Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Baccano! thread? Baccano! thread. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117120)

Mechablob 01-23-2011 07:12 AM

Baccano! thread? Baccano! thread.

ITT: we discuss, share our views on this series or appreciate it. :)

I recently bought this series and absolutely adored it. The characters were enjoyable; the series was humorous; it was violent; intelligent; the dubbing was genuinely impressive (which tends to be rare with anime series, I find); verging on eccentric in areas and it merged interesting and cool aesthetics effectively, in my opinion.

I'm making this thread out of curiosity, really: I'm wondering what other members of FFR thought of this series - so yeah, what did you guys think of this series? :)

Isaac and Miria are brilliant. :D

NixXSkate 01-23-2011 07:19 AM

Re: Baccano! thread? Baccano! thread.

I despised episode 1, but as the episodes progressed, I gradually liked it more and more until it was one of my favorites. Awesome setting, great opening, and awesome cast of characters. I felt a strong attachment to the characters when the anime was done.

blade_anime 01-23-2011 10:45 PM

I REALLY have to finish this series. And I love how they make an huge reference to it in Durarara. Which I also have to finish. Along with Eureka Seven, HSOTD, SGT Frog, Lucky Star.....

Mechablob 01-24-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade_anime (Post 3403348)
I REALLY have to finish this series. And I love how they make an huge reference to it in Durarara. Which I also have to finish. Along with Eureka Seven, HSOTD, SGT Frog, Lucky Star.....

haha, hopefully they'll get finished sooner rather than later :D I tend to watch one series then continue with whatever I have available.

SgtFish 01-26-2011 02:16 PM

I really like your avatar :3

I also really liked Baccano. It was very Tarentino, but with more of a fantasy twist.
The train scene where the many of the characters gather together is by far the best scene in the show.
Also, I really hated the name of that train.

MrGiggles 01-26-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechablob (Post 3402792)
so yeah, what did you guys think of this series? :)

I think this show was so awesome it actually made my penis longer

Although the speedsubs + timewarping made the plot almost incomprehensible to me the first time through.

Mechablob 02-14-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3405842)
incomprehensible to me the first time through.

I had to agree with you there. When I first bought the series and was shown with the first episode, I was contemplating the possibility of wasting my money on this. I loved it, though. The ending to the whole series was fantastic too, even though it didn't tie up any loose ends. The whole concept was fantastic. :D