Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Does FFR make you better at DDR? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=3566)

TatsuJiN 10-8-2003 12:11 AM

Does FFR make you better at DDR?

I haven't played DDR yet. If i keep playing FFR and finally try DDR will it be easy for me?

Brainmaster07 10-8-2003 12:19 AM

Probably a little bit. FFR improves hand and to eye coordination and DDR is feet to eye coordination... so you have a start there. But if you can't dance, you can still be the best on FFR, and vice versa.

Anonymous 10-8-2003 05:35 PM

Yeah, considering most people who play DDR have never even heard of a 4-step panel before.

witeasprinwow 10-8-2003 10:37 PM

If you're still working on sightreading and coordination and timing, FFR can help you.

If you're trying to AAA or do really hard songs, FFR really won't be much help...

In fact, the only method I found to use a keyboard to increase PA is to get DWI (Works with stepmania too, but it's not as customizeable) and reduce all the timing windows to something stupidly low... I'm at 20ms for the perfect window right now and I'm starting to SDG heavy songs with those settings on a keyboard... Since I've actually noticed the improvement in my actual game, I'm ordering an adapter so I can get ever better practice.

In short, practicing with the window at 20ms will make you learn to hit every note within 10ms of either side instead of the normal 15... When you go to the arcade, you'll still be trying to hit within that 20ms window, and you end up with an extra 5ms buffer on each side if you mess up (Arcade window is 30ms, I believe)

If you got really good you could change it to say, 15ms or even 10ms at home, giving you a HUGE buffer when you go to the arcade!

LS4D2 10-9-2003 01:49 AM

Right uh... if you say so sounds complicated... anyway if you play DDR first then FFR i think it helps but the other way around... it wont help too much. If you play DDR a few times its not so much eye foot coordination (well yea it is but...) so much as timing and arrow reading which ffr help with. So youll be good at reading the easy songs... but they arent hard to read

witeasprinwow 10-9-2003 06:28 PM

HINT: FFR's timing is rather loose when compared to the arcade. I would not use FFR as a way to pratice my timing.

Jon_Shupe 10-10-2003 09:48 AM

ok it helps you read it, (i specifficly know from experoence) it doesnt help you move faster or do it better youll just be able to read the arrows already (with the help of sm i played standard mode once then went immediatly to heavy) but sm would help a lot more bcuz it is exact copy of ddr and ffr isnt and you can get the official songs somewhere(www.turtleddr.com) and that would help also bcuz you would have an understanding of how fast the arrows go and the patterns and all that :mrgreen:

TeEiShKrWaYyZiE 10-25-2003 01:17 PM

hMm.. dUn tHInk iT hElpS... cUz iPh yuR sLoW TOo bAd...

Nima 10-26-2003 03:53 AM

it helps too notice close notes

makdaddy 10-26-2003 08:02 AM

What my friend does is i play FFR and he does the arrows like hes on DDR it works!

flargon 11-18-2003 09:03 PM

It does help a little, but you will find that FFR actually takes away your DDR skills after playing too long... visa versa. DDR feels a little different than FFR too.

UltimateWeapon 01-3-2004 09:59 PM

yea, they are a good bit different, but i have noticed that playing hellishy last songs loike the things in classical and uber rave helps you in DDR, because i am more into the fast, voltage-high songs on DDR, and as the really fast songs require you have really fast reflexes, it helps... GRR ill get a high score one of these days! im still stuck at like 200 on all of them -_-

silverbloodedbob 01-12-2004 08:41 PM

i played ddr before ffr, and ffr does help increase your ddr skills(atleast in my experience) it helps your reading skills a lot (except if your a fatass and you get all these good scores on ffr then go to ddr and you can read the arrows fine but your feet can move fast enough... so lets just hope your in shape)

SuperDDR 01-13-2004 05:11 PM

no it doesnt because FFR requires HAND EYE cordination and DDR requires foot eye cordination.

lightswitch_raves 01-14-2004 09:52 AM

No. Not if you havent actually started playing ddr. i use ffr and stepmania to practice on my deciphering of steps, or reading them. actually starting with ffr then going to ddr will in no way help you. you ahve to learn the basics and movements on the pad before anything.

Moogy 01-14-2004 06:37 PM

Wow, look, it's Yoshi!