Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Sound Voltex (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132705)

Ghakimx 10-28-2013 01:25 AM

Sound Voltex

Anyone play this machine from Konami? Its definitely here in Singapore but I don't know about the rest of you guys.

L.B.D.D 10-28-2013 01:42 AM

Re: Sound Voltex

damn i made a thread about sound voltex about a month or two ago

there are no machines in the US apparently

when i go back to korea over winter break i'm hoping to find a machine in one of the arcades

Ghakimx 10-28-2013 02:44 AM

That sucks. Come over to Singapore, we've got E-Amusement!

GammaBlaster 10-28-2013 03:10 AM

Canberra is a huge wasteland for rhythm gaming

There used to be an R21 ITG2 cabinet here :'(

L.B.D.D 10-28-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 4009714)
That sucks. Come over to Singapore, we've got E-Amusement!

if you asked me that 2 years ago i would've gone over summer

now i don't have time :C

Ghakimx 10-28-2013 04:04 AM

Yeah I would have but Sound Voltex was not invented back then and all there was was IIDX. Maybe LongGone and DarkRazor would have been around but still.

L.B.D.D 10-28-2013 04:23 AM

iirc ezexzero7497 lives in singapore

you guys should do a meetup

Crazyjayde 10-28-2013 04:50 AM

I definitely would have liked to hear some input. If you could drop a thought or two that'd be great.

NekoGon 10-28-2013 05:18 AM

Which part of Singapore? I visited one of the Bugis Mall arcades a couple months back when i was on vacation but i didn't see any SDVX machines zz

Ghakimx 10-29-2013 03:39 AM

Yeah I know he lives in Singapore but I dunno if he's willing.

Sound Voltex is more like a IIDX with 4 upsized buttons, 2 IIDX buttons lined up horizontally called SFX buttons like DJ Max and 2 knobs. If you have the proper technique, you can master pretty quickly. I think the game is pretty hard because of the multi-tasking, like knob turning + note hitting.

The majority of the songs are touhou remixes and Exit Trance songs. There are some Bemani remixes but the majority are anime songs as well.

As for the difficulty, it follows DDR. It goes from 1 to 15 but it also follows the difficulty set of IIDX, something like Normal, Hyper and Another but it was named something else.... I don't remember though.

I started around level 9 and 10 but I'm not used to the game yet for 11 and beyond.

Fun game, nonetheless. If you play Pop N' Music, IIDX, DJ Max or even just FFR, this is for you.

Crazyjayde 10-29-2013 08:40 PM

ddr_f4n 10-29-2013 11:26 PM

All of the Touhou goodness

And Exit Tunes vocaloid I guess.

Wish we had it around here otherwise I'd drop Technika for this game yo.

shenjoku 10-30-2013 12:40 AM

I've heard of it before but never looked it up until now. Looks fucking fun o.o sucks that I'm never gonna get to play it :(

Ghakimx 10-30-2013 02:41 AM

Video time!

Smooch remix. this is a 13 as you can see. SDVX focuses less on note streams and more on difficult multi-tasking, kind of like IIDX with lots of scratching.

Also note, the difficulty selection like IIDX:

Normal - Novice
Hyper - Advanced
Another - Exhaust

Why can't it just be Easy, Normal and Hard? Is it that difficult? No pun intended.

An extra note for those playing (lol another pun), is that if you want to hit the SFX button and the normal notes, you can use your wrists to multi-task better. I did it with my thumbs at first but I got confused very quickly. Also, those with smaller hands probably have an advantage this time, unlike in IIDX.

neoray333 11-5-2013 05:43 AM

Haven't tried this game, but the controls and gameplay seems rather confusing. I think I will just keep on playing IIDX.

Ghakimx 11-13-2013 02:04 AM

Nah, its not that bad. To me, its like playing IIDX on double, just that you have a lot less keys. Like I say, your multi-tasking skills are the prime here.

Tyson ultima 11-13-2013 02:22 AM

Lets just say some people have the game and some people have home controllers huehue

shenjoku 11-13-2013 02:30 AM

Are there really none in the US AT ALL? That seems kinda strange considering every other music game ever has made its way over here one way or another.

ddr_f4n 11-13-2013 10:34 AM

Well all I know is that it's coming to this upcoming MAGfest :V

shenjoku 11-13-2013 09:46 PM

MAGfest is way too far x.x May as well still be in Japan or Singapore or wherever they have it.