Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Jesus the product of Rape?? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=6501)

87x 01-22-2004 03:02 PM

Jesus the product of Rape??

I heard today from a friend of mine that there has been a new discovery.... People have found documents that say that Mary (the virgin Mary) filed a rape crime against a Roman Guard (or something like that), well the guy was stoned to death, and people are starting to speculate wether or not Jesus was really a product of God, or if its the product of the Rape... How would this affect Christianity.. or any other religion for that matter..

I haven't tried looking for a link to the news article yet.. but i will be sure to search..

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Dont talk about religion. Just dont. It just leads to flaming and debates...and I just end up offending someone. So, no more religious threads/talking about religion.

And no, I am not Jewish.

:P

Anways, I have no clue. I'd like to see that article though.

lightdarkness 01-22-2004 03:26 PM

Doubtfull
there was horrible documentation back then
however, i just contradicted myself
so, i guess that couldve happend, so yes, we need some news articles. I will search as well....

aleco 01-22-2004 03:30 PM

I am a Christian, and I believe that is total crap. End of case.

lightdarkness 01-22-2004 03:30 PM

i win
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...510994183.html

87x 01-22-2004 03:38 PM

damnit light.. i was just about to post that same link..

heyhey11 01-22-2004 03:38 PM

No you dont that explained nothing execpt how the church argues with this story

Lol never woulda expected that
Church Argueing

Thank god i am jewish

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the article
Many said that the story of the virgin birth resulted from poor biblical translations and a literary tradition which made up stories about a person's early life to emphasise their importance.

Heh.. ironic... I feel that way about religions in general.

87x 01-22-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banditcom
Quote:

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Dont talk about religion. Just dont. It just leads to flaming and debates...and I just end up offending someone. So, no more religious threads/talking about religion.

And no, I am not Jewish.

:P

Anways, I have no clue. I'd like to see that article though.

yea... well this isn't religion.. this is a debate on whether the lady got raped or not.. and your view on it... then its a simple question of how would this change christianity, or any other religion... i dont think it falls under a totally religious discussion..

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:44 PM

I was f'in with you 87x ;)

Synthlight 01-22-2004 03:44 PM

Aleco, these things always make for interesting conversation. What did you mean exactly by "End of case"? Does that mean because you are christian that automatically devalidates the possible event that was brought up in this thread?

Cheers,

Synthlight

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:45 PM

It's called ignorance and being closed minded, Synth. :D

aleco 01-22-2004 03:46 PM

I mean there is no way I am going to believe it. It means nothing about others, just me.

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:47 PM

Then make sure we know you mean that aleco. The "End of case" gave us the wrong impression.

aleco 01-22-2004 03:47 PM

Sorry then.
End of case for me. Hopefully other Christians too, but that isn't up to me.

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:48 PM

It's no problem bro.

Synthlight 01-22-2004 03:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification Aleco. Lets say however that it did come to light that indeed that was what happened? How would that affect your views?

Cheers,

Synthlight

aleco 01-22-2004 03:51 PM

Yes, I didn't think it was true for a second.
It would seriously make me wonder, though, if I did believe it.

87x 01-22-2004 03:56 PM

you are a faithful person aleco.. im also skeptable about the article.. "im not really a christian.. so my faith isn't there to say it didn't happen.. but it's kinda vague with details.."... it says her name might have been "Miriam"... i haven't seen a follow up to this article and it was posted 23 dec, 03, so either they found it to be not true.. OR They just haven't found any other information on it yet.. and just for Jewpin.. There may have been a cover-up, something the cathlic/christian church didn't want us to find out..

aleco 01-22-2004 03:59 PM

Her name may have been Miriam. That is possible.