Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Drugstore, Its about time. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=70142)

DrugstoreCowboy 06-10-2007 12:05 PM

Drugstore, Its about time.

Hi everyone.

Its been a long voyage since I started FFR only back in September of 2006.

I've played solo, against people, in tournaments and in competitions. Ive made friends and lost friends. I've even had the opportunity to make music and have some amazing people step my songs for FFR. Its been a lot of fun.

Basically when I started, I used one hand. Most people just assume to use one hand (but not all). I played and played and started to see an increase in my skill. About 4 months into playing, I started to move onto more difficult songs and I remember thinking "Ill never even FINISH this song". Proved my self wrong and even went as far to FC, SDG or even AAA some of those very songs.

Once I realized FFR was gonna be a part of my life, I made a set list of goals.

-Overall Rank in top 1000.
-Average Rank under 500.
-All songs under rank 1,000 using ONE HAND

Currently, im overall ranked 144.
My average rank is 299.
And I have 2 songs left to get under the 1,000 mark.

What am I trying to get at, at this tl;dr post? After I play those 2 final songs (Max Forever and Flight Of The Bumble Bee), I will be switching to spread.

I'll learn it.
Master it.
And succeed to the best of my ability.

So, what does this have to do with you?

Like I said, I've made friends. There have been people there for me, rooting for me and just being an all around great friend.

Thats why I am going to buy 3 people just a simple $3.50 subscription to show my appreciation. Im not even sure who to pick. I dont want people getting angry at me because I didnt pick them. No hard feelings.

When i accomplish my goal, Ill select 3 people who I feel have been there for me.

Thanks everyone,
DrugstoreCowboy <3

EDIT -
I have picked 2 people I would like to give a subscription to so far.

lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much everything in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life :)

Adamaja456 - Were good friends. You like my music, alot. I believe you're even sporting it on your myspace as of right now. You care enough to ask how my day was everyday and include me in your life. You earned it. Thanks for your support! <3

_________ - One last spot remains. Could it be you?

~One~ 06-10-2007 12:11 PM

Re: Drugstore, Its about time.

very nice goals.
your going to be great i hope you get those songs under 1000 rank :D

lXD 06-10-2007 12:13 PM

ricky i love you.

wanna buy me 1? ;)

rshadow8888 06-10-2007 12:17 PM

Good luck to you. I can't try anything because the game refuses to load any songs anymore. Damn update...

Adamaja456 06-10-2007 12:18 PM

my max forever rank is like 2200...with spread =]

id love too see you get those 2 songs under 1000 by today =]

haha ur awesome, ill talk to you later sometime, off to FC CIA Rave =]

DrugstoreCowboy 06-10-2007 12:24 PM

thanks everyone.
and just realize i havent touched either of those songs in about a month because i was waiting to see how good i was actually getting with one hand.

Its so hard to think that i wont even be using one hand in a few days =x

Adamaja456 06-10-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy (Post 1585412)
thanks everyone.
and just realize i havent touched either of those songs in about a month because i was waiting to see how good i was actually getting with one hand.

Its so hard to think that i wont even be using one hand in a few days =x

wow, i can only image how good you're going to be once you switch to spread.:)

psychopete 06-10-2007 12:36 PM

You know, before I saw your sig, I thought you didn't play one-handed. Impressive.

btw good luck on improving those scores

Istarikitsunelover 06-10-2007 12:37 PM

I remember when we first played against each other one handed, and we were approximately the same level, but I was a little bit better. Then you improved drastically, and I was like WTF WHOA. With me I've one handed for about a year, and haven't gotten close to your scores with one hand, and now I'm playing spread. Now that you are switching to spread, I suppose I have to watch out, huh? Good luck, man.

spinal_compression 06-10-2007 12:57 PM

Best of luck.

P.S. I do not need a subscription from you. No offence but you know what I mean.

blindreper1179 06-10-2007 12:58 PM

dang, i was only there for you in MP once or twice.
but still. how in the world do you PA CIA? i can't get below a thousand for the life of me?

sarahxjane 06-10-2007 01:16 PM

How on earth can you be so good?

._.

I've been playing for almost two years and I've only increased my skill by a little bit it seems.

Turboyoshi 06-10-2007 01:46 PM

gj dude, even if i played for another 2 years, i couldn't get as good 1 handed as you are

lumphoboextreme 06-10-2007 01:48 PM

good luck learning spread. =)

Windscarredfaith 06-10-2007 01:50 PM

Good luck, Drugstore. :]

Jtehanonymous 06-10-2007 01:52 PM

Switching won't be so bad, I promise.

I went from index to spread, and I picked up on it pretty fast.

I'm sure you will too once you've figured out the four keys you want to use. XD

Turboyoshi 06-10-2007 01:55 PM

Btw, anyone know how to map keys on a mac? I've been trying to learn <v86 spread, but it doesn't feel comfortable. In SM i use axml, but i can't use it here. Anyone at all?

Btw sorry if this is too off topic, otherwise i'll post it in the mapping keys thread.

alster1 06-10-2007 01:55 PM

pick me, cuz i joined in sept 2006

pntballa18 06-10-2007 01:58 PM

I changed from one handed to two in a matter of a couple games. It's not hard to get used to.

ieatyourlvllol 06-10-2007 01:59 PM

Welcome to the dark side. : )