Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How do you make good gfx? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=70612)

thechild 06-15-2007 06:20 PM

How do you make good gfx?

Ok, I've posted this before. How do you make gfx? I mean this as is how do you make detailed backgrounds with insan text and all that. Its been answered in my other thread but not really specific. I'd like a specific guide, telling where you can get programs, brushes, and how to get brushes into program and stuff. Maybe the guide could have pictures and links. If the guide is good enough, mabye you can make another thread called "How to make gfx" and just copy your guide into it. Once you've done that, you probably get a sticky! But remember, please post it in here first.

SulferDragon 06-15-2007 08:20 PM

Re: How do you make good gfx?

Um...
Step one: Buy Photoshop.
Step two: lrn 2 use PS, or go find a guide by using google.
Step three: Get some fonts at dafont.com.
Step four: Go to DeviantART, and pick up a bunch of abstract brushes.
Step: Mess around in Photoshop for three years until you get a good bn/bg.

I only have Photoshop Elements, so I can't use abstract brushes... I manage without them though.

Best guide ever <3

Necros140606 06-15-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 1598963)
Um...
Step one: Buy Photoshop.

that's a bad beginning

SulferDragon 06-15-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros140606 (Post 1599210)
that's a bad beginning

Well, what do you have?

ducky285 06-16-2007 11:14 AM

It's not the Photoshop part that's wrong. It's the buying part. Most people here who have it never bought it.

Relambrien 06-16-2007 11:37 AM

I'd heard something about a cracked CS2 or something, I guess that's why.

I got PS7 for free from my aunt who never used it, so I just use that on the rare occasion I make gfx.

koa5001 06-16-2007 01:01 PM

I've been using the GIMP. It's just as good as Photoshop and Paintshop but the best part is that it's free! Just google for it and you should be able to find it. It's an excellent program!

Vidik 06-16-2007 03:15 PM

I use a program to make the GFX look better with the click of a button, but you probably and you shouldn't get it bacause it's a game making program.

Ramengan 06-16-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky285 (Post 1600430)
It's not the Photoshop part that's wrong. It's the buying part. Most people here who have it never bought it.

Aww, I was going to say that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by koa5001 (Post 1600607)
I've been using the GIMP. It's just as good as Photoshop and Paintshop but the best part is that it's free! Just google for it and you should be able to find it. It's an excellent program!

I think GIMP is a really good program. I just need to learn how to use it. Too lazy to look at a tutorial, so I guess it's learn-on-the-go for me. It's worked well so far.