Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Forum bugs. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=111641)

Nightfirecat 08-19-2009 10:39 PM

Forum bugs.

So I've had two problems lately with the forums.

First: Every once in a while, it'll take an extremely long time to post and return a database error, even though it did technically post. I've found that I can bypass this by simply hitting 'Reply' twice, and letting it automatically block me from posting the same thing twice. Not a huge hassle, but it's been happening a lot lately.

Second: When I'm on a browser that doesn't block ads (Google Chrome for example), every once in a while, I'll visit a forum/thread, and it'll automatically redirect me to some other site. Even if I go back several times, to get back to FFR, it'll redirect me back to that site again shortly. It's not always the same site, but it does happen occasionally.

I was wondering if these issues were being looked into/addressed.

foilman8805 08-19-2009 10:45 PM

Re: Forum bugs.

Based on the way things are going around here...and how many active admins we have...do you really think these things are being looked at, let alone even noticed by the administration?

Nightfirecat 08-19-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3196744)
Based on the way things are going around here...and how many active admins we have...do you really think these things are being looked at, let alone even noticed by the administration?

Speaking of that, when's the last time Synth has even logged on?..
EDIT: More than a month ago... Wow.

virus003 08-19-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfirecat (Post 3196733)

First: Every once in a while, it'll take an extremely long time to post and return a database error, even though it did technically post. I've found that I can bypass this by simply hitting 'Reply' twice, and letting it automatically block me from posting the same thing twice. Not a huge hassle, but it's been happening a lot lately.

This happens to me every single time I ****ing post, it's bugging the **** out of me.
+1 for fix please

Quigly 08-19-2009 11:40 PM

Hey guys guess how many clicks it took for me to post this.

Two.

That is ONE too many godammit. I can't have my FFR forums in this kind of a shamble.

Sprite- 08-20-2009 01:26 AM

This happens to me all the time. It posts anyways so I just click back.

Prime8 08-20-2009 03:46 AM

I have the same problem with posting. I just click reply twice, then on the link after it tells me that I tried to make a duplicate post.

who_cares973 08-20-2009 03:55 AM

cliucking reply twice is more of a habit than anything now rofl

Nightfirecat 08-20-2009 04:05 AM

But the point is that it shouldn't be happening in the first place lol... Until like a month ago, this never happened in the first place, or it meant that something was seriously f*cked with the forums... Now it's a day-to-day occurrence. Where's maintenance when you need it?

OneHandNow 08-20-2009 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfirecat (Post 3196733)

This applies to 1546 out of 1546 of my posts.

devonin 08-20-2009 07:38 AM

I have the slow post time followed by a database error maybe once every 100 posts, and I seriously doubt that's any sort of "bug" with the forum or database, so much as sometimes it's slow answering. For all I know, it coincides with say, at least 10 other people trying to post at the same time and it times out. It never bothers me because my posts always go through anyhow.

Sprite- 08-20-2009 09:25 AM

It is a bug and would be easily fixed if someone who has access to the database would just do it.
It happens to me about every one out of 5 posts.

wargasm1 08-20-2009 09:57 AM

It happens to me 9 out of 10 posts.

edit : it didn't happen this time ^^