Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   CBR Presents Omnicore 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127897)

Coolboyrulez0 12-4-2012 03:12 PM

CBR Presents Omnicore 2

It's that time of year again. The snow is falling, the kids are playing outside, and it's about fucking time for another FFR Musician Compilation album.

The Throwdown:
- One (1) song per artist only
- Unreleased tracks only
- Remixes, Refixes etc. are allowed, but original works are preferred
- Track needs to be mixed and mastered to the best of your ability
- I will only accept .wavs (16-bit or 24-bit [1411kbps or 2116kbps])
- Optionally, but preferably, include what genre you wish the song to be labeled as in the tags.
- Send the completed, final tune to: CBRSound@gmail.com (CBRSound[at]gmail[dot]com)
- I will be stricter regarding composition and overall sound quality / design this time. Songs may be rejected due to lack of polish or "bad" composition.
- While there is no limitation on song length, I reserve the right to remove extremely long (8 min or longer) or extremely short songs (1 min or less)
- Additionally, I feel the last release was a bit bloated with SOME (most were excellent, though) unpolished or rushed songs.
- We are shooting for a 10 to 15 song album here.

The final album will be uploaded to bandcamp, which allows each individual listener to choose the format [flac / wav / mp3 / ogg etc] of the album,
as opposed to forcing them to have the release as 320 (and/or lower) mp3 only.

ETA: February.
Get on it, my crafty musician friends.

Check out the current submission list here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...0&postcount=39

Nick Skyline 12-4-2012 04:31 PM

Re: CBR Presents Omnicore 2

I'm a poor boy lookin' for a little street cred 'round these parts...so I might make something for this.

.Gazelle. 12-4-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Gazelle. (Post 3812086)

kommisar 12-4-2012 05:11 PM

ait i'm in son

Ohaider 12-4-2012 05:28 PM

:D

FFR4EVA_00 12-4-2012 07:11 PM

i'm gonna say i'm in NOW but i have no idea what'll happen LATER

kommisar 12-4-2012 08:07 PM

btw are there any rules on........genres?.............

i've had a song of mine cut out of a compilation because of CHIPTUNE HATE

Coolboyrulez0 12-5-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3813388)
btw are there any rules on........genres?.............

i've had a song of mine cut out of a compilation because of CHIPTUNE HATE

Naw, dude.
That's the whole point of omnicore is to be diverse and present a wide variety of genres to the listeners or even some genre-bending/defying tracks.

Nick Skyline 12-5-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3813633)
Naw, dude.
That's the whole point of omnicore is to be diverse and present a wide variety of genres to the listeners or even some genre-bending/defying tracks.

Oh cool.

I've got an idea for a "J-Core/Dubstep/Drum 'n' Bass/Breakcore genre roulette" track.

ScylaX 12-5-2012 09:25 AM

Beware of Nick's future submission his tracks are as hot as red spice.

Herogashix 12-5-2012 09:26 AM

I might make something for this if I feel my ability to create things changes from monotony to iNCReDiuNiQue. I really suck.

kommisar 12-5-2012 09:45 AM

Finished a W.I.P. and recorded it. Gonna crunch up 8bit samples and add them before doing some MaStErInG

ScylaX 12-5-2012 10:54 AM

How 'bout that ?

Coolboyrulez0 12-5-2012 11:02 AM

wow that's pretty much perfect o_o

the only complaints would be make the '2' more visible or readable and put CBRCD-002 on there. (incorporate it in the design, perhabs under omnicore or on the actual '2' in dark font)
and let the omnicore breathe a bit more, its close the the left border

otherwise, flawless work :')

ScylaX 12-5-2012 11:10 AM

By aerating the "Omnicore" area you gave me a good idea to make that 2 clearer.

IS IT OKAY NOW

Coolboyrulez0 12-5-2012 11:24 AM

mmm delicious yes

sendin' da credits, prepare for odd amount (67.7k something) -- sent!

ps: just finished my track its a hip-hop/breakcore fusion track hehe or should i use my japanese hardstyle song for this :(

powerfull 12-5-2012 01:16 PM

I'd really like to participate in this, I just have to actually finish a song lol. I hope my style would be taken well.

Coolboyrulez0 12-5-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfull (Post 3813747)
I'd really like to participate in this, I just have to actually finish a song lol. I hope my style would be taken well.

I would never think about rejecting music based on the criteria of style/genre alone, especially not while running a series called Omnicore :)

I might reject entries though, which I feel lack sufficient knowledge of composition and mixing / mastering. Which most of the regulars that post here are more than well qualified for.

Don't stress, take your time. You guys will be fine.

PS: Mr. Nick Skyline made an alternative cover which he might post here soon which I would like you guys to decide on which would be more suitable for the album.
The other cover will still be included as alt-cover, but obviously wont be the main attraction.

Additionally, Gaz was gonna make one, too, but you dont have to unless you already started working on it xd

Nick Skyline 12-5-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0
While I did already send him the credits, this looks pretty damn amazing and it would be a shame imo to not at least use it as an alternative cover.

Tell you what, post it in the thread and we'll let the contributing musicians, you, me and scylax, excluded, decide which one shall be chosen :)

P.S. CBR, you can just call me Nick.

kommisar 12-5-2012 03:05 PM

I need help with mastering. I feel like a raw gameboy recording won't do it this time, and I know little to nothing about mastering.

I have the .WAV for my raw recording though if someone could help me ._.

ps get yo ass on skype eric