FlashFlashRevolution

FlashFlashRevolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs/Permissions Subforum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [OPEN for March/April] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

justin_ator 02-13-2011 01:23 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Halogen, I wasn't referring to that.

Think about it...your set of songs you're judging...

ichliebekase 02-13-2011 01:35 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
I'm thinking qqwref might be tired of seeing -Glorious Morning- by now, considering that he's had my file for EVERY batch I have sent it to. Thought that was kind of funny.

But wow, judge team 2 seems to be on the pretty damn strict side..

TC_Cyrenics 02-13-2011 01:39 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Pehehe, great team to land my two files in.

Sim artist title here I come. :-D

aperson 02-13-2011 02:22 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3416580)
Can people be banned from judging if they give files bad ratings just because they don't like the song?

(im serious)

No but people should be railed on for bad song choice more bc some things just aint steppable

qqwref 02-13-2011 02:52 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 3416603)
No but people should be railed on for bad song choice more bc some things just aint steppable

Yeah, *some* things aren't steppable. But people generally don't even try to step stuff like that, unless it's as a joke. I'm talking about decent files, on music that some people really enjoy, that are being given one or more bad ratings just because of the song or type of chart (js files for instance - if anyone hasn't noticed, there are like 5 good difficult ones in the entire game). With the current system, one bad rating can literally destroy a file's chances at being accepted... and sometimes that one judge is the type who will just say "not feeling it [?]". Good luck fixing those problems with your chart! Hope you don't get discouraged about the system!

Here's the thing: this is FFR, not some personal pack that's being made for a little Stepmania community. We have 1.7 million users, of which a few thousand will play most songs. I don't care what types of music are submitted because there will be a lot of people who like almost anything. Some people might not like complex noisy songs, or synthesized electronic music, or slow rock songs, or chiptune. But a good file from any of those genres will make quite a few people happy - and I think that's far more important than any one person's opinion.

rushyrulz 02-13-2011 03:06 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
I agree with w_c and qqwref.

Last batch a certain someone (not me) got [++, +, +, ?] and didn't make the queue because one certain judge gave it a "?" for no apparent reason listed in their batch notes.

It confuses me and kinda pisses me off when one judge gives a file a ++ and another gives it a ? in the same batch.

EDIT: Cool, post 666.

Niala 02-13-2011 03:08 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3416607)
Yeah, *some* things aren't steppable. But people generally don't even try to step stuff like that, unless it's as a joke. I'm talking about decent files, on music that some people really enjoy, that are being given one or more bad ratings just because of the song or type of chart (js files for instance - if anyone hasn't noticed, there are like 5 good difficult ones in the entire game). With the current system, one bad rating can literally destroy a file's chances at being accepted... and sometimes that one judge is the type who will just say "not feeling it [?]". Good luck fixing those problems with your chart! Hope you don't get discouraged about the system!

Here's the thing: this is FFR, not some personal pack that's being made for a little Stepmania community. We have 1.7 million users, of which a few thousand will play most songs. I don't care what types of music are submitted because there will be a lot of people who like almost anything. Some people might not like complex noisy songs, or synthesized electronic music, or slow rock songs, or chiptune. But a good file from any of those genres will make quite a few people happy - and I think that's far more important than any one person's opinion.

Nomina Nuda Tenemus.
If you're gonna screen based on music don't let shit like that into the game.
Otherwise don't bother screening.
'Nuff said.

leonid 02-13-2011 03:09 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Nomina Nuda Tenemus is a great song wtf

championanwar 02-13-2011 03:20 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Quote:

general talk in this thread
I hear chopping but I don't hear digging.

qqwref 02-13-2011 03:25 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3416618)
It confuses me and kinda pisses me off when one judge gives a file a ++ and another gives it a ? in the same batch.

Or when one judge says a file has good patterns and another says it has bad patterns. But what can you do (except always throw out the worst rating)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3416619)
Nomina Nuda Tenemus.
If you're gonna screen based on music don't let shit like that into the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3416620)
Nomina Nuda Tenemus is a great song wtf

Game, set, and match. :twisted: (For the record, I like NNT.)

who_cares973 02-13-2011 03:30 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
im just tired of seeing horrible files for noise(terminal 11)

make horrible files for actual songs people

Niala 02-13-2011 03:31 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Honestly NNT I can't play with the sound on or I'll quit out. I can't physically listen to the intro to that song because I find it disturbing and makes me feel sick.

championanwar 02-13-2011 03:38 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Bong Ra is awesome. . .

justin_ator 02-13-2011 05:20 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
I like NNT. And Terminal 11. >.>
I agree though, the files should be creative and fun...we don't need excessive amounts of dumps in FFR.

TC_Halogen 02-13-2011 05:21 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
Breaking News: Halogen isn't going to finish this batch on the first day

!!!!!

Gundam-Dude 02-13-2011 06:03 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
same

MarioNintendo 02-13-2011 06:04 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
I don't have a great feeling about my acceptance chances for this batch T_T Please, though, judges, try to go in the same direction as much as possible with your grades.

who_cares973 02-13-2011 07:08 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
i was planning to finish judging today but once i started i didnt feel like doing it all at once

buizel8888 02-13-2011 07:25 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
I'm going to take my sweet time with this batch. Will still prolly been done by the end of the week, but yeah.


Just remember, this batch is revenge of the otter. Prepare to be butthurt B)

Patashu 02-13-2011 08:24 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2
 
I'm not going to judge until after super meat boy pack is released if anyone's worried about me


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution