Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Facebook pet peeve (this one in particular) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129782)

kommisar 04-11-2013 02:39 PM

Facebook pet peeve (this one in particular)

people who share images from generic facebook pages. They piss me off. I think it's a fact every soccer mom and their pregnant daughters share this kind of shit.

More specifically, math questions. Man. Looking at some of these answers (the majority mind you) makes me question if people bothered to finish high school.

The image in question had this equation:

7+7/7+7x7-7

Most of the comments had 56 as the answer. If you're not retarded, I think you can figure out the answer for yourself It's 50 ya cak monglers.

You can find some of these twats here
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I don't understand why I get so riled up with these, but man do people seriously share this easy ass grade school shit on their facebook walls and brag about THE WRONG FUCKING ANSWER? That's great. My favorite comment must've been this one:

"d: 56 I'm just smart enough to use the calculator on my laptop :)"

Well congratulations. This woman was also studying engineering in university.

"56. D. Plus signs separate operations 7 + (7/7) + (7X7) - 7 = 56"

I hope to fucking god he didn't use a calculator for that one.

Know what else pisses me off about these shared pictures? The ones that challenge you to find something in a group that doesn't have a certain letter in it. Like "name a color that doesn't have the letter "E" in it. Bet you can't!"

Yeah well I hope you at least learned your primary colors, because the answer really isn't all that elusive. Some ask for states without the letter "a", fish without the letter "a", etc. Like damn. You must be close minded as fuck to actually have a hard time answering these questions. But I get it, said pages are just trying to generate traffic and get a stupid amount of comments, likes, and shares to sell off or some shit. I don't know. But this pisses me off.

BOSS_pjpaveloffga 04-11-2013 02:43 PM

Re: Facebook pet peeve (this one in particular)

Its 54.
LOL retards

FissionMailed1 04-11-2013 02:48 PM

I really hope you are kidding.

lumphoboextreme 04-11-2013 02:48 PM

hahahaha people do this on my facebook too.

dascookieman 04-11-2013 02:51 PM

i've seen all of this as well lol, there's soo much crap going around on facebook all the time, i feel like i'm used to it. the math was what i really took notice of though because it was often a poll with different answers and the right answer pretty much NEVER had over 50% and that is pretty O_O i think

samurai7694 04-11-2013 03:00 PM

" lol do it on a calculator without hitting the = button. It's 56 whose smarter than a fifth grader." "PEDMAS MOTHAFUKAS DO YOU KNOW IT?" etc.

the whole thing pisses me off, honestly.

twat is now my favorite word.

Izzy 04-11-2013 03:06 PM

I thought society was supposed to get smarter as time went on.

Xiz 04-11-2013 03:11 PM

Fun

noname219 04-11-2013 03:18 PM

The real question should be : Can you show me the path to those 4 "answers" ?...

AlexDest 04-11-2013 03:39 PM

im surprised they are even breathing at this point

dAnceguy117 04-11-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3890757)
I think it's a fact every soccer mom and their pregnant daughters share this kind of shit.

ouch, lmfao

Nick Skyline 04-11-2013 04:11 PM

7+7/7+7x7-7

I think the correct way to do it is not left to right operations...I unleashed BEDMAS on this one.

B: no brackets, we're good
E: no exponents, we're good
D: 7/7=1, so the equation becomes 7+1+7x7-7
M: 7x7=49, so 7+1+49-7
A: 7+1=8, so 8+49-7
S: 49-7=42, so 8+42

It's not 56, dumbass. It's 50.
I don't even think that was one of the answers up there (if it was, I'm sure I got it right.)

Now try this one using BEDMAS. > 2 + [4 * (8 - 6)^2] + [5 * (3 - 1)^3]

JohnRedWolf87 04-11-2013 04:12 PM

Another Facebook pet peeve are those people who post political shit and urban legends as fact without doing the proper research that one could accomplish with a simple Google search.

It's gotten to the point where I'm getting tired of having to continually post links from Snopes.

j-rodd123 04-11-2013 04:16 PM

keep scrolling if u love satan

or all those long stories and quotes that at the end say "-Einstein" indicating it was his quote, even though like 95% of the images i see were not said by Einstein, but people are retarded and share it anyway

kommisar 04-11-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 (Post 3890783)
Another Facebook pet peeve are those people who post political shit and urban legends as fact without doing the proper research that one could accomplish with a simple Google search.

It's gotten to the point where I'm getting tired of having to continually post links from Snopes.

thisssssssssssssss

and j-rodd's too omg

hi19hi19 04-11-2013 04:45 PM

You get 50 using PEMDAS like most people who passed elementary school would be able to do.
You get 56 going left to right and just following the operations one by one.

What concerns me is how people get answers that aren't even one of those two. What the hell are you even doing bro???

Izzy 04-11-2013 04:46 PM

We should make a sticky where we pretend that it is facebook.

Coolboyrulez0 04-11-2013 04:47 PM

ty for my daily rustle