Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   quick question (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123196)

who_cares973 03-24-2012 03:21 PM

quick question

since when does one ban evasion result in IP bans when the initial ban was for not agreeing with staff and talking about it in a calm and proper manner in the first place?

Festive 03-24-2012 03:30 PM

Re: quick question

I honestly don't think the original post he got banned for was worth getting banned over, and FM is pretty cool, but I still understand why he got it.

who_cares973 03-24-2012 03:39 PM

he was ip banned for bullshit reasons and this whole this is bullshit

Plan_Bsk81127 03-24-2012 03:40 PM

He really got IP banned? Wow, gg FFR staff, you're a complete joke......

JiZ53 03-24-2012 03:41 PM

Boo hoo

Bluearrowll 03-24-2012 03:42 PM

What happened?

Festive 03-24-2012 03:42 PM

Lmfao I didn't even notice you said he got IP'd. Rip Foil. :<

dAnceguy117 03-24-2012 03:43 PM

I was gonna ask the same question until he ban evaded and I was all like ://///

pretty sure ban evasion means game over, period. that's how most websites handle their biz.

ronny segalowitch 03-24-2012 03:44 PM

haha

who_cares973 03-24-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3664080)
What happened?

he just said he didnt agree with ap or with anyone else in that thread and then posted on his alt and got ip banned

Netjet! 03-24-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3664061)
since when does one ban evasion result in IP bans when the initial ban was for not agreeing with staff and talking about it in a calm and proper manner in the first place?

"In closing, **** you AP, you're a clueless retard."

I thought this is what he got originally banned for, and if it is I don't think it's talking in a calm and proper manner (probably taken out of context though as I don't have the original post)

bmah 03-24-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3664087)
"In closing, **** you AP, you're a clueless retard."

I thought this is what he got originally banned for, and if it is I don't think it's talking in a calm and proper manner (probably taken out of context though as I don't have the original post)

Yes, that is most likely the reason why. I'd like to add, however, that the nature of the response is just as critical to justifying a ban. For instance, I can certainly see in this example how others might view this as an abuse of power - i.e. "if you insult me you're banned". Looking at his previous posts, it appears that his point wasn't well-acknowledged or well-received, that people just "didn't get it". Ultimately, foilman made his point in frustration one last time but clearly ap had the last say. What I don't understand is this:

02:42:06pm 03/24/12 - aperson blacklisted foilman8806. All scores have been deleted.

This should only apply if foilman cheated with scores in the FFR game, but I don't recall foilman ever doing this. If his scores were wiped due to a disagreement in a completely different topic of conversation (i.e. irrelevant), then that's wrong. If he evaded by posting in a different account, the consequences shouldn't extend to gameplay itself.

Gundam-Dude 03-24-2012 05:56 PM

I assume the nature of ap's actions are a result from this: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...54&postcount=1

however, foilman isn't even on the list but was still given full punishment which is by all means debatable.

DarknessXoXLight 03-24-2012 06:06 PM

lmfao looks like someone can't handle criticism.

A2P 03-24-2012 06:08 PM

Wait, WHAT?!?!

igotrhythm 03-24-2012 06:10 PM

I'm thinking AP is starting to crack down on the whole antagonistic vibe we have going on around here. The Positivity sticky in TGB, the disclaimer in Suspicious Scores...yeah.

Bitch and moan as we may (and I would if I thought it would make a difference), it was still his call to make. Let's respect him at least that much.

AlexDest 03-24-2012 06:12 PM

well ffr is already hopeless as it is lets just go with the flow of this situation and see how far we get (not very far)

bmah 03-24-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3664156)
I'm thinking AP is starting to crack down on the whole antagonistic vibe we have going on around here.

And my argument is that using scare tactics such as scorewipes to make infractions and punishments more threatening is only going to make the situation all the more antagonistic.

After talking to some people, the reason for this is apparently as an easier solution to "get rid of dicks". Basically, using scorewipes as additional weight to the bargaining chip. The rationale I hear is that "people don't listen regardless of bans, so we have to do something harsher". I interpret this as a short-term solution that can definitely end up in an equally unattractive way. I find this no different than the police force resorting to jails to "fix people" as opposed to education - a gradual process that needs to be ingrained into the community as a whole. Now can you see what I mean when I'm referring to long vs short-term solutions?

edit: the only reason why I'm drilling into this situation is because I want staff to also acknowledge that it's part of their job to have an entrusting relationship amongst the community. Staff needs to encourage the cultivation of good habits - not cultivate fear.

igotrhythm 03-24-2012 06:25 PM

I'm not saying what he did was right, merely that I understand why he did what he did. The writing was on the wall and he made good on his threats. (ffrpartyy just exploded when the news broke, btw).

I see it as like the odd case of police brutality, which was brought up during the Occupy Wall Street movement. As much as authority figures are trusted to not blow their stack during this sort of situation, they're still people. As famous as the deep-seated rage in all rhythm game players may be, let's use this as an example of what happens when we don't keep that rage confined to cameljacks and bullshit transitions. :)

vantilburg 03-24-2012 06:53 PM

Spaceman ;-;