Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mario? Good Or Bad ????? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=33676)

X-Calibur 10-28-2005 09:57 AM

Mario? Good Or Bad ?????

Hey guys, hey i been looking at the gaming shelve lately and ive noticed that Mario is kinda going over-board with there games so the question is

Do you think all the games mario has out is good for their company or bad????

powku17 10-28-2005 11:13 AM

RE: Mario? Good Or Bad ?????

MARIO IS OVER RATED

evilbutterfly 10-28-2005 11:24 AM

RE: Mario? Good Or Bad ?????

They need to make multiplayer SMB1 and 3. I would love to race people through SMB3, occasionally seeing them and stomping on them to slow them down. It would be the ultimate battle of.....awesomeness. 3D Mario sucks, however (not that I've played anything beyond Mario64, but I hated that anyway...).

suicidalmuskrat 10-28-2005 12:50 PM

I don't mind one bit. As long as they keep making the games fun (which all the spinoffs I've played are: Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, Paper Mario...) I don't mind.

Fungishroom 10-28-2005 11:00 PM

Most of Mario games are good, but they're coming out with too many at once. I mean I just heard of Mario Part 4 and I guess they have 6 out now. They made a Golf and Baseball game for Mario to!They should probaly slow down a little and allow the prfits to catch up.That's my thoughts.

-Fungishroom

Kenzya 10-29-2005 12:30 AM

Mario Golf came out in like 2002 (For Gamecube anyway.. you are aware there is one for N64?). Mario Baseball is 2005. Mario Party has been around a long time and has pretty much come out with one game for each year it's been around. Mario Tennis has two releases and the Gamecube version was released early this year.

There really isn't that much.

87x 10-29-2005 01:31 AM

Mario kicks ass. I wish they made renditions of everygame with Mario in them.

Mario:source
Mario's Half Life
Metriod Mario
Marios Fantasy (1-X2)
Mario Monopoly
DDM (Dance Dance Mario)
Marios Legends (1&2)

You get the idea.

Omeganitros 10-29-2005 01:34 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, the fact is this: MASCOTS NEVER DIE.

X-Calibur 10-31-2005 09:53 AM

Ok, the Mario baseball game is cool But a bit hard (little too easy to get out) but since I have it I'll play it. They tired to sneak some Mario Party Mini-games into it thats telling ya somthing (their running out of ideas or there trying to get creative :lol:) and one other thing, im thinking im going to make a mistake by saying this but, since their going in the sports direction they should make a Mario Football game or Hockey some kinda contact sport you know.

Zarbon 11-3-2005 12:14 PM

Ok most mario games are good and yeah they release alot of them too close together. mean it's like their only way to get massive amounts of money easily is by using mario. If they could releas a collection of the old ones for the GC, you know they'd make tons of cash

ajenka 11-3-2005 08:14 PM

Mario games are ok as long as they rock. Hell they Have Dance Dance Mario Mix now which I head is pretty nice but the party games are just that for parties only they're stale wth but one person. However the other games as long as they have that same cartoony feel and a break from reality stuff it's awesome. Because we're in a age where EA and other such companies flood us with stats based games which miss that good old kid age fun. Mario Strikers for example it's a totally refreshing twist (unless real soccer games have flying turtle shells) you have your equivalent of crowd riots when bowser comes in. Then your stage can tip and turn. In Mario baseball it's no longer a plain diamond now you've got ravenous plants sprouting everywhere and super attacks and your field can be a mazeing (lol pun amazing->a mazeing because of mazes lol). Hell I find that nintendo touchs like adding those extra 3 characters into the gamecube versions of SSX, basketball and other such make it worth more than the same x-box and ps versions(same for adding link into soul calibur). As long as mario rocks I've got no problem lol they'll prolly have a marios guitar jam or something later on

CrispyCritterz 11-6-2005 04:33 PM

Ok ill admit it mario is over rated pretty much now there only good games where the old school ones... like mario 1,2,3....thats it they are going a little over board with all the diffrent kinds like "paper mario".....umm yea not wasting money on that game EVER

nforcer06164 11-7-2005 09:03 AM

Hey, no dissing Paper Mario. Both of those were excellent RPGs. Don't go bashing something you know nothing about.

I do think they went overboard when they got to Mario Party 5. That was just one too many, and yet they still keep going. He's got way too many sports games now, too, and though they may or may not be good (not sure, haven't played them yet), it seems to be taking things a bit too far.

X-Calibur 11-7-2005 09:48 AM

Yeah, But i have to tell ya Paper Mario was kick@$$ games but the person who thought of that idea must have been high, I come on your a piece of paper ! HELLO ! all you needed to do is like step into a fire or somthing

Fire=Death :twisted:

But hell i loved them.

ForeverDark 11-8-2005 07:47 AM

Stupid mario game is the first game i ever play! it rock j00 sock

X-Calibur 11-8-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverDark
Stupid mario game is the first game i ever play! it rock j00 sock

Ok, lol, which one the first cause there is kind of few mario games out there.

Zarbon 11-8-2005 11:47 AM

lol the first mario game was called Donky Kong.... He apeared there but i think the actual first one he was a main hero was either wrecking crew or just Mario bros. HA I PWN YOU!!!!

X-Calibur 11-9-2005 09:17 AM

Oh yeah forgot about that game. DuMb, i usually dont ask stupid ?'s

Zarbon 11-9-2005 11:03 AM

lol it's ok...i didn't know it 'til like three weeks ago. =) your not the only one that aint good wif mario stuff

EDIT: I hope you pple know that paper mario was a sequal....the original was super mario RPG cuz paper mario still had the seven stars in it. Yes i am right, I know alot of mario but not all.

Moogy 11-9-2005 11:19 AM

Paper Mario isn't a sequel to SMRPG. It might share some thematic and gameplay elements, but it was produced by a completely different team and doesn't share any sort of story with SMRPG. At best, it's a pseudo-sequel.