Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Not important issue and a suggestion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125653)

Aeroethimetic 09-1-2012 08:20 AM

Not important issue and a suggestion

This is extremely not important but I noticed it and tried searching the first two pages to see if someone else found it but no one did. If its already known then ignore this, sorry.

But Hiphop genre still says genre two, but its not the old ffr and its kinda moved now. As you flip the genres it goes up smoothly until hiphop. then jumps back into twelve. I think its after eleven I'm not sure.

Also I figure I suggest something, making a multiplayer option on the game without it connecting to the internet. Like asigning four more keys for arrows so two people can share a keyboard and play that way. Like going against people but locally. Maybe add that to the next update or something? Or any comments and questions about it

rushyrulz 09-1-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Not important issue and a suggestion

Velocity has stated on multiple occasions that none of the engines will be updated unless there is a major core change, so neither of these changes are likely to happen. Genre number isn't that big of a deal anyway and there's really no practical use for implementing such a big change to the entire game engine to allow for two-person play (this would be very difficult to code, and extremely time-consuming). Also, I believe the genre number is used by the mods/admins that add songs into the game, so changing them might not be the best idea when there's already a system in place that works.

Aeroethimetic 09-1-2012 11:42 AM

Hmm alright, well answers my question. At least my opinion was thought about. Awesome new engine though, I like the fc and aaa count showing. Anyways thank you

dore 09-1-2012 02:47 PM

I like the two-player local play even though not many people would use it. I guess it encourages co-op play (2 arrows per person) :D

Frank Munoz 09-1-2012 02:56 PM

If we could get an offline co-op mode coded then maybe we can step Couple Charts~
dejavu

-KIDTHONG- 09-1-2012 02:58 PM

2 person MAY be fun, if done correctly.

Charu 09-1-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Munoz (Post 3759867)
If we could get an offline co-op mode coded then maybe we can step Couple Charts~
dejavu

Oh my goodness, YES!

YES!

+X^|Y|

Aeroethimetic 09-2-2012 06:09 AM

Velocity said its not possible though sadly... I can understand how much coding could be involved. But you could do so much with it. New genre of songs could be stepped, more tokens could be achieved, or even bonus tier points to promote participantence. (sp?) AAAing definitely would be interesting to. Maybe even a token specially for a song that one player AAAs most of it or some of it, and the arrows that was not perfect the other player perfected. Like if player 1 screwed up during the middle, but player 2 didnt, both combined would of made a AAA. Doesnt count towards the song being AAA'd, but new token acheived. Could make it like mp as in both players must select the same song so its not too confusing for the other genres. I don't know it has potential.