Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Perfect FFR (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121691)

Frederic54 12-21-2011 07:14 AM

The Perfect FFR

So yesterday, I was thinking about what would make for me this game close to perfection and came up with a few ideas.
So I'd like to know, what would you like to be added to the game so that it become perfect ?!
Just to remember, this is not a suggestion thread, you can post fancy ideas but try to make them at least realistic.

So here are mines :

- A 60 FPS version of the actual engine
- A raw scoring system instead of a combo based one
- And finally the possibility to change your username once every x years (3 for example so that you get your first one when becoming veteran)

That's pretty much it for me, Velocity solved everything else since FFR revival.

Emithith 12-21-2011 07:17 AM

Re: The Perfect FFR

Oh boy, there are so many, I just can't get them down.

A smoother engine
A remade engine
the ability for profiles to go over 2mb because some people actually like to **** around with them on here
A better community that is unified more than it is now (PEACE ON FFR BRAHS. </3)
Better site layout

ah **** it, I'll come back with more later.

XCV 12-21-2011 10:07 AM

I will worship whoever fixes combo scoring to my grave.

YoshL 12-21-2011 10:09 AM

i think username changes are a no go according to administration due to database issues.

~Zeta~ 12-21-2011 10:21 AM

Velo's engine is the remade engine. It's beautiful.
Also, Blackwebb.

Velo [I think] said something will be done about scoring. No date or details.

And yes, usernames can't be changed.

Emithith 12-21-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ (Post 3595218)
Also, Blackwebb.

That's not a remake, that's a remodel. I'm talking about scripting the whole system from the ground up and making sure that it works better for a game that belongs in the 2012, instead of a game that belongs in 2002. Seeing TS's engine made me think alot about how this game could be improved.

edit: @MrMagic, BlackWebb got chucked aside from what I've heard.

MrMagic5239 12-21-2011 10:24 AM

Black Webb is going to destroy ffr and make it into yet again, another shitty SM clone.

People just can't leave the well being of something successfull alone.

Frederic54 12-21-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3595206)
i think username changes are a no go according to administration due to database issues.

Yeah I know, but like I said, it's not a suggestion thread, those ideas are just what I would like to be added even tough it will most likely never happen.

Jerry DB 12-21-2011 12:00 PM

I personally like how it is although the engine is slow but that's what standalone is for

TheSaxRunner05 12-21-2011 01:51 PM

I still lag on the standalone when there's over 12 Nps or so =(

Netjet! 12-21-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ (Post 3595218)
Also, Blackwebb.

I don't know what's up with BlackWebb. Last I read on the forums from Zageron was that it was stopped :/

For scoring, we should really have two high score sets, one for combo and one for raw. Either that or just raw, because combo scoring is bad IMO :P

Usernames can be changed, but there are so many places the name is stored that it'd take a long time to even change one. That's what I think of it anyways :s

RuGuru 12-21-2011 01:56 PM

I think combo scoring shouldn't be in game the game period.

Zageron 12-21-2011 02:16 PM

Just because 'Blackwebb' was cancelled, doesn't mean we aren't working on stuff.
P.S. Christmas holidays, I'm relaxing.

star reaper 12-21-2011 02:20 PM

what would happen to overall ranking if combo was taken out?

Plan_Bsk81127 12-21-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 (Post 3595225)
Black Webb is going to destroy ffr and make it into yet again, another shitty SM clone.

indeed

The only suggestion I noticed in this thread that should be done is new site layout, think its time to look into a new one.

rushyrulz 12-21-2011 02:22 PM

I don't think the actual scores would change, it would just be the raw scores that mattered. And Velocity dismissed the idea of raw scoring being implemented to FFR as the main scoring system a few months back.

Hateandhatred 12-21-2011 02:36 PM

An FC should remain an FC no matter what. You shouldn't lose your FC in the FC bar because you derped in the death piano megatrill or at the end of legendary etude and hwad a better pa run.

If this is respected (because its kinda what motives the newcomers), Then Im all ok with raw scoring, even though the fact that combo scoring is there makes something different than SM (Im not sure about it, but I think SM is raw scoring)

Also here are a few minor things.

The ability to change the menu song at will would be really sweet.

When clicking on a song in the song genres, it would be cool to be able to listen to a preview (yep, like sm or ddr).

The ability to turn off backgrounds (if you're not willing to take off Synth songs, at least do this. And if anything, keep the important backgrounds, like party 4 u, marisa or reality hits you hard bro) should already be in game.

Itd be also great to be able to download replays.

Metal. Theres hardly any metal except one or two power metal songs. The rest of the "metal" stuff is more like hardcore subgenre, and there's late Children of Bodom material (please, tell me, why didn't you guys step their earlier stuff??) . Where is all the real thing? Oh and Yeah powerglove. But they apparently belong in the arcade genre.

I once made a list of those, so if I figure more stuff Ill add them to this thread.

rushyrulz 12-21-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3595432)

You can.

Hateandhatred 12-21-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3595436)
You can.

Roflmao how

Im on legacy engine, by the way.

Plan_Bsk81127 12-21-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3595432)
An FC should remain an FC no matter what. You shouldn't lose your FC in the FC bar because you derped in the death piano megatrill or at the end of legendary etude and hwad a better pa run.

If this is respected (because its kinda what motives the newcomers), Then Im all ok with raw scoring, even though the fact that combo scoring is there makes something different than SM (Im not sure about it, but I think SM is raw scoring)

Also here are a few minor things.

When clicking on a song in the song genres, it would be cool to be able to listen to a preview (yep, like sm or ddr).

The ability to turn off backgrounds (if you're not willing to take off Synth songs, at least do this. And if anything, keep the important backgrounds, like party 4 u, marisa or reality hits you hard bro) should already be in game.

Itd be also great to be able to download replays.

Metal. Theres hardly any metal except one or two power metal songs. The rest of the "metal" stuff is more like hardcore subgenre, and there's late Children of Bodom material (please, tell me, why didn't you guys step their earlier stuff??) . Where is all the real thing? Oh and Yeah powerglove. But they apparently belong in the arcade genre.

I once made a list of those, so if I figure more stuff Ill add them to this thread.

First two bold points you can do on velocitys engine, think there is a way to download the replay code but dont remember how.

As for the metal comment, its kind of hard to get people to submit these kinda of songs because either people complain that the song is too long and they dont want to have to play it since it took much work to get that score that are in dire need of and sit through a "horrible" song, or people just dont feel like taking the time to sync rock songs and such. I agree there needs to be more but there is not much you can really do about this one except suggest songs to step artists and have them submit it then hope it will make it past the judges. Pretty much any metal song that goes in game tends to not be liked by most people. I would like to see a lot more of like metal songs from like Rise Records and such, idc if people have to spend 4-5 mins to get a AAA, play the game for the music and worry less about your ranks for once. Metal or rock music is rarely seen released anymore just because people bitch about it not being their taste of music and how it kills them to have to play it. Not everything is going to be a song one likes so I dont see why people feel need to have a hissy fit when a screemo song or something is released.