Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   thinking of quitting ffr (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=141652)

Nega Master 04-19-2015 08:20 PM

thinking of quitting ffr

even though i have made a lot of friends, played hard and even got a spot on team pony, for some reason, i feel i didn't accomplish anything. besides, my friends r usually dead and i pretty much never have time to play the game. so im debating whether or not i should quit

Evascythe 04-19-2015 08:54 PM

Re: thinking of quitting ffr

au revoir

Mahou 04-19-2015 09:25 PM

There are better games out there.

omega_grunt666 04-19-2015 09:41 PM

You have to set goals for yourself if you want to feel like you're getting anything done, everyone has different strengths and its really hard to tell what a good score is for any particular player unless you know them/the chart very well. Play some other games, lurk more, being less active =/= quitting.

hi19hi19 04-19-2015 11:48 PM

Define... "accomplishing something"
Did you not accomplish having fun? If you did not, I question why you would play a game at all.

Kokonoe Rin 04-20-2015 12:01 AM

People rarely "quit" ffr, especially us that've been around for years and practically grew up around our nonsense, progress, an everythin else. What usually happens is we don't play nearly as much, or much at all, but we still pop in every now and then. So why not try that? Just lurk around whenever the mood strikes you, and go play other games. :3

MarioNintendo 04-20-2015 12:29 AM

FFR is a sin. I really mean it. The amount of fun you get from the game oscillates periodically over time. The moment you think you're done with it, you begin hooked once more, before you get bored out of it again once you reach your peak... rinse and repeat.

Take a little break, but I'm sure we'll see you come back some day for at least a few games. :)

leonid 04-20-2015 12:54 AM

idk why not just play when you feel like. stay away and play some other good games otherwise
it's just a game not a big deal

dell2150 04-20-2015 01:25 AM

You could always play Thirdstyle instead. :) my deepest apologies to the TS "community".

Lambdadelta 04-20-2015 01:31 AM

I'm a pretty pony and I always dress in style.

P.S. shut the fuck up Sam

Red Blaster 04-20-2015 02:06 AM

I will miss these Nega Master threads :(

Arch0wl 04-20-2015 06:13 AM

for almost everyone here except staff and perhaps the very best players, ffr shouldn't be a big enough part of your life to the point where you feel the need to 'quit'

XelNya 04-20-2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nega Master (Post 4306148)
even though i have made a lot of friends, played hard and even got a spot on team pony, for some reason, i feel i didn't accomplish anything. besides, my friends r usually dead and i pretty much never have time to play the game. so im debating whether or not i should quit

Look the best way to approach this game if you're not playing it competitively is to play it when you want to.

I tend to play FFR now days when I'm physically not in pain enough to do so. (Lately can't because LOLWINDOWS7LAGPLZ.)

I love playing FFR while chatting with Sky Kitten. I think she finds my rage moments funny when I'm not shittalking files. :D

rushyrulz 04-20-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokonoe Rin (Post 4306256)
People rarely "quit" ffr, especially us that've been around for years and practically grew up around our nonsense, progress, an everythin else.

Tell that to 2010.

_Zenith_ 04-20-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 4306311)
for almost everyone here except staff and perhaps the very best players, ffr shouldn't be a big enough part of your life to the point where you feel the need to 'quit'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From what I've seen myself, the site has lost roughly 80 daily users from the Score Purge and while that may or may not be the full reason as to why those people left, it's ultimately your decision.

Deadlyx39 04-20-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dell2150 (Post 4306277)
You could always play Thirdstyle instead. :)

Plz Stop plugging TS thx. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mahou 04-20-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4306335)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Score Purge

Pretty much the reason why I don't care anymore.

mrpreggers 04-20-2015 09:19 AM

TURDSTYLE NERDSTYLE MORE LIKE FORTHEBIRDSSTYLE ok >=€

mrpreggers 04-20-2015 09:19 AM

MY STYLE IS YOUR STYLE a

TheRapingDragon 04-20-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nega Master (Post 4306148)
besides, my friends r usually dead

Well there's your problem right there. Stop hanging around with corpses and you'll find your ability to enjoy life increases ten-fold.