Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ali's Art Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135623)

Alioth 03-5-2014 10:30 PM

Ali's Art Thread

First off...I have been involved with art since I was 15 years old. I have experience with Photoshop and Illustrator, but I do use C4D on occasion. Feel free to take a look, and if anybody has any Pokemon requests, please do let me know via this thread or Private Messaging. Thanks!! :D

I will start off with older art just so everyone has an idea with how I started.

First Drawing [2006]

Drawing from 2007

Anti-Smoking Advertisement [2011]

Briarcliffe Trip Flyer [2011]

Revisited First Drawing [2011]

Charmander Concept [2011]

Yoshi Summit [2012]

Art Collab [2012]

Tails Concept [2013]

Pokemon Team Concept Revisited No. 1 [2014]

Guilmon [2014]

Pokemon Team Concept Revisited No. 2 [2014]

---------------------

Thanks for the view, and feel free to critique for sure!! I am always looking for room to improve :) Have a wonderful night :D

Xiz 03-6-2014 12:42 AM

Re: Ali's Art Thread

Oh my god... that progression....

nice work

xNiX 03-6-2014 12:50 AM

Yoshi summit is my favorite.

Alioth 03-6-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4089950)
Oh my god... that progression....

nice work

Thank you!! Yea the first couple of pics are...not good haha. Although I wouldn't mind redrawing some of those concepts again :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by xNiX (Post 4089955)
Yoshi summit is my favorite.

A lot of people tend to like that pic...took me 25 minutes to sketch then :P

Anime OC (Hideo Kazima AKA Sutetsu)

Wayward Vagabond 03-6-2014 01:56 PM

improving little by little, nice job

cedolad 03-6-2014 02:20 PM

Towards the end, I really like your style. The shadings on Guilmon and Meganium are super sick!

Alioth 03-6-2014 03:07 PM

@Vagabond - Thank you :) I figured that I would share a timeline of my work to show that not all artists are natural xD

@cedo - Those are my favorites as well :D

Edit: Done some sketches within the past few days :P
--------------------
Tear The Moon (Inspired by Shpongle)

Dragonite Sketch

Alioth 03-23-2014 03:00 PM

Work in Progress for DragonIIDX :D

Nullifidian 03-23-2014 03:19 PM

I definitely see some improvement but you need to practice your fundamentals more. And by that I mean the basics such as (but not limited to) perspective and anatomy (which aren't all that basic really, they're pretty complicated).

Alioth 03-23-2014 05:09 PM

Yea I've been trying to improve on Anatomy more-so lately than usual. It's complicated, but at the same time I would strive to have a unique style of my own :) I'm definitely going to look at some pages for anatomy though...probably by Tuesday~

Nullifidian 03-23-2014 05:51 PM

Style comes naturally as you progress so don't worry about that just yet. Don't make "style" a cop-out for not learning proper anatomy.
Also, don't just focus on anatomy alone. All of the core skills will complement each other. Better grasp of shapes will help you in anatomy, better grasp of perspective will help you with shapes, better grasp of anatomy will help you in perspective etc. etc. Learn them simultaneously.

Alioth 03-24-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 4103631)
Style comes naturally as you progress so don't worry about that just yet. Don't make "style" a cop-out for not learning proper anatomy.
Also, don't just focus on anatomy alone. All of the core skills will complement each other. Better grasp of shapes will help you in anatomy, better grasp of perspective will help you with shapes, better grasp of anatomy will help you in perspective etc. etc. Learn them simultaneously.

I'm not that great at backgrounds and foregrounds :( However...I'm looking to add some detail in my works. If you look at Yoshi Summit...it's been rushed x.x Although I am okay with the result I would like to add some detail to my works :P It'll take time & practice, which I have been doing for years xDD

Mahjix 04-9-2014 03:04 AM

Indeed, you have progressed quite a bit over the time and it's great! Keep going. To touch on what Spitfire was saying, I think the idea he's trying to convey is to work more on recognizing and refining basic shapes (circles, ovals, spheres, rectangular prisms, etc.) to help better with form and execution; focusing on providing more detail in a picture and/or correct anatomy will not always grant better results if key fundamentals are missing, and, I promise you, they will help in ways that will blow your mind into the middle of... Saturn (I don't know). In any case, keep at it and never stop practicing. See each new piece as an opportunity for improvement on, at least, one thing. :}

Alioth 04-9-2014 05:52 AM

Thanks~ I intend to do this as a hobby nowadays though. I plan on going into creative writing as my career since I adore Poetry & Fiction xD I'll keep you updated on my art though :D

Edit: Meh fuck it I'm back into graphic arts haha~

Alioth 05-5-2014 09:24 AM

Work in progress~ :)

Nullifidian 05-5-2014 10:33 AM

I'd like to see you tackle some perspective excercises. It'll greatly improve your work because your perspective (among other things) is really off.
Draw houses or something in perspective, simple things, but make sure to use guidelines etc. If you need some information on the subject or terminology, I can link some stuff.

gold stinger 05-5-2014 10:36 AM

better than I will ever be at drawing lines.

Alioth 05-5-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 4129729)
I'd like to see you tackle some perspective excercises. It'll greatly improve your work because your perspective (among other things) is really off.
Draw houses or something in perspective, simple things, but make sure to use guidelines etc. If you need some information on the subject or terminology, I can link some stuff.

Definitely link me to some perspective guides :D Yea I'm a work in progress still, but I hope to have an excellent finalization in my style~

Nullifidian 05-5-2014 02:54 PM

1 point perspective video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCW9D2GytHo

2 point perspective video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmSg_F4P5yU

3 point perspective video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfHRReALvVc

A little google searching and you should be able to find the fundamentals of drawing and find information on them yourself though.

edit: also please don't follow all of mark crilley's videos blindly. He has a lot of anime videos which are great if you want to draw anime but they don't teach you anything of the fundamentals you need to know to draw anime to begin with (like anatomy, construction, shadow or value). Don't try to make manga your cop-out. A good artist can do a style by choice, not by lack of skill.

Alioth 05-9-2014 07:37 AM

@Spitfire - I appreciate all the help you are giving me :] Anyhow...as far as switching styles go, I agree with you 100% on being able to switch styles to my liking. It'll make my art variable, and I'm planning on starting off a one point perspective drawing today at some point. I'll make sure to update with progress. My main goal with my art is to become an illustrator (varying from anything artsy wise), but for now I'm going to work on building a portfolio :)

I'll be updating with my progress every 4 days :] To be honest lately I haven't been as happy with my artwork as I'd like to be (mainly due to flaws in my settings), but art is a lifestyle IMO, so I will always be learning something xD

Edit: Made a journal on my dA for upcoming projects. My main goal by Summer of next year is to start my LoZ Fan Manga :D