Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   RB drums for FFR. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=134805)

ironmaidenfan 01-22-2014 10:55 AM

RB drums for FFR.

JW , anyone else had this idea, hooking up a drum set and mapping the arrows for a sweet drum session x)

EtienneSM 01-22-2014 10:59 AM

Re: RB drums for FFR.

About three or four year ago, I used to play Stepmania with Rock Band drums using xpadder. Lot of fun honestly, wish I still had one.

samurai7694 01-22-2014 11:02 AM

Yes, several others have had this idea and have done so on video.

However, at some point it becomes extremely difficult to play certain stepfiles on Rock Band drums :P

MasterRay 12-12-2019 06:44 AM

I got that idea exactly when I saw Alesis here. Had a thought "Why in the world shouldn't be there some drum analogues if there's Guitar Hero exists?" But it seems too difficult to connect real drum kit to the pc. (or am I too lazy?)

Dinglesberry 12-12-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterRay (Post 4705305)
I got that idea exactly when I saw Alesis here. Had a thought "Why in the world shouldn't be there some drum analogues if there's Guitar Hero exists?" But it seems too difficult to connect real drum kit to the pc. (or am I too lazy?)

If this wasn't a 5 year old thread I'd wager that this is arguably the most relevant spam bot post ive seen in a thread

edit: may not be a spam bot i dont even kno anymore man

rushyrulz 12-12-2019 11:22 AM

Sounds fun, but you quickly run into the "this wasn't designed to be played on RB drums patterns" that make it less fun. I've been known to play "my keyboard is a guitar" mode where you hold your keyboard like a guitar and map F1-4 to an arrow

Dinglesberry 12-12-2019 11:46 AM

theres a guy who plays 5key stepmania using drums, but ya he makes his own charts for it

he gets extremely triggered when people ask him why he charts the kick on the leftmost note instead of the middle lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4705327)
Sounds fun, but you quickly run into the "this wasn't designed to be played on RB drums patterns" that make it less fun. I've been known to play "my keyboard is a guitar" mode where you hold your keyboard like a guitar and map F1-4 to an arrow

I feel if you treated it like index itd be fun, index streams would be playable for sure cause its alternating notes etc

Not devonin 12-12-2019 06:26 PM

I'd probably prefer to map the bass drum to the centre if it were me.

SubaruPoptart 12-12-2019 06:40 PM

I think I can see why, just like with the bass pedal out of the way of everything it's a lil easier to see what you have to use your hands for. If it were in the middle I'd think it were a pad note so I'd hit and miss. I'd have it on the far right though, if anything.

Dinglesberry 12-12-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4705369)
I think I can see why, just like with the bass pedal out of the way of everything it's a lil easier to see what you have to use your hands for. If it were in the middle I'd think it were a pad note so I'd hit and miss. I'd have it on the far right though, if anything.

he should use a skin that just makes the left note or w/e he uses a circle and the others arrows lol and itd fix my ocd

MasterRay 12-13-2019 08:47 AM

Hm, I didn't get an answer to a question that I had on my mind, but everything turned out really interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4705319)
If this wasn't a 5 year old thread I'd wager that this is arguably the most relevant spam bot post ive seen in a thread

edit: may not be a spam bot i dont even kno anymore man

That's funny.
Actually, I like to confuse people but that's almost beyond good and evil, hahah!