Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Japan (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=23715)

Varia 03-29-2005 01:07 AM

Japan

Well, a couple of you know about this, but for the most part, it's on the downlow shhhh.

On March 31st (Thursday morning of this week), I leave this country for an awesome adventure to Japan. Now I bet you are thinking I am some kind of loser who likes anime and stuff like that. I probably don't even know any Japanese! Hah! Who does this...this VARIA character think he is?

Varia thinks he is a guy who doesn't like anime, and has been studying Japanese by himself for over a year and is pretty damn good at it.

Why did I choose Japan? Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I will be going to Japan for 3 months, studying abroad. I guess you guys would call it being an exchange student. I'm not an exchange student because there is no student from Japan coming here in my place. I'm just going over there. I will be going to a Japanese high school and living with a Japanese host family. I will be living in Gifu prefecture. I'm not too keen on that idea right now because it's pretty countryside. The city I'm going to be living in has 58,000 people. I am used to 4 million. Needless to say, it's going to be quite different.

My goals in Japan are to create friendships, learn more about the history culture and to improve my language skills.

As I mentioned before, I have been studying Japanese by myself for over a year. To be honest, I don't remember why I began studying Japanese. But through Japanese, I have met some really awesome people, have gotten job opportunities and a number of other things. Keep in mind I could have chosen a multitude of things instead of Japanese. The important thing (one of them anyways) is that I picked something and I stuck with it, and I got good at it and I am reaping benefits. Well, reaping isn't a good word to use, but you get my point.

My mom just came in and started talking to me and I forgot what I was trying to get at.

Oh yeah.

I encourage you all to explore the world. Of course North America is a pretty cool place (most of you are from North America, (Canada and the US) so don't start stuff) but the world is huge and there is so much to see. I haven't even been to another country save Mexico, which doesn't really count because it's 20 minutes away. But just through studying another language and making friends from other parts of the world, ((insert race)-Americans don't count. At all.) I feel like I am a well-traveled person. I mean, you don't even have to learn another language (I do, however, encourage it). Most people nowadays can speak English, so there shouldn't be any worries.

This was inspired by the American population's general lack of interest in other places. I think it's really lame that Americans are so ignorant that they think their country is the only one worth going to on the entire globe. I know I am going to have an awesome time, and I would like to see more people with an interest in other cultures, histories, places, languages etc.

So during my 3-month stay in Japan, I have no idea what my internet/computer situation will be like. I'll probably be able to get internet access whenever I want, but I'll lack the unhealthy amount of free time I have been having these past two months. I'll probably be posting a few times from Japan.

Keep it real. And I want to see a garbage bin that doesn't suck by the time I come back.

PS Send me some $$ because it's kind of expensive over there.

Rebirth0 03-29-2005 02:03 AM

RE: Japan

I'd like to leave North America and go to Japan myself. I've never gotten far enough to learn the Japanese language but it's always been something that I've wanted to do.

Have fun Varia, be sure to make an enormous post of what happened and what you did when you come back XD

You'll be back around early July I'm guessing.

ananana 03-29-2005 02:53 AM

Take PLENTY of pictures for me! I've always been fascinated by far away places.

Moogy 03-29-2005 05:05 AM

BUT I THOUGHT U WERE A HOT AZN GIRL VARIA

Y MUST U LIE 2 ME :(

RevenG- 03-29-2005 07:18 AM

lol. Well good luck Varia and we will see you later!

Varia 03-29-2005 08:30 AM

Silly Moogy you're thinking of Reach.

JurseyRider734 03-29-2005 08:49 AM

Dude.

I'm going to miss you. Times ten.

You owe me like 4000 times going on cam when you come back OKAY.

msbrunnettemickey 03-29-2005 01:17 PM

heh japan... been there... its sooo cool... EAT SUSHI ALL DAY KK

The_Q 03-29-2005 01:24 PM

Hey, when I went to Greece and Italy and stuff I didn't get a cool "Awwwwww, we will miss da Q!" Maybe I should have announced it.

Seriously, folks, he's right. GTFO of the place you are and go somewhere more interesting. Trust me, there are other places much more interesting. Like "away" and "down yonder."

In any case, hope the experience in memorable. Hope I can actually talk to you some when you get back.

Q

esupin 03-29-2005 01:57 PM

heve you ever been to a foreign country outside of North America? A high percentage of people are supposed to get sick (throwing up , diarrhea) because they are not used to conditions there. I don't know the physiological factors to this, but I know someone who threw up constantly for two weeks when she visited China.

vashthestampede0987 03-29-2005 02:10 PM

Maybe she had SARS. XD lol Umm I've been to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Japan, The Philippines, The U.K.(around and in London-ish), and...that's all I can think of as of right now. Oh and esupin I've never been sick when I visited them except for when I was in Germany and thats because I caught a cold.

The_Q 03-29-2005 02:14 PM

Ahem...

U.S., Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, U.K., France, Germany, Luxemburg, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and finally Turkey.

The italics are the places I've been for fewer than 24 hours. I don't count them as actual stays.

Q

esupin 03-29-2005 02:28 PM

*this usually happens in "second world countries"

Snapps 03-29-2005 02:54 PM

GO TO THAT ARCADE I SHOWED YOU PLEASE THANK YOU

And I'll miss you :/. Get internet.

The_Q 03-29-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

"second world countries"
Communist countries?

I think you mean Third World.

Q

B3NJ1 03-29-2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Q
Hey, when I went to Greece and Italy and stuff I didn't get a cool "Awwwwww, we will miss da Q!" Maybe I should have announced it.

Seriously, folks, he's right. GTFO of the place you are and go somewhere more interesting. Trust me, there are other places much more interesting. Like "away" and "down yonder."

In any case, hope the experience in memorable. Hope I can actually talk to you some when you get back.

Q

I'm going "down yonder" for spring break =/
*back on topic*
The only reason you're going is so you can get some hot action with a school girl like in hentai. Seriously though, have fun and play some bemani for me.

HamHack 03-29-2005 04:20 PM

japan is cool but i like thailand

TheTypist 03-29-2005 04:26 PM

Yes, do keep travelling.

More travelling = better understanding of the world and of humanity outside of the United States. And that's good.

Varia 03-29-2005 06:24 PM

Hol crap I am so tired. I have been shopping all day. You know, last minute stuff.

I just wanted to say that when Q said "away" and "yonder", he didn't mean brbafk.

Well, I guess you could do that on a larger, funnier scale.

hey america, afk.

EDIT: Oh hey Snapps, send me the link to that arcade again. Like I said before, it's not really that far away from where I'll be staying. I'd like to go up in that area anyways because my friend lives over there.

banditcom 03-29-2005 10:34 PM

Make sure you get some action from the Japanese girls.

If they say "big dikku?", say yes. Ask girls for sex and you might get some because you're American. w00t