Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do You Skip Breakfast? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149808)

Charu 09-7-2018 09:09 AM

Do You Skip Breakfast?

A thought came to my mind and there's some that prefer to skip breakfast because it makes them feel nausea before going to work/school/wakingup. It got me thinking there might be some cool peeps here that share a similar experience, or perhaps a different one entirely!

For me, I don't skip breakfast. I can't handle feeling super hungry after waking up. The times I skip are the times I'm miserable at work (because I was running late or something so skipped fixing myself something quick). It hasn't happened in a long while now and I tend to keep it that way.

Also, I suppose if you want to share what you eat for breakfast that's unusual to be a breakfast item, then ya can share that too. For instance, whenever I have the chance and pizza was brought home the previous night, I will heat that cheesy goodness right up and have that for breakfast. Same thing when it comes to leftovers.

So people of FFR, tell good ol' uncle Charu your story of breakfast woes (or gains).

gold stinger 09-7-2018 09:10 AM

Re: Do You Skip Breakfast?

Literally all the time.

I unhealthily put my work before me because that is what is expected nowadays for maintaining a minimum wage job that barely pays the bills because rent is 230% higher than what it is since 1980's.

Charu 09-7-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4647680)
Literally all the time.

I unhealthily put my work before me because that is what is expected nowadays for maintaining a minimum wage job that barely pays the bills because rent is 230% higher than what it is since 1980's.

Big ol' oof right there. Don't know what to say to make that better, but ya got my hopes!

gold stinger 09-7-2018 09:24 AM

skipping breakfast right now tbh, because I just got home from work, have to go to sleep in half an hour, wake up 4 hours prior to having to go to work, and work another 10 hours at work.

Celirra 09-7-2018 09:35 AM

I skip breakfast for bad reasons; part of it is because of the time/effort required to make breakfast in an already cramped morning (by which I mean, I sleep in too much daily), as well as breakfast typically being either expensive to buy, or costs energy to keep supplies stocked for breakfast (I'm not a big cereal guy and dont have a toaster, etc).

In an ideal world, yeah I'd eat breakfast daily, but realistically it's hard to justify even though it's good to eat breakfast

I also skip supper often for similar reasons

choof 09-7-2018 09:54 AM

I would legitimately eat breakfast way more often if I had a microwave, as that would allow me to food prep on the weekend and then just pop in some breakfast burritos during the week. I take the bus to/from work right now, so it's generally way faster to just roll right out of bed, shave for 5 minutes, and then walk out the door and grab yerbe mate and a clif bar or something at the gas station next to the bus stop

gold stinger 09-7-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4647687)
and then walk out the door and grab yerbe mate and a clif bar or something at the gas station next to the bus stop

So you are the guy that I serve every morning at 4am

choof 09-7-2018 10:20 AM

is your name marie ann and are you a very small elderly asian woman
if so then yes

Skullbac 09-7-2018 10:38 AM

on weekdays i dont skip it
on weekends i wake up too late for that anyway

Charu 09-7-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullbac (Post 4647692)
on weekdays i dont skip it
on weekends i wake up too late for that anyway

Well, for this threads sake, assume waking up late and then eating right after is considered "breakfast"!!!

FirstMaple8 09-7-2018 10:48 AM

no, that's bad

FirstMaple8 09-7-2018 10:49 AM

I find it very unsettling when people don't eat

Mahou 09-7-2018 10:58 AM

I’ll have days where I’ll skip but majority of the time I’ll eat bananas and yogurt. Sometimes oatmeal.

Hakulyte 09-7-2018 10:58 AM

I think I eat more at breakfast than anywhere else in the entire day.

the sun fan 09-7-2018 11:15 AM

I skip breakfast more than I should

samurai7694 09-7-2018 12:04 PM

depends.... I don't ever feel hungry in the morning, or right when I wake up. I need at least 2-3 hours before I feel comfortable enough to have my first meal of the day so I end up just having coffee and/or water first.

aperson 09-7-2018 12:23 PM

I try not to but I also have to wait about 30 minutes after waking up before eating because I'm not hungry at first / food makes me nauseous

YoshL 09-7-2018 12:41 PM

there was a time where i used to drink a nutrient shake (soylent breakfast) and it worked out pretty well for a while, it even had a small caffeine dose in there which helped a bit

then i started throwing up whenever i drank it so i think my body was like "lol no this stuff is garbage"

skipping breakfast is pretty normal, although i'll cook breakfast for lunch a lot of the time, and have like eggs and sausages then

kjwkjw 09-7-2018 01:24 PM

Usually I don't skip breakfast, but I'm also familiar with the nauseous feeling you can get from having food right from the morning. So I often end up having something light or small in portion, like a small bowl of cereal or a single banana.

choof 09-7-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4647711)
there was a time where i used to drink a nutrient shake (soylent breakfast) and it worked out pretty well for a while, it even had a small caffeine dose in there which helped a bit

I actually have some of this stuff in my pantry and was drinking it quite often when I was still taking classes earlier this year, didn't make me throw up but my poos were pretty interdasting
in hindsight it may have been the combo of this and the energy drinks tho so zzz