Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Funny things you have seen at the arcade.. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=20468)

Hurleyguyy 01-18-2005 08:38 PM

Funny things you have seen at the arcade..

ya everyone just post the funny moments of the arcade..

ok last week my friends sister ( 13 years old) is good at DDR she can do all 10's except for psm/psmo...neways she was just screwing around, and this player walked up to play her and (this dude is like 17) I said "dude watchout she is really good", ok so he lauged and turned away. she picked first song, trying to fool him she picked beginner mode and just sat there looking at the screen messing around. ok the third song came around, and he thinking i was stupid for saying she was good, the song was her choice. so she picked max 300 and when the option screen came on she switched all of her stuf to normal(x1.5,solo) then when they got to the bottom he changes his difficulty from heavy to standard, and she changes from beg. to heavy and he get pwned so bad. you just have been there i was lmao.

Velious 01-18-2005 08:47 PM

RE: Funny things you have seen at the arcade..

lmao that sounds awesome
a while back, a few months ago dont remember anymore, but there was some fat guy playing A on sudden and doing incredibly well, but then he tried to be a jackass by pulling tricks and slipped off the platform with like 10 people watching him, it was pretty funny

Tsuteto 01-18-2005 09:44 PM

I don't know of any major occurences really. All I know is that I see a lot of newbs starting into DDR, and half of the time they insert enough coins, but press both buttons at the same time, thus registering only one side. Have to keep correcting people like that. However, if people DO det both sides, half of the time they pick doubles mode instead of versus.

It gets annoying after seeing it multiple times.

Freak83 01-18-2005 10:00 PM

Wish I could see something funny. Everytime I find a machine it's either empty or hogged up by a group of like ten friends who all suck and are trying hard to pass a song on beginner and light.

jewpinthethird 01-18-2005 10:12 PM

I feel off the dance pad once. I think that would have been funny had it happen to someone else and I was watching.

Hackerboy603 01-18-2005 10:30 PM

Well, i AM 13 and I did that once (see top post) but I always on heavy and oni. It's very amusing seeing a "master" get creamed by a kid half thir size. I killed him on So Deep, Stoic, and finally Drop Out. He went home for the night.

Spazzbite 01-19-2005 05:03 PM

Some kid got mad and yelled at me for doing a Max run no bar. Someone a foot shorter than you yelling at you is quite a funny sight.

truelife 01-19-2005 05:56 PM

I was at an arcade in Washington, DC. I walk into the arcade to play DDR and see a man with only one leg playing on the machine. He was doing standard songs, getting all AA's. I think that is pretty good, for only having one leg. BTW, he did have a crutch, that is how he handled the jumps.

Tank101 01-19-2005 07:15 PM

One time I was playing a song and this guy was like "Haha, how gay." So he jumped up there and started randomly moving his feet around saying "Hahaha this is so gay." Then he started acting like a retard and just jumping around, followed by him repeating "This is so gay." Over and over again, then he left, saying "Hahaha, that was so gay."

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX 01-19-2005 08:11 PM

Re: RE: Funny things you have seen at the arcade..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank101
One time I was playing a song and this guy was like "Haha, how #$*." So he jumped up there and started randomly moving his feet around saying "Hahaha this is so #$*." Then he started acting like a retard and just jumping around, followed by him repeating "This is so #$*." Over and over again, then he left, saying "Hahaha, that was so #$*."

ROFL. funny story. any, here's my story.

I walk up with some friends to the DDR machine and we see two 10ish yearolds playing DDR. They had just finished their second song and were trying to decide what to pick for last stage, then all of a sudden they squeal "OMYGAWD LITTLE BITCH!" "DON'T SWEAR OMYGAWD!". And so they play it...and they fail XD Then me and my friend (wilson) walk up and we play, and we started screwing around on beginner mode. The two girls stood there and waited and were like "omygawd they SUCK let's school them next round". So we screwed around on second stage aswell on butterfly. They squeal, again. One of the two girls gets the idea that she wants to play vs. me next round so I say sure after I finish. Wilson picks rhythm and police, we throw it up on heavy. We play, we finish, we turn around. What do we notice? The two girls had ditched.

w00t.

ananana 01-19-2005 08:54 PM

RE: Re: RE: Funny things you have seen at the arcade..

Mine is similar to Tanks. Cept better.

Kid was mocking a friend and I. When one of us was playing he'd jump on the machine and jump around like an idiot while running his mouth. "This is gay!" "You guys suck!"
He wasn't even your average unimpressed passer-by(if that makes any sense to you). He was loud and obnoxious and went on for a good half hour.
Boyfriend decided to tell the mall security about this pest and he ended up getting kicked out of the mall.

Tsuteto 01-19-2005 09:00 PM

One time I was at a Tilt. There were a group of friends that were all kinda punkish, and what comes with most punkish looking people? Idiocy. I played PIU, and some kid was just acting like a retard. It would've been funny if I had punched him in the face... but I didn't want to get kicked out.

truelife 01-19-2005 09:56 PM

Pffft... knock the cunt out next time.

Tsuteto 01-19-2005 10:03 PM

It didn't help that my sister was there, so bah.

truelife 01-19-2005 10:20 PM

Oh, I see. Well, that is why I said "next time", just incase something like that happens again.

SMGod 01-19-2005 10:39 PM

Lol funny stories. I don't like to play with many people around or a crowd or anything as I personally don't like it... So I sometimes just screw around when people are watching and they assume you suck... They don't seem to notice when you are purposely screwing around and moving like 1mm lol.
Anyways lots of people that are n00bs think they can school us cause we screw around when they are watching. I don't like to go up and do something insane after though (well once in a while lol) but usually I just let them think they are insane rofl.

truelife 01-19-2005 10:50 PM

I never suck when I play DDR. I always go all the way.

SMGod 01-19-2005 11:06 PM

uhhh its called on purpose

truelife 01-19-2005 11:09 PM

I know what you guys mean. When you guys play, you just mess around. When I said that I never suck, I meant that I never lose songs on purpose. There are times when I choose to take it easy on a song, like if I'm playing with a friend, but most of the time, I try to get the best score possible.

I know what you meant.

SMGod 01-20-2005 12:06 AM

I wouldn't fail :P just not get a really good score