Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hollow Knight (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146815)

Reach 02-27-2017 06:58 AM

Hollow Knight

Holy shit, anyone else playing this?

Just picked it up yesterday and it's unbelievable so far.

Right now it feels like Ori and the Blind Forest mixed with Dark Souls. Appears to be a fairly large game as well for 2D. I lost track of time and put in over 6 hours and don't think I'm even half way. Definitely worth the asking price content wise.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367520/

Reach 03-9-2017 01:51 PM

Re: Hollow Knight

Nobody has played this game?

Damn shame, just finished it and it is probably one of my favorite games ever.

Took a solid 20 hours to finish with 93% completion, guideless. The best metroidvania game ever and one of the best platformers I've ever played.

Will probably give speedrunning it a whirl too if I get time and finish Breath of the Wild (though, I did stop playing BotW at a couple of points to go play this instead so that should tell you something!)

shenjoku 03-9-2017 04:44 PM

I think I found the next game I'm streaming >.> that looks fucking sick.

.Gazelle. 03-9-2017 09:35 PM

watched one of my favorite streamers play through it a little bit ago, amazing looking game

sickufully 03-10-2017 12:13 AM

Added this to my wishlist as soon as I saw it, reminds me a bit of Ori and the Blind Forest.

I've read a few reviews commenting on lag spikes and some stuttering during gameplay. Have you experienced this or are these just picky reviews?

Reach 03-10-2017 05:18 AM

I think the spikes are hit and miss.

Personally I did NOT experience any spikes until near the very end of the game, in one area of the game I did get a few spikes but it was pretty irrelevant and didn't affect the experience other than that I was like "oh that must be what people are complaining about".

I have a high end rig though (GTX 1070), I've seen a lot of other people with high end rigs that haven't had any spikes.

It's also at the top of the devs list of things to fix too and they've already launched a beta patch addressing it so the devs seem to want this game to be perfect.

Ori and the Blind Forest is certainly one of the better metroidvania games in my books but I would say this game is significantly better on a number of levels. I also 100%'d Ori in about 1/3 of the time it took me to finish this game.

sickufully 03-10-2017 06:03 PM

Hmm well it's good to know that the devs are determined to fix it and not just abandon it like so many other game devs.

My only problem is that I have a laptop (I move around a lot) and no high-end rig. It has a GTX 960 and 16gb ram so it's not terrible, just trying to figure out if it's enough to not have the aforementioned problems.

I just started back at uni so I probably shouldn't be looking at games to buy but it just looks too good to pass up. Maybe I'll wait for a sale since it's a fairly fresh game.

Oh I just realised it was only released like 3 weeks ago so yeah, would be kinda of stupid to abandon it already.

shenjoku 04-1-2017 01:22 AM

Finally getting around to streaming this :) Haven't seen any of the game other than the trailer. Should be fun! There may be alcohol involved >.> because Friday.
https://www.twitch.tv/shenjoku

leonid 04-1-2017 04:42 AM

game looks like ori but instead of a goat rabbit creature thingy you are a tooth fairy
will give it a shot once i clear my steam backlogs

shenjoku 04-1-2017 03:53 PM

Suuuuuper fun so far :) Loving it! I'm a sucker for good exploration games.

shenjoku 04-2-2017 11:37 PM

20 hours in and I'm STILL finding new areas. This game is massive o.o

Reach 04-4-2017 11:36 AM

So good eh.

I might give it another playthrough soon and see if I can get 100%. So many little things still to find.

shenjoku 04-10-2017 07:49 PM

I ended up with 98% because I didn't want to scour the world for two mask pieces and I just wanted to beat it already lol. Good thing is that it doesn't kill your save when you beat the game so I can still go get them when I feel up to it. So that's cool :)

Took me a little over 30 hours. Almost 45 minutes on the final boss x.x Shits hard yo.

Kraezymann 04-10-2017 07:52 PM

Just bought this, super hype

shenjoku 04-19-2017 01:13 PM

Beat the game on Steel Soul mode and under five hours (4:48), woot! Took me all weekend to do it and five attempts x.x Was fun though :)

MinaciousGrace 04-19-2017 05:25 PM

is hollow knight what you get after you've used a shovel knight

choof 05-14-2017 09:29 PM

waiting for the poe beta so I went ahead and bought this
gonna start it tonight, hype

MarioNintendo 05-15-2017 12:06 PM

I should get this

RoyCombs 08-10-2017 06:02 AM