Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Keyboard Solo Pack (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=52311)

Bursurk_Lurk 10-25-2006 08:03 AM

Keyboard Solo Pack

IIRC someone tried to make this kind of pack before, but I don't know if he ever finished it, so I'll give it a try.

This will be a pack containing of simfiles with solo steps basically. I figured it would be a good idea to make a pack full of solostepfiles to make it easier to get started for people that doesn't have many of them.

Before you consider yourself submitting a simfile to this pack, keep in mind the following things:

- Not many people are familliar with solo, so it would be great if you made easier difficulties. Atleast Light, Standard and Heavy steps should be made. Light should be a 1-7 footer. Standard 5-11 and Heavy 10-13. Beginner, Oni and Edit steps are optional and can be made any way you want.

- I cannot do people's graphics, so be sure have these done before you submit.

- Restepping single steps to solo steps is allowed, but you'll need the original author's approval to do this.

Different submit options are:
Email me the file to andreas_carlsons@hotmail.com
Add me on MSN and send (same adress as above)
Rapidshare/Host it on a site and PM me the link

I'd recommend you to rapidshare/host it and PM me the link since the transfer rate via MSN tend to be extremely slow for me and my email is a complete dump.

If you have any questions just post ITT or PM/IM me

My WIP for this:
His Morning Promenade
Amefuri Koneko
The Least 333 Seconds
Going On Spring Wind
Terran Theme
demo-5

awesomedotcom 10-25-2006 08:49 AM

Re: Keyboard Solo Pack

In in your thread, supporting your packs.

MixMasterLar 10-25-2006 10:09 AM

yeah, I been working on Shapnel's remix to Ken's SFII Theme and it's not too late to make solo (meaning I forgat to save :( ) so if you want it I'll do it.

dAnceguy117 10-25-2006 05:27 PM

Shouldn't this be held off? VGMP2 is going slow enough as it is.

Needs to be done, though. You're probably the ideal guy to run it.

How did you come up with the rule about needing someone's permission to restep something that's already been stepped? I'm pretty sure you didn't ask Linus if you could make Going On ~Spring Wind~, haha.

Patashu 10-25-2006 06:42 PM

brb pitch relevance

MixMasterLar 10-25-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 958796)
Shouldn't this be held off? VGMP2 is going slow enough as it is.

Naw, do it man!

I'll try to get Ken's Theme done by this next monday

but dont hold me to it.

Bursurk_Lurk 10-26-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 958796)
How did you come up with the rule about needing someone's permission to restep something that's already been stepped? I'm pretty sure you didn't ask Linus if you could make Going On ~Spring Wind~, haha.

What I meant with the restepping is to make an almost identical copy of the single steps to solo, you'll need permission to do that.

You do not need permission if you're going to do your own steps from scratch.

dAnceguy117 10-26-2006 03:19 PM

That would be a really gay thing to do, anyway.

Bursurk_Lurk 10-27-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 959919)
That would be a really gay thing to do, anyway.

Perhaps, but you'll never know what people are up to rofl

edit: updated first page

Would be nice if people could suggest better ways to send files.

Shadow_God_10 10-27-2006 05:51 PM

I've never tried solo, lol I hear it has aids. but if anything I'll try and come up with some sims for ya Blurk.

Bursurk_Lurk 10-29-2006 08:09 PM

bump

Rebirth0 10-29-2006 10:27 PM

TGWP full version solo chart

y/n

dAnceguy117 10-29-2006 10:28 PM

probably n but if you want to go for it

MixMasterLar 10-31-2006 09:06 AM

sorry about ken's theme, I get it to you soon. I also have a SCIII song that I also wanna step, prob at the 8 foot lever

Bursurk_Lurk 10-31-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 967773)
TGWP full version solo chart

y/n

Recommended length is 1-5 min, but I can make exceptions if it's an extraordinary simfile. TGWP is way too long though.

Z3ratul 10-31-2006 02:37 PM

Brb, stepping Avril 14th.

MixMasterLar 11-1-2006 10:56 AM

say, what's the deadline for this? I'm asking cuz my life is getting busy and I wanna know what to do first.

Yesssss 11-1-2006 01:00 PM

Probably not until a while.

ps I've been creating a bunch of solo charts based off of single ones. Although they aren't as good or pitch relevant, due to the fact that I just move around the arrows, it's still something to play since I had about 3 playable solo files. I'm working on making 2 per day and I plan on releasing them when I get to about 20.

Patashu 11-1-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesssss (Post 974538)
Probably not until a while.

ps I've been creating a bunch of solo charts based off of single ones. Although they aren't as good or pitch relevant, due to the fact that I just move around the arrows, it's still something to play since I had about 3 playable solo files. I'm working on making 2 per day and I plan on releasing them when I get to about 20.

You could bug Z3r for pitch relevance. He's amazingly good at that.

Bursurk_Lurk 11-2-2006 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 973879)
say, what's the deadline for this? I'm asking cuz my life is getting busy and I wanna know what to do first.

No deadline. I'll release it when I feel that it's good enough to be released. Most people are focusing on VGMP right now, so I'd say this pack is kinda on a hold till it's done.