Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RIFT players (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117589)

Corroded 02-24-2011 07:49 AM

RIFT players

Hello!

A couple of days ago I bought the C.E. and today the head start starts; So I was wondering if there's any other players out there who play RIFT? I mean, the main thing about an MMO is its community; And what better way to start of the game than by finding a player / group of players to start off with?

So, if you're a RIFT player, let us know you exist!

thechild 02-25-2011 01:29 AM

Re: RIFT players

I cancelled my pre-order. I played the final open beta and enjoyed it, but during the break in between the beta and head start date, I thought about it and changed my mind knowing I'd just go back to WoW.

vpr0721 03-11-2011 09:15 PM

Hey! I've been playing with some IRL friends its pretty awesome. In the best guild on the server. The game is really really graphics and cpu intensive and beautiful. Anyone else???? Currently lvl 27 ish

Server - Arcanis
Faction - Defiant
IGN - Neromix

Mr.Nothing 03-11-2011 10:15 PM

IB4 WoW Clone name drop

AsphyxZero 03-11-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 3433290)
IB4 WoW Clone name drop

Essentially what it is.

Calcium Deposit 03-11-2011 11:21 PM

I don't get why people play WoW, it's just a random number generator with a graphical overlay.

Here's a popular WoW-style MMORPG with similar gaming style and breathtaking PVP action

http://progressquest.com/
I can't believe it's free!

basicdrummerman 03-11-2011 11:23 PM

eh im lookin into getting it, but idk. feels like its going to just be a bunch of tedium.

fido123 03-12-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit (Post 3433319)
I don't know what I'm talking about

It shows :3

But yeah this is just a WoW ripoff, looks pretty good though. I would play it but I'm just going to stick to WoW since I don't have time to level up another character.

Brycexx 03-12-2011 12:36 PM

played for a while but started getting really boring after a while. so ill be waiting for guild wars 2 and the secret world.

AsphyxZero 03-12-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit (Post 3433319)
I don't get why people play WoW, it's just a random number generator with a graphical overlay.

Because it's not just a "random number generator with a graphical overlay." It's a good escape from reality, especially since there's a ton of shit you can do. If you want to PvP, there are servers that are world and battleground PvP. If you want a normal MMO experience, there are PvE servers. If you want to RP (oops I do), there are RP servers where the people are completely in-character all the time.

Crashfan3 03-12-2011 03:37 PM

Downloaded beta and couldn't get the damn thing to run.

iamdisappoint.jpg

Calcium Deposit 03-12-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsphyxZero (Post 3433498)
Because it's not just a "random number generator with a graphical overlay." It's a good escape from reality, especially since there's a ton of shit you can do. If you want to PvP, there are servers that are world and battleground PvP. If you want a normal MMO experience, there are PvE servers. If you want to RP (oops I do), there are RP servers where the people are completely in-character all the time.

In WoW, you push a button and random numbers start popping up.
I can do that with my pocket calculator.
I'd be a little more impressed if the game required a bit more of a technique to fighting mobs/players.

And fido, just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. WoW is based off of Dungeons and Dragons which is built around the casting of the die. The only difference is WoW replaced dice with a digital RNG.

"I am a super skilled marksman shooting his bow at a pig 3 feet away!"
/Rolls a 2/
"GADZOOKS! I missed!"

AsphyxZero 03-12-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit (Post 3433791)
WoW is based off of Dungeons and Dragons which is built around the casting of the die. The only difference is WoW replaced dice with a digital RNG.

Have you even played Dungeons and Dragons?

zolaric 03-12-2011 09:24 PM

That's funny, I played Dungeons and Dragons Online and WoW, and those two are just about the most dissimilar MMORPGs I've played to date.

Brycexx 03-12-2011 09:31 PM

i think wow got its roots from the original everquest not dungeons and dragons

vpr0721 03-14-2011 02:55 AM

Anyone else play~

Izzy 03-14-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

I'd be a little more impressed if the game required a bit more of a technique to fighting mobs/players.

And fido, just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. WoW is based off of Dungeons and Dragons which is built around the casting of the die. The only difference is WoW replaced dice with a digital RNG.

/Rolls a 2/
"GADZOOKS! I missed!"

I'm sorry but you really have no idea what you are talking about.

fido123 03-14-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

/Rolls a 2/
"GADZOOKS! I missed!"

You don't know what you're talking about because your're completely wrong. WoW is not a random number generator. WoW's story was inspired by DnD, but it's mechanics aren't based off it. It's not based off any "roll of the die" or anything like that. There are chances of hitting a target and chances of landing a critical strike the on a target which I guess is "rolling a die", but the game is more than "Oh crap I missed" or "Yay I crit". It's not "built" around this concept, as obviously it then wouldn't be very exciting. Stop trying to justify your point up with such narrow opinions that hardly take anything into account. If you don't like a game so be it but other's obviously do for a reason.

Izzy 03-14-2011 07:58 AM

In a 3D world where you can walk anywhere and move in any direction and have use of 50+ different abilities that utilize 100's of variables it is nowhere close to rolling a dice. There are near infinite number of possible outcomes and it takes a skillful player to direct these possibilities to wanted outcome.

bob_x 03-14-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

/Rolls a 2/
"GADZOOKS! I missed!"

He is implying he got gladiator every season because it is that easy. Not only this but he solo'd all raid content because the bosses couldn't roll hits on him with their dice.