Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Question for D7-D8 Players (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154259)

Zyxel 02-22-2023 02:34 PM

Question for D7-D8 Players

In regards to difficult charts (like 100+), what do you look for / what does the chart need to have in order for it to be an engaging? What is appropriate to feature in a 100+ chart that is designed for fun interactive gameplay? What should a chart NOT have?

Lot of questions I know.

I am curious though, because most easy/moderate charts are pretty straight forward in terms of difficulty curve and matching the song appropriately, but I feel like the range of D7-D8 difficult is pretty esoteric in regards to what constitutes a good and playable chart in this range. Primarily, I feel like there is a very fine line between what is possible and what isn't possible; and that the volatility between those two sides is really scary and has to be handled responsibly.

It's also scary in terms of even THINKING about charting something in this range. More of a personal experiment for me than anything else, my main focus is much more dialed back (charting in the 20-70 range is OP). However I'd like to give one earnest shot for the sake of learning and experience. I'm just not qualified by any means to do so, so I'd love some insight from people who ARE qualified.

(Also, if there are any good reference charts in this range that are enjoyed by y'all just lmk + system doctor BASED)

Rapta 02-22-2023 02:46 PM

Re: Question for D7-D8 Players

Everyone's gonna have different preferences, but I like it when a chart around that level has a lot of patterns in my skillset (jacks, chordjacks, and tech), is fairly straightforward yet has a few tricky parts that define the file, and a nice break section or two where it calms down and lets me take a breath.

SK8R43 02-22-2023 03:24 PM

A chart should NOT have zero breaks. My god a 3 minute+ 100+ file with no breaks is pretty exhausting.
Personally speaking i like it when a chart has alot of flow to it, and not just random patterns everywhere that might technically be correct but just arent fun to play. Im not going to name any charts here(good or bad) for the sake of not being rude.

I like jacky files, but pretty much anything except fast jumpstream is fun to me.

Josemba 02-22-2023 05:18 PM

This

Adriano264 02-22-2023 08:52 PM

I don't really know, every chart is good for me, except the jack ones.

xXOpkillerXx 02-22-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josemba (Post 4786100)
This

Peak FFR honestly

Wiosna 02-23-2023 02:59 AM

I'll give a long answer soon, but one of the important questions that you'll find yourself dealing with is the question of "should I create content that directly caters towards these kinds of players" vs "can I put my own twist into these charts while still appealing to them"

klimtkiller 02-23-2023 08:26 AM

look at my chart ‘track title’ if you want good model 100+ diff file