Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New profile token interface (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150965)

devonin 05-25-2019 04:03 PM

New profile token interface

Anybody with the new profile style (If you have the old style, you can change it by going to your 'settings' drop down and selecting 'change profile style') will see something new and exciting in their tokens tab.

As of now, the display shows all tokens (Skill and Milestone), any tokens you have not yet earned are greyed out, and mousing over the tokens will now show you the unlock requirement, instead of just the name of the song it unlocks.

Hopefully this makes it easier to track progress, and find tokens to work towards without going and loading the big multi-page list and flipping around on it.

Antori 05-25-2019 05:14 PM

Re: New profile token interface

very niice i like it

rushyrulz 05-25-2019 05:26 PM

derby forever gray

MrPoptart 05-25-2019 06:07 PM

When you have a bunch it's kinda hard to tell just by looking which ones are still locked. Some of the tokens don't have much color to start with. Maybe the locked ones should also be translucent or darkened, or maybe the locked ones could auto-sort to the bottom of the list. I like the idea of having all the info condensed and in one place though.

SK8R43 05-25-2019 07:04 PM

Cool idea, but i hate the new profile style....too bad for me lol

XelNya 05-25-2019 07:50 PM

when are antipa tokens getting an antipa category

justin_ator 05-25-2019 07:52 PM

Cool update, I like it. I agree it's tough to tell sometimes which are unlocked and which aren't. Was it considered for doing a solid black to "hide" the look of a token until unlocked? Kinda like the concept of a locked character silhouette in an arcade game?

devonin 05-25-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 4675513)
Cool update, I like it. I agree it's tough to tell sometimes which are unlocked and which aren't. Was it considered for doing a solid black to "hide" the look of a token until unlocked? Kinda like the concept of a locked character silhouette in an arcade game?

I gather that this is actually something that would be pretty easy to change, would other people like the unobtained tokens to just be solid black or solid white or something else until unlocked?

justin_ator 05-25-2019 08:10 PM

Even if not fully black/white, even a fair bit darker of a shade if it's a % or mask - currently they just aren't visibly different enough.

Even better, imo, if it were a mask would be not darkening it further but rather introducing a lock icon over top of it in color to really denote that it's locked. Just a thought I guess.

Antori 05-25-2019 09:58 PM

i like the tokens as black and white personally

MrPoptart 05-25-2019 10:08 PM

I think b&w would be fine if they were sorted to the bottom, but having them mixed in makes it kinda difficult.

devonin 05-25-2019 10:15 PM

The main reason for them to be mixed in is so that things like

1 hour played, 5 hours played, 10 hours played, 20 hours played

are right beside each other so you can see how the progression works.

EppuJoloZ 05-26-2019 01:46 AM

First I got confused of that, but it's actually a pretty nice feature :D Now I don't have to go check the token pages, I can just see them from my profile!

EppuJoloZ 05-26-2019 08:53 AM

The dark display works way better, thanks for doing that :D

rushyrulz 05-26-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EppuJoloZ (Post 4675543)
The dark display works way better, thanks for doing that :D

Yea looks loads better.

Coolboyrulez0 05-26-2019 12:22 PM

Solid improvement, nice.

MrPoptart 05-26-2019 08:36 PM

Yep agreed, much easier to tell at a glance now.

EppuJoloZ 05-29-2019 08:41 AM

I actually have a suggestion to this feature :D

It would be nice to have an option to turn them off or on at the style editor (new style profiles), if you only wanna show the sweet row of tokens you have obtained... ;D