Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121184)

bmah 11-15-2011 11:42 PM

FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Here we have it everyone! Discuss the files that tourney-goers are playing every week! For our first week, we have:

tightrope city
Musician: maki
Stepartist: Silvuh
Difficulty: 5
Genre: Ambient
Song Length: 2:27

Keep On Driving
Musician: Necro
Stepartist: DossarLX ODI
Difficulty: 6
Genre: Hip Hop
Song Length: 1:41

Glorious Morning
Musician: Waterflame
Stepartist: ichliebekase
Difficulty: 8
Genre: Symphonic March
Song Length: 1:47

Fall Silently
Musician: Ephixa Ft Veela
Stepartist: DossarLX ODI
Difficulty: 10
Genre: Dubstyle
Song Length: 2:16

Ambient Angels
Musician: Gammer
Stepartist: _.Spitfire._
Difficulty: 10
Genre: Freeform Hardcore
Song Length: 1:59

The Rapids
Musician: Fighter X
Stepartist: Ziergdsx18
Difficulty: 11
Genre: 8-bit NRG
Song Length: 2:09

Have fun and discuss!

ichliebekase 11-15-2011 11:47 PM

Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Week 1

May want to correct the difficulty of Glorious Morning on your post, it's an 8 ;]

I also like how you defined what genre it is, I couldn't really place a good title to it myself.

ic0slay3r 11-15-2011 11:50 PM

D4 songs sucks :>

Also that song is not a 9.

hi19hi19 11-15-2011 11:50 PM

Fall Silently is a low 10, no question. If you think it's a 9, bite me, I can AAA the apparently "hardest 9" but no where close to an AAA on this yet.

D6's file is ****ing amazing, huge props Zierg

Kidney Stone 11-15-2011 11:52 PM

D3 song is awesome in my opinion. Ichliebekase did a good job stepping it.

Added to the fact i was addicted to this song all the time when i was going through my Age of War phase lol

DossarLX ODI 11-15-2011 11:59 PM

You should arrange it so Ambient Angels comes before The Rapids. That way it goes from D1 to D6

igotrhythm 11-16-2011 12:00 AM

The jacks in the last part of Fall Silently are rage-inducing to PA...have it down to 5 clean now, should be enough. I approve of the Velo-rage posted in the other thread, though. Made me cackle.

FFRGreen 11-16-2011 12:02 AM

For D3's song you just need to pass the rolls and the rest is easy. So far I think the tournament is going great.

bmah 11-16-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3569616)
You should arrange it so Ambient Angels comes before The Rapids. That way it goes from D1 to D6

I swear I did that...don't know what the hell went wrong.

One Winged Angel 11-16-2011 12:09 AM

Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

bmah your avi omfg xD

p.s. all very sick files but yeah, everyone already knew that
haven't played D1-D3 yet though oops

PrawnSkunk 11-16-2011 12:09 AM

D2. I knew the stepartist without even looking by the song choice. mmm

rsr2 11-16-2011 12:10 AM

Yeah that avi is awesome!

I really do like D3's song though. It's fun ^ _ ^

Choofers 11-16-2011 12:11 AM

Ambient Angels is fun as shit, especially the jumpstream.

Haven't played any of the other files yet, but I will once I AAA D5 song (:<

Ziergdsx18 11-16-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 (Post 3569620)
^Totally ****ing this.

I just played both D5 and D4's song - Fall Silently is NOT a 9 lmao.

Both files were really fun btw, props to spit and doss. brb playing the other 3

^from the other thread

p.s saw the other 3 files. amazing files to kickstart the tournament

~Zeta~ 11-16-2011 12:12 AM

Liked Ambient Angels. It's extremely borderline if not for sure a FMO.

Rapids is nice.

Zon Fire 11-16-2011 12:14 AM

In before system doctor

Wineandbread 11-16-2011 12:16 AM

Initially I also thought that Fall Silently should be a 10

But I think 9 is perfectly reasonable now. The 1st half of the song is plenty Challenging material; it's only at the climax where it start behaving like a 10, and it's a small segment of the song.The 2nd half of the song is difficult to PA, sure, but easy enough to combo well. The slowness of the 2nd half is enough to keep it at a 9 regardless of the funky/awkward patterns I think. You can still make arguments for a low 10 though and it would still be fine.

One Winged Angel 11-16-2011 12:16 AM

and yeah, Ambient is borderline but should be an 11, but I think Fall Silently is clearly a mid-10, nowhere near the border

that [14] [23] trill and all dem jacks with coloured notes scattered about...not 9 material imo

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-16-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic0slay3r (Post 3569598)
D4 songs sucks :> Also that song is not a 9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3569599)
Fall Silently is a low 10, no question. If you think it's a 9, bite me, I can AAA the apparently "hardest 9" but no where close to an AAA on this yet.

Rarely do I join in the disagreements on tourney songs - being one of the hosts that tends to pick cruel charts myself.

But I really have to make an exception. Here's why.

Glorious Morning (D3 chart) has a lot of stupid mistakes in it - be it the judge(s) fault, modifying it for the sake of the tourney (for the love of god never do this please, you get good charts that are turned to garbage - see broken arrow from custom 6 if you want proof of this. (Sorry hi19)) or kase's I don't know (I suspect the artist's fault for the record) I feel as if you did this chart some misjustice.

Biggest complaint: Why are there no trills where there should be trills on those snares. Like seriously. Come the **** on you know better than that. This isn't stepwars where stepping something wrong but doing the least badly gets the chart in engine. (Apologies if this comes off as extremely harsh but there's very unseen potential in this chart and it saddens me to see it wasted.)

Fall Silently (D4's chart) is absolutely horrific. Let me explain why.

1. I understand this chart is EXTREMELY technical. I dig the use of the 19nds on the vocals. Very clever and feels unDossarlike. Props man.

2. The seconds half of this chart is just bad Seriously what the hell is up with it. It makes no sense why the patterns you chose are there. (Not the 12th jack stuff the odd little jump trilly color gay shit at the end.) TL:DR I think you call it using anchors Dossar, but it seems like you used them like all hell. Pardon me if my use of the term is wrong.

3. This chart is not a 9. I don't know who said it was, but I will say they made an obnoxiously prevalent error in judgement.

4. I'm honestly kinda flabbergasted this chart even got through judging. Not to say the right ideas aren't here, but I feel as if the execution is terrible. The intro little hi hat stepping stuff changes around for no reason other than to keep you from being bored. This is a technical chart for hell's sake. Do it right. It feels wrong you did that. :monkey:

Sorry if it seems like I'm just being angry and deathly critical, but if the rest of the D4 charts are misrated cluster ****s, this is going to be more like doing chores rather than competing. I'd rather compete.

TL;DR You guys are [honestly] gonna say I'm talking out my ass. So ignore everything. I'm Middie remember.

YoshL 11-16-2011 12:20 AM

h8n on D4 file.

I hate it too sooo...