Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fever (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=87701)

-Barista- 02-12-2008 11:11 AM

Fever

My little sister this morning woke up sick and with a fever. For about an hour my mother tried to get her to take some medicine to reduce her fever. My little sister did everything in her power to get away from her and to not drink whatever it was. During this whole mess she was crying, near fainting, throwing up, and coughing.

After about 45 minutes I finally held her down and pinched her making her open up her mouth and made her drink the medicine.

Have you ever seen or been put into a similar situation?

wwwJ4mmYcouk 02-12-2008 11:23 AM

Re: Fever

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Barista- (Post 2026692)
My little sister this morning woke up sick and with a fever. For about an hour my mother tried to get her to take some medicine to reduce her fever. My little sister did everything in her power to get away from her and to not drink whatever it was. During this whole mess she was crying, near fainting, throwing up, and coughing.

After about 45 minutes I finally held her down and pinched her making her open up her mouth and made her drink the medicine.

Have you ever seen or been put into a similar situation?

wow... how random....

I cant say i have been in this situation... your sister reminds me of my old cat, trying to give it a tablet.

GuidoHunter 02-12-2008 11:38 AM

Unless your sister's fever was at dangerous-go-to-the-hospital levels of 102 or 103, giving her fever-reducing medicine is disingenuous and will only prolong her illness.

Your body raises its set point temperature to increase blood flow and fight off the infection.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

-Barista- 02-12-2008 11:49 AM

I'm not sure what the temperature was but we've had Scarlet Fever going around our house. She showed some of those symptoms from that so we gave her medicine from the doctor. Then today she had a fever so we just gave her the fever meds.

But if it's like you said then

oops.

devonin 02-12-2008 11:52 AM

It's like the drive to put ice on any injury that is swelling. The body causes the swelling to immobilize the injured area to stop it getting hurt worse, but we treat that like a symptom of injury that we need to treat.

chunky_cheese 02-12-2008 12:42 PM

She obviously needs more cowbell.

I can't believe you forced medicine on her XD

-Barista- 02-12-2008 07:11 PM

One part of me is wondering if I'm a bad person while the other is trying to justify my actions because it was pissing my mother off.

DarkVampiress21 02-12-2008 08:19 PM

I did that once when my mom tried to put eye drops into my eye.

And I never take medicine. Ever, ever... for about 4 years. And I feel great. I've been sick less often as well.

Oh and I did did get really sick once (I think this was around the beginning of me not taking medication) so I still didn't resort to medication. I don't know what it was called since I obviously didn't go to a doctor, but I was hallucinating, and I felt cold no matter how "warm" I should have been, with all of the blankets and heaters... and it went on for about 4 days. I think I fainted but I don't remember.. But I'm still alive. Haha.

Relambrien 02-12-2008 08:28 PM

Wait, you're supposed to go to the hospital at 102?

I had a 102.7 fever last year and went to the doctor. He just gave me antibiotics.

-Barista- 02-12-2008 10:09 PM

I had a really bad fever that made me hallucinate once. It got so bad that I dreamt I was stuck in a hole trying to climb out and woke up climbing out of my shirt. Even though I was sick as a dog, that made me laugh.

Nyokou 02-12-2008 10:35 PM

I would have liked to see that.

I get sick so often that it annoys me, and my mom always wants me to take medicine and usually it never works. I think the best thing that works for me is just sleeping. Sleeping a lot.

Rubin0 02-12-2008 11:25 PM

From what I've observed...parents that tend to pump their kids with medication everytime they cough end up with kids that are sick more often and more severely than other children. I always figure you should let yourself get sick, stay home, rest, drink lots of liquids, and take no medication at all. That way your body builds up it's own immunities and you will be spared next time around. It works for me.

My doctor won't give me antibiotics, anyway. I usually get sick from viruses.

LLaMaSaUceYup 02-12-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkVampiress21 (Post 2027691)
I did that once when my mom tried to put eye drops into my eye.

YAH YAH!

TS_SonicMaster 02-13-2008 06:25 AM

I don't take medicine when I'm sick, maybe only a pain reliever when I had broken my ankle when I was about 9 years old and eye drops that my aunt, who is a nurse, said I should take for my pink eye on Halloween. (Which would have sucked without them) I don't contract serious illnesses like the Flu or others, it's always just a cold. I sit around on the computer all day when that happens and I'm better the next day. Medicine usually makes it worse while doctors and pharmacies make money off of it.

devonin 02-13-2008 10:35 AM

The last time I had the flu was the last time I got a flu shot. Haven't since then, and have never contracted it.

Nyokou 02-13-2008 01:09 PM

You guys are lucky. Even if I don't take medicine, it's still bad for me, and I'm usually sick for about three days or an entire week. It's terrible~ Medicine only makes me feel better for about a few hours, and then it starts to wear off. Getting on the computer or watching television, even playing games... those all give me headaches when I'm sick.

Rubin0 02-13-2008 02:24 PM

I was sick with the flu for two weeks in 2nd grade....that was like 13 years ago. Wow.