Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   new version? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114575)

TheSaxRunner05 10-16-2010 11:09 PM

new version?

The game worked ten minutes ago, and now the version and layout changed, and none of the arrows work, and the speed modifiers are off. This is odd?

chidori! 10-16-2010 11:10 PM

Re: new version?

looks like the beta ver

OneHandNow 10-16-2010 11:15 PM

it is the beta. they removed the subscriber payments so i'm assuming they are making the beta engine public to everyone now.

diamenicus1 10-16-2010 11:17 PM

then why arnt the arrows working

Zageron 10-16-2010 11:18 PM

They should be...

BETA is amazing, except it lags more than the old version. :[

OneHandNow 10-16-2010 11:18 PM

they're working just fine for me..

TC_Halogen 10-16-2010 11:19 PM

The game has been working on and off for certain people. Be patient.

Cool that they uploaded LD's engine - I hope they leave the older engine available for use as well for those who have lower end computers.

wargasm1 10-16-2010 11:23 PM

My aaa on xp sounds didnt record and now ffr wont load. Ahwell, i can aaa xp sounds anytime lol.

TwilightPrincess 10-16-2010 11:24 PM

You need to go into your options and set your keys again, and for the speedmod, enter whatever mod (e.g. 1.50, 1.75, 2) and click the button beside it to set your speedmod. You should be set from there.

wargasm1 10-16-2010 11:25 PM

any chance for mp tonight or i can get drunk?

NSane 10-16-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3313124)
The game has been working on and off for certain people. Be patient.

Cool that they uploaded LD's engine - I hope they leave the older engine available for use as well for those who have lower end computers.

Well to be more precise it is the one that I was working on while FFR had downtime. The difference is this one has much less bugs than the previous one that was available for play. I fixed up some other issues with it as well.

Zageron 10-16-2010 11:28 PM

One improvement in the game itself, if the ability to actually play it on HQ. I can not play this game on HQ, in 32bit colour, even on the most powerful machine I've run into. Which was dual GTX285 with a core i7 and 8gb of ram, running chrome... :|

It's probably an over powering amount of things running in the background while the game is being played. I'm not sure if the programming of the game can be improved or something, but it just lags. If it's in HQ...

OneHandNow 10-16-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wargasm1 (Post 3313129)

Get drunk, then come back and see if MP is up.

If MP is up - play drunk :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3313131)
One improvement in the game itself, if the ability to actually play it on HQ. I can not play this game on HQ, in 32bit colour, even on the most powerful machine I've run into. Which was dual GTX285 with a core i7 and 8gb of ram, running chrome... :|

Use Firefox for FFR. ): I've tried using Chrome for FFR = uber lag..

aperson 10-16-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wargasm1 (Post 3313129)

Flip a coin

if it lands on a side, get drunk.

wargasm1 10-16-2010 11:35 PM

ima get drunk, if mp gets on ima have to lose a few games.

Zageron 10-16-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3313132)
Use Firefox for FFR. ): I've tried using Chrome for FFR = uber lag..

At first I was like "lol u", then I was like "hmmm", then I was like "nope, then I was all "lets disable every single extension", then I was like "wow", then I was all "lets change colour back to 32bit", then I was all "WTF?", then it was all "ima lag now", then I was like "interesting".

Erm... So stand alone player is slower than firefox..., but faster than chrome... wut?

Conclusion: Flash sucks?

Edit: WAIT HOLD UP. I just played again in the stand alone player and did not get an inch of lag, on full quality at 32 bit... what the hell? (Cold Breath)

(I think it might be song specific)

i love you 10-16-2010 11:50 PM

That's strange...

I don't think it has anything to do with it being song specific. That makes no sense at all. Might have something to do with FFR using an ancient flash code that doesn't support newer flash players.

Zageron 10-16-2010 11:51 PM

No there are some songs that definitely lag more than others.
I've gone through two songs now, without a spot of lag... When maybe 20 minutes ago, I could not play at all because of the lag.

i love you 10-17-2010 12:03 AM

I've never noticed this but if that's the case then it might have something to do with either the length of the song or that the file you played was a really old file. Not sure if this will work but try refreshing your cache and reload a song that you were lagging on before and see if you still lag.

Also, if you still lag then i have came to a conclusion that flash code in the FFR engine sucks.

aperson 10-17-2010 12:06 AM

flash sucks*