Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   CS Clan (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=38160)

emccky 01-29-2006 08:51 PM

CS Clan

First thing. Moogy and others, don't come in here to flame. I've talked to Omega already so any flamers(rofl) will be owned. Anyways, onto the point of the thread. This is Omega. Don't even bother if you're gonna take a stab at CS. It'll just be deleted.

Fusion and I have decided we want to make a fun, competitive cs clan for FFR. We're going to start by seeing who would be interested. Basically, if you are interested, you'll be on the team. Now whether you play in matches or not will be determined on skill. I should mention that this team WILL be entering the next Cal Open season, just for kicks. Me and Fusion will be leading, so one (or both) of us will be in every match.

If you are interested post here, how long you've played, and your experience with CS. So for instance, I would post:

I want to join the clan, I've played for 4 years off and on, and have played in Cal-o, IM, M, and I.

If you've never played in Cal(or don't even know what it is) just say you play in pubs and if you really feel like trying to prove you are good.. say your average K:D ratio. Also, please let us know if you play source or 1.6. Me and fusion would prefer 1.6.. but I guess source would do if most people here ONLY play source.

I'll keep editting in names as they appear:

FFR's OFFICIAL CS CLAN
Emccky(leader)
Fusi0n(leader)
MalReynolds
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Chromer
Omegix
Laharl
Kenzya
EB

MalReynolds 01-29-2006 08:55 PM

RE: CS Clan

I just deleted it off of my other computer, but I can get it back.

I want to join the clan. I've never played in CAL before, but I pub. My average ratio is 2/3:1 depending. I also play 1.6.

Mal

emccky 01-29-2006 08:59 PM

I will be updating a list in the first post with names of people interested from now on. We'll go from there. I have made an IRC channel for us on irc.gamesurge.net because that's the irc channel for CS basically.. #ffrclan

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-29-2006 09:05 PM

Count me in. I've had an account for about a year now. Pubs only, but I had an xbox clan that was pretty good so i know what to do as far as matches go. I have 1.6 and source. Anything else?

Omegix 01-29-2006 09:12 PM

I guess I can join the source team. My usually k:d ratio on source is 2:1 (I only play on servers with ff off and no awps/autos :L). I have played cs 1.6 like once or twice but I'm not that good at it.

emccky 01-29-2006 09:14 PM

This is all about fun anyways so it doesn't matter if you are good or not. And anyways.. in Cal-o me nad fusion can pretty much win any matches by ourselves so no pressure :P

Kenzya 01-29-2006 09:31 PM

I've been playing Counter-Strike: Source :/ ... If there is a way that I can play 1.6 without paying more money then I will glad to join a clan.. I've been looking for a clan anyway.

Edit: Oh, looks like there is a Source clan too eh? :)

Chromer 01-29-2006 10:50 PM

Chromsoo reporting in. I had nominal experience with 1.6 but I play on Source only. My Avg KD ratio is 2/3:1.

Laharl 01-30-2006 08:19 AM

I might be persuaded to join. Gimme some server IP's of places you all like to play and I'll join in.

I'm utterly terrible at CS, so I'm mostly looking for an excuse to get better. In Call of Duty, I maintain a 1.5/1 KDR on servers that keep track of stats that tend to be HIGHLY competitive (I think the best KDR anyone has on the server I play on is barely 2:1), so I'm good at first person shooters once I figure them out. I just haven't spent the time to get good at CS, partly because everyone that really plays the game is SO DAMN GOOD, I don't even have a chance to get better.

edit: I should mention, I only have CS:S. Half-Life 2 was freakin' awesome.

ghost_of_eb 01-30-2006 01:02 PM

I've got both, but I've only played 1.6 a few times. I would play either, but you guys would probably just laugh. I have no idea what my average k/d is in CS, but it's not good. I'm usually happen if I break 1:1.

Hell, I die with the riot shield. I would die with 8 riot shields and a bazooka. I'll be good at CS as soon as they add medics. =P

But you said it was just for fun, and you were pressuring me last night (until the power went out for the entire NCSU campus...) so I guess I could join? >______>

whiteflame 01-30-2006 01:22 PM

I play 1.6 I normally pub unless im ringing for my friends clan...they have no league but can beat cal- {ill ask them later} my ratio im not sure of. I'm a average player.

oh and make a vent server.

lord_carbo 01-30-2006 02:46 PM

I'm already in myg0t, but I guess I could join this one.

Just kidding, don't have Counter-Strike >_> So how do I get it? Just download that Steam thing? I've been intrested in getting an online FPS for a while.

Kenzya 01-30-2006 03:20 PM

You gotta buy counter-strike. 1.6 comes free with Half-Life and Counter-Strike: Source comes free with Half-Life 2. Basically. If you download steam you can directly buy either one for like $20 each.

lord_carbo 01-30-2006 03:25 PM

Ohhh, was actually considering getting Half-Life 2. Now I definately have to get it rofl.

Chromer 01-30-2006 04:13 PM

Actually to save money go out and buy the Half-Life 2: Game of The Year Edition. For $60 it includes:

-Half Life: Source
-Counter Strike: Source
-Half Life 2
-Half Life 2: Deathmatch

That's a pretty good deal, IMO.

whiteflame 01-30-2006 06:05 PM

css I get like 14 fps and cant get a new g-card because the way my mother board is built...but I still got like 20-4 in css....easily..cs 1.6 is harder laharl play 1.6 then play source you will get alot better quick.

Kenzya 01-30-2006 06:24 PM

Re: RE: CS Clan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromer
Actually to save money go out and buy the Half-Life 2: Game of The Year Edition. For $60 it includes:

-Half Life: Source
-Counter Strike: Source
-Half Life 2
-Half Life 2: Deathmatch

That's a pretty good deal, IMO.

That is all anyone has anyway.. but $60? I bought it new for $40

ghost_of_eb 01-30-2006 06:46 PM

RE: Re: RE: CS Clan

Maybe it includes DoD:S, too? I kinda wish I had that, but there are better games of a similar type that I have instead, so it's not big deal. But yeah, HL and HL2 are pretty cheap now, and it's not a big deal to get either. The fact that you're getting not just one game but also tons of possible mods makes the game very worth getting.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-30-2006 07:10 PM

Re: RE: Re: RE: CS Clan

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_of_eb
The fact that you're getting not just one game but also tons of possible mods makes the game very worth getting.

ie. Goldeneye Source
http://www.goldeneyesource.com/index.php

Chromer 01-30-2006 09:41 PM

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CS Clan

Wow all today I practiced and my K/D ratio has jumped from 2:1 to about 3/4:1. Most of my shots were headshots. :)