Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ITT we discuss Procrastination (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=67647)

DarkManticoreX2 05-11-2007 12:22 PM

ITT we discuss Procrastination

And how successful we are with it.

For example: I just finished an entire semester's worth of work for my computerized accounting class in 4 days (about 12 hours). Got all my work handed in 3 minutes before the deadline.

Last year I also procrastinated so much in my English class, I ended up writing a 10 page research paper, 7 page long journal entries, and another 5 page report the night before it was due.

How well do you guys fare with procrastination? I'd love to hear some stories to rival mine.

brothaice 05-11-2007 12:35 PM

Re: ITT we discuss Procrastination

Ill post here later, or mabye tomorrow

;]

PinoySkillz 05-11-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 1512822)
Last year I also procrastinated so much in my English class, I ended up writing a 10 page research paper, 7 page long journal entries, and another 5 page report the night before it was due.

Wow, 22 pages in 1 night? That's crazy...

I hate myself for procrastinating but I always do it. I usually don't even start labs or term papers 'til 5am the day it's due. Usually I'll finish on time, but when I don't, I just don't go to class. Then I make up some excuse as to why I couldn't go and just e-mail my teacher the assignment hehe..

nforcer06164 05-11-2007 01:25 PM

I was supposed to eat lunch and clean my house two hours ago. Hmm... yeah, I'm still not doing it.

g4z33b0 05-11-2007 02:39 PM

I always procrastinate, even if I try not to. I just end up not doing whatever it is I was supposed to do. Did my English final project the night before it was due, got an 88. Nice for the little amount of effort I put in.

falcondude 05-11-2007 02:42 PM

I got 2 weeks to do a science project. I did it in 2 hours on the night before the deadline. I have an english assignment due May 28; barely started. Yea, I procrastinate.

TS_SonicMaster 05-11-2007 02:42 PM

I just procrastinate too much. I don't even hand in assignments when I do finish them right before the deadline sometimes. Procrastinating the handing in xD.

Engler 05-11-2007 02:48 PM

I live procrastination. Seriously.

MalReynolds 05-11-2007 03:03 PM

There was just a thread like this 2 weeks ago, if that.

One time, I procrastinated so bad that I didn't turn in a paper... Three weeks after it was due, I turned in a seven page short story detailing why I didn't turn in the paper, due to ninja interference, drug delears, aliens, biker gangs... In the end of the paper, I get the congressional medal of honor.

I got a 50, as it was, for turning in the excuse.

maerinlily 05-11-2007 03:22 PM

i had this irp report in class that's due near the end of the semester, and i read out 200 pages and i filled out the book pages, the worksheets and signed it within the day before it was due. and alas, itwas only last quarter. . . oh, and then i have a project in spanish class, la silla caliente (hot seat) and i didn't study until the hour before it started. aka band, which equaled = study for 5 minutes, play for about 45 minutes, put together instrument, 6 minutes, walk out/ in class, 4 minutes. lol. it was fun.

csoup1414 05-11-2007 04:12 PM

i am an overachiever
i get things done about 2 months beforehand
i had to job shaddow somebody for 5 hours for school, got it done in one day, and turned in the paper a week after we got it
it didnt have to be done until the end of the school year =]
oh well, i had a lot of free time when the weather got nice

Grim Raper 05-11-2007 04:17 PM

Today I thought about cleaning my room I'm still here it will probably be dirty for another month

Nyokou 05-11-2007 09:35 PM

Yeah, I'm procrastinating right now. :/
I hate that I got packed with homework when I have testing this week.
I really, really hate my teachers. =_=

I have one paragraph due for English class on any controversial topic of our choice, to spark a discussion in class. For Earth Science class, I got assigned to complete about 5 packets (20-30 pages total) to complete, a 50 question Astronomy test, and a 2 page essay on Hydrology. For World History II, I got assigned 2 packets to complete on World War II, which should be fairly easy to complete.

I'm about 15% done with all of this, and it's due on Monday.

But knowing myself more than anyone, I'll probably start on it Sunday night at around this time.

pntballa18 05-11-2007 09:39 PM

For last semister, I didn't do one Algebra homework assignment.

Until the last night, anyways. My teacher accepts any homework for the semister for a 60. I did all of my homework on one night. ~800 problems

jamuko 05-12-2007 08:20 AM

Hahaha, I think Mal wins the thread so far.

Also, considering this is about how "successful" we are in procrastination, it's good to post what kind of grades you got. It's not too impressive to do tons of work right before it's due if you just do a crappy job on it.

In my first two years of Spanish class in high school, for every single project we had, I waited until the night before it was due. And by "night", I really mean "night" (like 11 PM, when I had to be up before 6 for school). These usually involved making small books or presentations with example sentences made up for whatever we were studying, and pictures to go along.

I got an A on every single one. Most people picked boring sentences and just Googled for pictures, but I always made up ridiculous ones for fun and hand-drew little illustrations.

One time the teacher liked it so much that she kept it to show future classes as an example... so funny to me that it was the result of waiting until the last minute.

TheRapingDragon 05-12-2007 08:21 AM

I'd write up a reply, but, well, you know.

smartdude1212 05-14-2007 12:12 AM

How about right now.
8-page project on Greek mythology due on Tuesday that I haven't started.
I mean, it probably won't take long, but I haven't even figured out who I'm summarizing.
I'll end up starting tomorrow at 10 PM.

jewpinthethird 05-14-2007 12:17 AM

I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

It's essentially the same joke as TheRapingDragon's.

hoochan 05-14-2007 05:26 AM

School starts in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I still havent done my French or Biology and I have a final assessment speech today (maybe) and I havent practiced at all or even made the speech. I think Im just going to take the whole class period to take the Oliver Twist test so I dont have to go.

PS-I didnt read Oliver Twist either so I dont expect to do so well on the test.

PPS-Theres procrastination for you.

Tps222 05-14-2007 09:22 AM

Well, I'd imagine procrastinating on certain college assignments is far more difficult than high school. You can almost save any project to the night before it's due and still do pretty well on it, less is be some retarded poster board **** or something.

I can't imagine saving a term paper the night before it's due.