Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Songs load, don't play (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114417)

Shock3nAw 10-11-2010 09:21 AM

Songs load, don't play

I just hopped back on FFR, and much to my dismay I can start the game, edit my in-game preferences,etc., but once I actually load a song and start to play, no audio starts and no notes come down.

I ran into this problem at a friend's house, and on my own laptop. It's been tested on firefox and chrome.

TC_Halogen 10-11-2010 09:25 AM

Re: Songs load, don't play

Tested a song on the public and beta with no issues - try clearing your cache? If you don't know how, see this thread for instructions. If that doesn't work, make sure you're using the latest version of Flash player (since you mentioned that you have Firefox, the new process "plugin-container.exe" might be causing issues since it's a fairly new addition).

Afrobean 10-11-2010 09:30 AM

I had the same problem when I tried running the game on my Droid. I figured it was just because I was trying to play on a ****ing phone, but it's nice to hear others are having similar problems. Song starts just fine on my laptop though.

Shock3nAw 10-11-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3308269)
Tested a song on the public and beta with no issues - try clearing your cache? If you don't know how, see this thread for instructions. If that doesn't work, make sure you're using the latest version of Flash player (since you mentioned that you have Firefox, the new process "plugin-container.exe" might be causing issues since it's a fairly new addition).

I had already tried clearing my cache among various other things before I posted here, just figured I couldn't be the ONLY one having difficulties.

I'll boot into Windows later and give it a shot with internet explorer (yuck).

I'd rather not be limited by which partition I boot into, so I'm going to keep trying to get chrome/firefox to play nice. I'll post back here with any progress that I make.

Superfreak04 10-11-2010 10:16 AM

This happens to me sometimes. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't, just luck haha.

Psychotik 10-11-2010 10:45 AM

I've seen this problem with Opera, but Firefox plays fine.

Salacious 10-11-2010 12:08 PM

I'm having this problem too, with Firefox. Clearing the cache hasn't worked.

Can't upload an avatar either. ;~;

TC_Halogen 10-11-2010 12:27 PM

The avatars not loading has been a problem since the site has come up. Give it a little bit of time.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the game though.

Salacious 10-11-2010 12:33 PM

Yeah, this kinda sucks. Can't play on IE, Firefox, or Opera.

Izzy 10-11-2010 03:07 PM

When I tried playing it on ubuntu there was no music or notes after loading but it works on windows.

5.points 10-11-2010 03:20 PM

i just played a game. it played fine but didn't load the score.

E-Hooker 10-11-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3308488)
When I tried playing it on ubuntu there was no music or notes after loading but it works on windows.

What browser were you using on Windows by any chance?
I'm having the problem on Windows.

TwilightPrincess 10-11-2010 06:03 PM

I've noticed some problems here as well. When I load a song, it immediately loads to 100 percent, goes to a black screen, and then cuts as if I've completed the song.

My browser is Firefox 3.6.10 on Windows XP Pro SP3.

Silver_Brian 10-11-2010 06:14 PM

The game only works for me using the beta. Nothing records of course though.

E-Hooker 10-11-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (Post 3308671)
I've noticed some problems here as well. When I load a song, it immediately loads to 100 percent, goes to a black screen, and then cuts as if I've completed the song.

My browser is Firefox 3.6.10 on Windows XP Pro SP3.

This describes my problem perfectly. [I have SP3 too.]

I've tried IE, Firefox, Safari, and it doesn't work. Clearing cache, history, cookies, etc., did nothing. Tried logging in to another account and now that's what shows up at the bottom of my screen, even though i'm logged in as myself.

Izzy 10-11-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Hooker (Post 3308507)
What browser were you using on Windows by any chance?
I'm having the problem on Windows.

Firefox for both.

iamgoodhehe 10-11-2010 08:50 PM

I was using Vista with chrome. Now I'm using XP SP3 with chrome and its failing to load the songs and recognize that my user is logged in game. Also if this helps, it also fails to load songs for spin it up, as the same problem occurs.

fuqpus 10-12-2010 12:37 AM

im having the same problem. it'll load and even show the song info but just a black background no arrows and no audio.

TheSaxRunner05 10-12-2010 03:36 AM

I have this problem on chrome and firefox but not internet explorer. There are some lag issues that I was not having before as well, even on reduced resolution, but that may or may not be because of my ****y computer.

E-Hooker 10-12-2010 05:14 AM

Hmm, could it be because of XP SP3? would suck if it was, but seems like most everybody has this problem. :/