Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chat Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122585)

Zageron 02-12-2012 04:25 AM

Chat Suggestions

What do you want to see in the chat? (You're want-to-see cannot be the chat itself!)

Implemented
In Progress
Possibility
Rejected Idea
This is here to give you a 'slight', but inaccurate, insight.

Commands
These commands can be entered via the text input box. Additionally, some of the commands will be available through GUI interactions.
Quote:

(Note that most of these features are written, but cannot yet be tested.)
Admin: Global Message, MOTD/Topic, Open/Close
Moderator: Important Message, Ban, Kick, Mute, Move
Veteran & Special: Poke/Ping, Ignore, Me
User: Public Message, Away, Private Message, Time

BBCode & Formatting
Special formatting abilities will be offered to users of higher standing.
Quote:

Admin: [img]
Moderator: [SIZE]
Veteran & Special: [b], [i], [url]
User: Veteran abilities rent-able from the chat shop!

Chat Shop
A window where users will be able to purchase chat upgrades, and rent features, using their credits.
Quote:

Rent: Gradient, ...
Purchase: Slap, ...

Radio Module

Quote:

Broadcaster Requirements:
-The broadcaster shall be able to choose what bitrate mp3 they play. (ie. 128, 192, 320kbps)
-The broadcaster shall be able to add a short description of the line he/she plays on. This description is deleted when he/she goes off air, and added again when on air, until edited.

ffr.com/radio Requirements:
-The stations shall list what song is currently being played.
-The station that is currently being played shall be highlighted.
-The FFR Station shall be station 1.
-The Radio live chat shall have it's own tab in FFR Profile Chat. (Profile chat currently has Multiplayer, Veteran, some other tabs. Radio can be another)
-The station shall have a list of recently played tracks. These will be the Song artist and Song Title tags found inside audio files.
-The FFR Station shall list what is being played next.
-The FFR radio shall list all the users currently listening to every station.
-The FFR radio shall list all the users currently listening to each station.
-The FFR radio shall record how long a user has been listening to the radio. (IE. Time listening: 3:05:02)

Profile Chat Requirements:
-FFR Radio shall appear in the top right corner of prochat, as a tab to the left of options entitled "Radio".
-Users not broadcasting who want to listen shall choose which line in a dialog box similar to "Options", except instead of a check box it will be a "bar button" which highlights which line you are listening to. The lines are: Line 1 (FFR's system radio), Line 2, Line 3, Line 4, Line 5 (2-5 are public broadcasting radios).
-4 (or more) Public Lines for the general public to use to broadcast their own music.
-1 Public FFR-system line for the general public, which will play FFR songs at random. This is done by system.
-Lines that are in use shall have an "On air" symbol or something to distinguish.
-When the radio is on, the "Radio" tab in the upper right corner of Prochat shall glow, or have some sort of distinguishable feature.

Misc. Requirements:
-Windows Media Player plug-in, or hotlink that people with Windows Media Player (possibly other platforms) can open that will enable users to listen to lines (each line would have a separate link, Ie: www.flashflashrevolution.com/radio/line4.mp3 (Winamp plugin and iTunes would be cool too)
-Update this url if necessary: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...structions.php
-Bring the The URL for each station is http://www.flashflashrevolution.com:8000/music1.mp3.m3u or music2.mp3.m3u etc..etc. links onto the ffr.com/radio page, so they are easier to see.

Radial Menu Module
Settings, Chat Shop, Actions, Radio, Games, ...

Video Module
Placeholder. Just in case someone accidentally freaked out that this was missing.

Effects
Slap, Bomb, [Invert tbd], ...
It's late and I'm tired, but any suggestions posted here would be appreciated. I will update this post with approved ideas (and other things I remember about).

Thank you~
- Yes, I have already started programming the chat.
- I have put many hours into the current rewrite, though not yet more than the combined total from my previous rewrite attempts.
- This will be the final rewrite, as the coding style I have adopted for this version is awesome!
- Don't hold your breath for a release, but it is coming. I promise. (Alpha & Beta testing will come first.)
- I am asking for suggestions, because I am ready to start adding more content into the chat.

i love you 02-12-2012 04:29 AM

Re: Chat Suggestions

*post reserved*

Will post ideas when i wake up!

PS: Glad you are doing this Zag

DossarLX ODI 02-12-2012 04:32 AM

Reserving this post for my ideas later, thanks for bringing this up again Zag.

nois-or-e 02-12-2012 05:11 AM

A dumbass pen that can have users sent to for specific amounts of time, or until set free.

Keep up the good work ziggy~

who_cares973 02-12-2012 05:12 AM

/me

Q: will bold italic strikethrough colours be doable in chat? ctrl+b for bold ctr+k for colours etc

Anaru 02-12-2012 11:56 AM

Find more prochat mods so that annoying kids / spammers can be taken care of faster :|

Zageron 02-12-2012 03:06 PM

I have removed the post limit, for obvious reasons, please feel free to make multiple posts over time. I guess I was pretty tired last night...

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3636163)
/me

/me: Yes, I have already written the '/me' command, it works like a charm. (Just have to figure out a better way of doing user colours, so that the whole line matches your display colour.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3636163)
Q: will bold italic strikethrough colours be doable in chat? ctrl+b for bold ctr+k for colours etc

A: I doubt I will be adding keyboard shortcuts for formatting, at least initially. I will be looking in to other text effects, however, and they will be made available to users of higher classes or through the chat shop*.

*Chat shop is still a tentative idea.

justin_ator 02-12-2012 03:09 PM

I say go for the chat shop, what negatives could it have?

DarknessXoXLight 02-12-2012 03:16 PM

GRADIENTS!! please? :')

Choofers 02-12-2012 03:20 PM

can i be vidchat mod

On a srs note, it'd be cool to have some kind of function where you broadcast music that you're listening to (via Winamp, WMP, iTunes, what-have-you).

Magicturbo 02-12-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 3636407)

This^

Zageron 02-12-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3636403)
I say go for the chat shop, what negatives could it have?

The idea seems popular within staff. It is the last thing on my priority list right now though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 3636407)

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicturbo (Post 3636414)
This^

I will attempt to add these once everything else is finished. New userbar style might make it complicated, but if you can think of something else /fancy/ then I will look into adding that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3636410)
On a srs note, it'd be cool to have some kind of function where you broadcast music that you're listening to (via Winamp, WMP, iTunes, what-have-you).

That seems like a whole lot of pointless data transfer, but I will look into it when I get down my list far enough.

m0de 02-12-2012 03:40 PM

- flag user for spamming. have it msg a mod when a person is flagged x amount of times.
- ability to ignore users. maybe implement an ignore list.
- use credits to purchase a gradient for x amount of time
- make it easier to pm people. its extremely annoying to do so with the current prochat. example:
/msg user hey whats up
shift+click users name enters "/msg user-name-clicked " into the textbar

- (this is pretty much not possible.. but its a cool idea) "invite" users to multiplayer. if the user accepts the invite, it opens a new window, creates a random multiplayer name room for the players or something.

will edit when more ideas hit me

Xx{Midnight}xX 02-12-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3636424)

Block button would be the almighty god of chat features.

Zageron 02-12-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

- flag user for spamming. have it msg a mod when a person is flagged x amount of times.

I really like the flagging feature idea! Thanks~ (I have a few ideas to prevent misuse, as well!)
The ignore feature has been suggested countless times, and is still very popular! As it currently stands you may 'ignore' a user for 30 minutes, after which point they are no longer ignored. If you somehow need someone to be ignored more than that, please report the user or use your human skills to ignore them.

Quote:

- use credits to purchase a gradient for x amount of time

Also been suggested, I will keep this feature in mind.

Quote:

- make it easier to pm people. its extremely annoying to do so with the current prochat. example:
/msg user hey whats up
shift+click users name enters "/msg user-name-clicked " into the textbar

I love the shift click idea. I have no idea if it will be possible, but I will look into it. (Modules are very much separate, and this might be difficult to do cleanly.)

Quote:

- (this is pretty much not possible.. but its a cool idea) "invite" users to multiplayer. if the user accepts the invite, it opens a new window, creates a random multiplayer name room for the players or something.

This would be a very interesting feature to implement, however I don't know if I will have anything to do with new multi-player development.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3636431)
Block button would be the almighty god of chat features.

Ignore feature. See above.

Emithith 02-12-2012 09:47 PM

Ignore for regular users too would be better, since it takes a hell of a long time to become a vet on this site.

m0de 02-12-2012 09:51 PM

really appreciate you not only reading the communities ideas, but also replying to them. excited to see a beta of the new chat in the future~

Hurleyisgod 02-12-2012 09:54 PM

omg please bring back ffradio. not many people knew about it in the old prochat cause it was a tiny little play button in the top right xD me, spit, subwuffy, etc always broadcasted to those who were interested

Zageron 02-12-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3636719)
really appreciate you not only reading the communities ideas, but also replying to them. excited to see a beta of the new chat in the future~

I think that the public deserves a conversation. :P (I am still going through the Suggestions that we got ages ago, there were a LOT!)
Please don't get too excited about an Alpha/Beta, I have no way of knowing how long it will be until I have the chat in a state for such a thing.

rushyrulz 02-12-2012 10:51 PM

chat shop +1