Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=89463)

korny 03-14-2008 11:29 PM

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament

The winner of the first brawl ffr tournament is korny. Thank you everyone for participating.

Bynary Fission 03-14-2008 11:47 PM

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 2071683)
I'm in love with the game and i'm sure many others are right along there with me. So I decided, why not host a Wifi tournament? I'll be playing by the usual tournament rules from melee so if you don't like it, don't join! It's that simple.

The Rules are simple:
4 live stock
No items(that includes final smashes)

Appropriate Stages: (will update these if i find others worthy)
Pirate ship
Bridge of eldin
Final destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's island
Castle Siege

Signups for the tournament will end on March 22nd. More details for the tournament will be added on the following day.

It was only a matter of time. :razz: I'm in.

~Bynary Fission

P.S Why not add all stages? They each add a way to create diverse tactical advantages, and should be used by all.

EnR 03-14-2008 11:50 PM

I just bought a Wii today, I gotta get brawl :x

travman301 03-15-2008 09:29 AM

Im in too. :D

Relambrien 03-15-2008 09:38 AM

If I can sort out my WiFi issues, then I'll join in.

But you know, 4-stock takes quite a while to finish up. Maybe 3-stock would be better? Though, time isn't really an issue, so whatever.

Also, Lylat Cruise? Pokémon Stadium Melee? Smashville? Heck, even Skyworld and Delfino Plaza seem more neutral than Pirate Ship and Castle Siege.

DarkManticoreX2 03-15-2008 09:49 AM

In, I'm split between charachters atm though.

argo15 03-15-2008 10:22 AM

in baby

xinpig 03-15-2008 11:51 AM

totally in

korny 03-15-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relambrien (Post 2072006)
If I can sort out my WiFi issues, then I'll join in.

But you know, 4-stock takes quite a while to finish up. Maybe 3-stock would be better? Though, time isn't really an issue, so whatever.

Also, Lylat Cruise? Pokémon Stadium Melee? Smashville? Heck, even Skyworld and Delfino Plaza seem more neutral than Pirate Ship and Castle Siege.

I haven't even played all the stages yet so like i said, will update once i find others appropriate. I don't even have pokemon stadium from melee. I've been online brawling too much too get them all yet.

jugglinguy 03-15-2008 02:10 PM

In, even though I'll probably be the first to lose

Afrobean 03-15-2008 03:16 PM

Bridge of eldin has a monster that runs across the screen. If you're going to turn off items because of randomness, this stage shouldn't be used either. Also: walk off sides.

Yoshi's island? You mean the SMW stage? That one has a walk off end of stage... and the SMW2/Yoshi's Story/Whatever one has shyguys that drop food... don't know if they still come by with items turned off, but meh.

Levels I might suggest:
Hanenbow. I have yet to experience anything which could cause an unfair KO in this level. The platforms do change slightly as you fight, but that's not going to kill you. Just think of them in the same way you could the top platform in Smashville, they move and change, but it shouldn't adversely affect the fight.

Lylat Cruise seems decent. I don't think there's anything which could be unfairly taken advantage of here.

Luigi's Mansion is pretty good I think. Don't recall anything unfair there. I know there are walls or something, but they seem to be destructible if they take enough hits.

Delfino Plaza seems pretty good as well. Moving stage, but there aren't any hazards that I'm aware of.

Is there something wrong with Jungle Japes (Melee) that I'm not understanding?

ps might I suggest hosting a secondary event with items turned on? They are a part of the game, and actually, I'd say that they're not that badly balanced either. Just turn off especially unfair ones like bobomb or smart bombs or whatever. Heck, even smash balls are very fair, taking multiple hits to earn and the fact that your opponent can steal it from you with the final hit after you wear it down. And seriously, I'd like to see an all-stage competition as well. You know what, if you don't want to do it, just explain how you're hosting this and I can mimic it into a tournament the way the game was meant to be played.

pps yes wtf were you thinking suggesting pirate ship one of the most unfair stages EVER and Im the type of person who is in favor of stages having fun things like that. Freaking springboard and canon balls or something have killed me/opponents on more than a few occasions.

RoastedNoob 03-15-2008 03:19 PM

Sounds fun. Count me in. Korny, we still gotta play. =p

Aleste 03-15-2008 03:25 PM

in with great vengeance.

korny 03-15-2008 03:33 PM

Afro i haven't unlocked all the stages so i don't even know what hanenbow is and i really don't know what i was thinking either by putting up pirate ship. I think the bridge of eldin is a good stage regardless. Usually i would be right there with you saying it presents an unfair advantage but that bull is ridiculously easy to dodge along with the bomb he drops so i'm going to leave it in.

Check your pms roasted

Loyal2Death 03-15-2008 03:46 PM

I'm definitely in.

Afrobean 03-15-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 2072448)
Afro i haven't unlocked all the stages so i don't even know what hanenbow is and i really don't know what i was thinking either by putting up pirate ship. I think the bridge of eldin is a good stage regardless. Usually i would be right there with you saying it presents an unfair advantage but that bull is ridiculously easy to dodge along with the bomb he drops so i'm going to leave it in.

Yes, very easy to dodge when you're tied up in a skirmish and get trampled.

I can't believe you. You'll remove ALL items because they're unfair, then decide that it's ok to have a big monster appear randomly AND DROP A ****ING BOMB?

korny 03-15-2008 05:58 PM

Well i just got back from quite a few online matches and i'll have to now agree with you. However, you haven't even said you're taking part in this tournament so why go through the trouble of rating every aspect of it ?

jugglinguy 03-15-2008 05:59 PM

This is driving me crazy, so could you please add a list of who's all signed up and their brawl code?

dogdude84 03-15-2008 11:34 PM

I'll definitely play!!

2406-4853-5455

Will the matches be 1v1 or what?

Mario91 03-16-2008 01:37 AM

K Well Now That I Found It Ill Play In Ur Tournament

But Can U Go Online Right Now So We Can Brawl?