...

SotN 12-11-2002 07:49 PM

Tweak UI, a Windows tweaking program available on Microsoft's site, has a "Paranoia" tab. Many settings within it allow you to delete all temporary files and cover you tracks.

Link Pending...

edit: Now where in the hell did it go...

Instructions for Opera

1. go to file menu
2. Click "delete private data..."
3. check all the apropriate checkboxes (ex. if you like having a site auto-log you in, keep your cookies)
4. Click OK, and all of Opera's windows will close and your cache will be cleared.

dAnceguy117 12-30-2002 09:03 PM

Anyone know how to clear it for somthing like msn or aol?

dave 04-7-2003 10:53 AM

this is old :wink:

darrel 04-21-2003 12:10 AM

I've already tried both those methods, but neither seems to work
The songs still arent showing up...and no I dont have any programs like Opera or anything
Any help?

MinionStarwind 05-13-2003 11:16 AM

for aol temp file deletion

head to preferences...
click "Internet properties (www)"
it should say somewhere that you can delete files and cookies

there ya go... :twisted:

hypn0tyze 08-23-2003 01:52 PM

why cant i play?

no matter what i do nothing works...cleared cache, updated flash player, deleted the temp files manually, nothing. I still get the black screen saying its out of date...why?

IL_PARATZO 09-11-2003 02:53 AM

Yeah, same here.... nothing seems to work. It would be a lot easier if the version check just.... wasn't there. But then again, there's probably a good reason it's there in the first place, so what do i know? Anyways... suggestions? Anyone?

SotN 09-11-2003 06:01 PM

Try this:

Tools> Internet Options> Temporary Internet Files> Settings > Check for Newer Versions of Stored Pages > Every Time You Visit That Page

Then clear your cache. that should fix it.

Moogy 09-11-2003 06:01 PM

Mozilla/Netscape 7 :
Go to Edit -> Preferences.
Then go to Advanced -> Cache and click the large "Clear Cache" button.

Of course, if you use Mozilla, you should probably already know how to do this...

ramza777 09-22-2003 11:32 PM

Same thing happens to me, I tried everyrhing and it still does not work :(

lazkid 09-23-2003 12:11 AM

still not working.... emptied cache multiple ways, set it to check for updated version.... still getting the old one.....

Mandragora 09-28-2003 12:24 AM

Will this help remedy the problem of every song being off beat?

Atreides888 10-26-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGAginge
c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\Temporary internet files

this way u can be selective about what is deleted and dont need to lose information about every site u visit, lotsmore efficient

(note: local settings is a hidden folder)

how do you view hidden folders again?

Kent 01-18-2004 12:26 AM

Emptying the cache doesn't work... Any more ideas?

alainbryden 01-18-2004 12:39 AM

This is what you do. Right click your menu bar, next to START. Go to Properties...Advanced...and click CLEAR. Then, go to START, Programs...Acessories...System Tools...DISC CLEANUP. Run it. Finally, open up "My Computer" in the address bar type %temp% . It will switch to a folder. Delete everything in that folder. You're done.

Moogy 02-17-2004 03:54 PM

I approve of this topic.

Geriko_Battousai 04-26-2004 03:23 PM

Will removing the Cache unable you to workoffline?