Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pulsen (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121425)

bob bob 12-4-2011 04:12 AM

Pulsen

I was just browsing the interwebs this morning when I came across this game called Pulsen. If you don't know what it is (visit here http://pulsengame.com/) its basically a Stepmania rip-off with really easy charts, some changed graphics with some basic changes from the usual stepmania theme. Now, i wouldn't make this thread if i new it was free.....

EXCEPT ITS NOT(well sort of)
You can download the basic version for free, (but why, it has 4 songs rofl) but then you have to PAY for 30 more songs. (This is the current DLC) While it is only 3 here in the UK, its still a rip off as I could just go and download 10 sm packs which in total would have probably around 200-400 songs and I'd be getting these for free. Another thing it lacks over stepmania is a editor, which basically means to get anything out of this software, you would still have to use stepmania/DDReam, which defies the whole point of the product in the first place.

The only real innovation is couples charts but eh, I don't see who would play them.

If you want to see it, the Trailer is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s50wr8yZpMQ

So what do you guys think?

Choofers 12-4-2011 04:17 AM

Re: Pulsen, A new Stepmania Rip Off Game

like I said in vc

this is sm5 with a sleek theme

Tyson ultima 12-4-2011 04:21 AM

7 dollars for stepmania 5? Seems like a good purchase.

In before Step it up gets jelly

justin_ator 12-4-2011 04:24 AM

Looks meh. Not really that impressed.

Commented on the video though.

Tyson ultima 12-4-2011 04:30 AM

I think I fuccen died when i saw what looked like PSX cables lol'

Also you hear Aurora at the end. This shit has ITG Rebirth in it too lol

who_cares973 12-4-2011 04:31 AM

the up hold looks like a penis

Emithith 12-4-2011 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3583255)
the up hold looks like a penis

I was wondering who was gonna say this.
TECHNO PENIS FOR ERRRYBADY

Choofers 12-4-2011 05:19 AM

@notyourgoat The benefit here is you gain, what we consider, the best charts ever made and no work required to get them.
Saturn2888 1 month ago

Oops I commented on this.

Ziergdsx18 12-4-2011 05:31 AM

lol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson ultima (Post 3583254)
I think I fuccen died when i saw what looked like PSX cables lol'

Also you hear Aurora at the end. This shit has ITG Rebirth in it too lol

rofl also heard that, almost lost it gfkwrangrw

p.s liking those arcade tx-2000 panels

bob bob 12-4-2011 07:20 AM

best charts ever

LOL

dragon890x 12-4-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Much like an electronic whack-a-mole, in Pulsen you time each and every note by tapping a key or pressing a button.
The note skin is a major turn off.
Also, I don't want to be 'controlled' by having to purchase charts.

It seems like their project is money orientated more than anything else, and I don't see anything worth buying that I couldn't get for free (or that deserves money for that matter). Just a personal opinion though. I will acknowledge that they spent an amount of time coding, nothing more.

who_cares973 12-4-2011 08:03 AM

im going to charge 2(two) dollars for every one of my chart downloads

MarioNintendo 12-4-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3583285)
im going to charge 2(two) dollars for every one of my chart downloads

P($) = $, where $ is the price in dollars and P is the profit in dollar.

Step 1: Rise the price
Step 2: Profit!

Tyson ultima 12-4-2011 09:09 AM

WC you should totally make CD titles like theirs

NekoGon 12-4-2011 09:47 AM

LOL those cd titles

Reshiram 12-4-2011 10:17 AM

Awesome CDtitles

That's about it, the charts are worse than QED's and paying for a game "like a Stepmania" is more bullshit than Yaboy.

XxMidigamixX 12-4-2011 11:14 AM

Nothing beats Jewish DDR in terms of rip-off DDR games

who_cares973 12-4-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson ultima (Post 3583293)
WC you should totally make CD titles like theirs

mine would look cooler than that thought probably not coloured lol

fido123 12-4-2011 11:48 AM

If I could get the executable for this game I could verify if it was in fact built off of StepMania source code, which in that case would make it HIGHLY illigal, and I would enjoy sending them an e-mail with proof of findings pretending I'm going to sue them or some shit.

EDIT: Download is free. I guess they can charge if they want to. Still retarded as **** but not as retarded as that jewish one.

http://www.ddrstation.com/jeddrdaga.html $50...that's ****ed. I hope whoever owns SM sues their ass.

Wolfman2000 12-4-2011 12:41 PM

Re: Pulsen, A new Stepmania Game

A few things need to be clarified about Pulsen it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123
If I could get the executable for this game I could verify if it was in fact built off of StepMania source code, which in that case would make it HIGHLY illigal, and I would enjoy sending them an e-mail with proof of findings pretending I'm going to sue them or some shit.

I know this quote was edited originally, but I will still clarify. StepMania 5's engine is used, and that is an open source engine. The licensing for the engine allows for people to make derivative, closed source variations. The licensing also does not deal with the individual songs and charts themselves. Those can be charged money by however much a company wants. There is no legality issue here.

Furthermore, remember that not everyone can make music or charts for free all of the time. If anything, supporting the music artists and chart artists by paying for the DLC also helps support StepMania.

If there are any complaints about some of the features, it may be more productive to bring them up to the people that worked on the game directly instead of just bashing the people behind the game.

In the interest of full disclaimers, it should be noted that I am not only a developer for StepMania 5, but I also programmed some unique items for Pulsen and wrote a number of the charts.