Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120424)

BBoyGNF 09-14-2011 09:26 AM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Since I started that Blops thread last year I feel that I should start one for Activision's next big payday.

Any and all discussion about Modern Warfare 3 is welcome.

LJRoX 09-14-2011 09:43 AM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

I don't have any hype for this game. I only want to play this game for the single player.
I wanna kill whatshisface. Makarov?

welsh_girl 09-14-2011 03:40 PM

I'm off to GAMEfest Saturday and Sunday, gonna be able to play this game (and BF3, too, cannot wait to see the FanBoys there)

So hopefully will get an idea of what's coming, looking forward to Spec Ops, though, not gonna lie. Looks pretty beastly.

yo man im awesome 09-14-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJRoX (Post 3536387)
I don't have any hype for this game. I only want to play this game for the single player.
I wanna kill whatshisface. Makarov?

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh_girl (Post 3536476)
I'm off to GAMEfest Saturday and Sunday, gonna be able to play this game (and BF3, too, cannot wait to see the FanBoys there)

So hopefully will get an idea of what's coming, looking forward to Spec Ops, though, not gonna lie. Looks pretty beastly.

Those are the main reasons I get Call of Duty games. I don't see what problems people have with campaigns, other than length. All of my problems come from Multiplayer. I had a chance at liking Black Ops, but then I saw the multiplayer. I became very sad. I saw Zombies, I cried and ragequit forever.

.Rarity 09-15-2011 02:47 AM

I dunno, for me I actually very much enjoyed zombie mode... Hell, it was really the main reason why I even brought Blops, but that's beside the point.

I've never seen some of the recent updates of MW3 but if for any reason that I'm gonna get this game is for trollin those kids when I come across them. And who plays the game for single player?

welsh_girl 09-15-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Rarity (Post 3536831)
And who plays the game for single player?

Me lol. I've always had a rule with CoD/BF and FPS in general, and that's I must complete single player before I waste my life on Multi.
Was never actually able to apply this rule to BLOPS because single player forever glitched and froze on me.

Emo_Saur_ 09-15-2011 10:31 AM

I pre-ordered my hardend edition for 30$ with all the stuff I traded in. I'm rather excited to be honest, I hate black ops.

ninjaKIWI 09-15-2011 02:22 PM

Looks like yet another reskinned misc CoD game.

Poison- 09-15-2011 02:27 PM

This game better be good or I'm never buying another Call of Duty again.

Kibblre 09-15-2011 02:30 PM

Yeah, I can't wait for BF3.

Poison- 09-15-2011 02:32 PM

I'll never buy a BF game.

ninjaKIWI 09-15-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3536944)
I'll never buy a BF game.

The type of gameplay BF3 offers is pretty different compared to the CoD games, they're not entirely comparable. It's all subjective. BF3 is a fantastic game, though, IMO. I played in the Alpha.

Oni-Paranoia 09-15-2011 03:04 PM

The hype for BF3 is bigger right now than COD, but that may be because BF has 5 days left, COD has a whole month and a half.

P.s. Midnight release again (COD, don't play BF), with my girl carrying the prestige box equals some interesting comments from the hundreds of players waiting to get their copy. :twisted:

Poison- 09-15-2011 03:12 PM

I'm sorry but if anyone honestly believes that BF3 is going to outsell MW3 they need a reality check. It's not going to happen.

ninjaKIWI 09-15-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3536953)
I'm sorry but if anyone honestly believes that BF3 is going to outsell MW3 they need a reality check. It's not going to happen.

Nobody mentioned anything about sales. The CoD fanbase is way too huge, not to mention that BF3 caters to the PC far more than the console.

Poison- 09-15-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3536954)
Nobody mentioned anything about sales. The CoD fanbase is way too huge, not to mention that BF3 caters to the PC far more than the console.

I know nobody mentioned it, I was just saying it before someone else did. I like CoD, but I honestly don't understand why the fanbase is so big. I'm more of a Halo player I guess...

Kibblre 09-15-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

It's not. Every 14 year old will get their mother to buy MW3 for them. Battlefield, like said above, is more catered to PC gamers, although I will be buying it on Xbox.

EDIT: To be honest, I think Battlefield is a much more intense and pleasing experience. I played CoD since 2 and up until MW2. That's when I discovered Battlefield. I haven't gone back since.

Oni-Paranoia 09-15-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Not a chance. But COD is losing its luster. Black ops was way more hype than it was worth and MW3, well after the IW catastrophe things are just really bleh.

I don't think MW3 will outsell Black Ops opening night, but it will outsell BF overall, in every department.

BBoyGNF 09-15-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Rarity (Post 3536831)
I've never seen some of the recent updates of MW3

Two weeks ago Call of Duty XP had a presentation about all the new features. You can watch the whole thing on CALLOFDUTY's youtube channel, or we can quit comparing Battlefield 3 and talk about these features.

No offense to BF3 fans, just not the idea behind this thread. I wouldn't mind playing it for vehicles and destructive environments, but it doesn't deliver the infantry scale warfare that I enjoy from Call of Duty.

Kibblre 09-15-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBoyGNF (Post 3536965)
infantry scale warfare

Eh, you're right. BF3 doesn't have Marathon pro and knives that make you lunge 10 feet.