Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Learning How To Spread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114800)

D!LL 10-23-2010 12:17 PM

Learning How To Spread

So after 6+ years of playing pad and inded... I'm trying to teach myself spread.... and it sssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssssssssss

Anyone having the same issue? Any pointers from anyone who has gone through the same thing?
Feel free to complain here. Because it sucks... It's worse then when I went from ITG to PIU... :/

PrawnSkunk 10-23-2010 12:18 PM

Re: Learning How To Spread

L2P

xealix 10-23-2010 12:19 PM

I would have to agree with you on that one. Practice makes perfect though.

D!LL 10-23-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prawnskunk (Post 3321158)
l2p

oh shi- thanks!

What was i thinking! Lol

rushyrulz 10-23-2010 12:28 PM

When I switched from 1 hand to spread, I was better than I was before in a week or two. I assume you'll be much better at spread after you've given it some hard effort/time. If you've been playing the game for that long, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with the hardest part of timing, but the real challenge will be learning how to to running men with spread. :P but hey, one hard pattern to replace like 4 with index? I'd take it.

xealix 10-23-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3321173)
When I switched from 1 hand to spread, I was better than I was before in a week or two. I assume you'll be much better at spread after you've given it some hard effort/time.

This is what i have heard. If you stick with it the muscles in your secondary finger for each hand needs time to build muscle. After that you gain your speed back for trills and such. I have not given it to much practice but i have noticed an improvement after playing this way for an extended period of time.

wargasm1 10-23-2010 12:34 PM

i had to go from pad index to spread too when i changed keyboard. For the first week i swear my scores suck so much, then i started getting used to it and i realized i did trills better and some stuff was easier.

My point is spread owns and everyone need to play spread.

D!LL 10-23-2010 12:35 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH IMMA PUNCH A BABY! -- Time and effort. Got it... *SIGH*

Jtehanonymous 10-23-2010 01:23 PM

I played index for a really long time before switching to spread. I was very bad for a while but then started improving out of nowhere.

It is worth it in the end if you stick to spread, so just keep that in mind if you start to get frustrated.

Kibblre 10-23-2010 01:51 PM

I started off being a really good index player at my time (Quasar at 1.4x with 5 goods) and decided it was time for me to learn spread so I can keep up with the new charts that were being released. I can't even describe how bad I was, but after about half a year, I was able to play spread quite nicely.

Just keep trying at it, it will take a while for your coordination to switch to spread.

Jakkan 10-23-2010 02:22 PM

I just want to make sure I know:

Index is the arrows, and spread is config's like QWOP, right?

Psychotik 10-23-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous (Post 3321207)
I played index for a really long time before switching to spread. I was very bad for a while but then started improving out of nowhere.

It is worth it in the end if you stick to spread, so just keep that in mind if you start to get frustrated.

100% This.

PriestREA 10-23-2010 02:59 PM

Spread definitely takes time to get used to. I used to be a primarily index player, don't get me wrong, I still love index, but spread allows you to adapt to the new charts. The only problem I had with the switch were trills. Quick streams of notes are easier, as well as massive jump-streams.

who_cares973 10-23-2010 03:11 PM

Put the butter on a butter knife. This may seem easy, but when you scoop it, scrape it against the inside edge of the container to get this angle. Also, unless the waffle is hot, it'll be easier to leave the butter to melt for a while first, to make it soft.

Gently spread butter with the smooth part of the butter facing down.

Add anything else you want (extra toppings, sprinkles, a "side dish", more butter) and enjoy! You may want to mix the butter and syrup together with your fork.

psychoangel691 10-23-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakkan (Post 3321246)
I just want to make sure I know:

Index is the arrows, and spread is config's like QWOP, right?

Index is using only your index fingers most people play it on the arrows some people will play index on another setup.

I hated spread when I 1st started playing it but after about a week it gets pretty comfortable and I started getting scores that I never thought I could. That's all it really is just time to get used to it once you are you should improve quickly

xealix 10-23-2010 03:46 PM

It is just really frustrating when you can't even full combo things that were to to FC before. I can understand why some people can't stick with it long enough to do well.

Frozen Beat 10-23-2010 03:53 PM

Bottom line:

Do spread, get better than you ever thought you could cuz 1 hand players are garbage woot woot

iironiic 10-23-2010 03:57 PM

Lol when I first started playing FFR, I played with four fingers lol. My hands were too close, and that's when I spread them out on the keyboard.

True story.

D!LL 10-23-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Beat (Post 3321323)
Bottom line:

Do spread, get better than you ever thought you could cuz 1 hand players are garbage woot woot

I don't play one hand dumbface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3321288)
Put the butter on a butter knife. This may seem easy, but when you scoop it, scrape it against the inside edge of the container to get this angle. Also, unless the waffle is hot, it'll be easier to leave the butter to melt for a while first, to make it soft.

Gently spread butter with the smooth part of the butter facing down.

Add anything else you want (extra toppings, sprinkles, a "side dish", more butter) and enjoy! You may want to mix the butter and syrup together with your fork.

Best post in this thread by the way.

- - - - - - - -

I'm about as good as an index player can get. I can SDG songs like {BLAZE} and I think i've FC'd vBeta.

I just need to learn spread because I literally CAN'T FC songs with retarded amounts of doubles and such... It's just going to be a pain in the ass.

So far i've gotten pretty comfy with bn./ in terms of a spread layout.

I think I like my hands close together, much easier than having them too spread apart.

Think that's because i've been playing index so long?

AsphyxZero 10-23-2010 04:23 PM

Once you figure out spread, play solo on stepmania. ;D