Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Profiles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Facebook Support (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=107316)

katoh 03-18-2009 02:07 AM

Facebook Support

I love FFR, but honestly I haven't played in a while and it feels out of the loop with the rest of the universe when it comes to the web now, the games great but the site just isn't (no offense).

So my suggestion is to make a Facebook application version of the game in which we can link our FFR accounts to our Facebook Profiles (using Facebook Connect maybe) and play the game with MochiAds or whatever you'd use to monetize it.

Or, you could just incorporate Facebook Connect into the site, allowing us to log in using our Facebook profiles and increase the userbase greatly by posting gameplay info on our walls.

(Whatever works, it's just a suggestion anyways, I'd just love to see Facebook integration one way or another)

who_cares973 03-18-2009 02:25 AM

Re: Facebook Support

theres already a facebook app if im not mistaken

and being able to sign into ffr from facebook would be cool

katoh 03-18-2009 02:28 AM

There was a Facebook app, but it was only the widget (no stats or anything like that).

All_That_Chaz 03-20-2009 02:37 AM

I don't know much about Facebook Connect, but I'll send your idea upwards.

And as long as you mention it, what would you like to see changed with the website to make it better? If you have specific suggestions, you can make a thread here in the Bugreport/Suggestion forum.

EDIT: I asked the powers that be and they tell me that Facebook integration is not possible. Sorry dude.

katoh 07-22-2009 01:38 PM

I know I'm late to reply (again I'm never on this site).

But, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=198499

There's a plugin to integrate Facebook Connect into vBulletin (the first step), the second step would be to set the Facebook app canvas to work via an iframe and from there they could easily make a separate page on this site that'll be displayed on Facebook through that iframe.

As far as I can tell it could be done (it could even be done with Google Friend Connect) it would only take some tweaking, I'm just unsure on how much work it'd take to implement on this server.

(Even from a monetary stance, you could place your own ads above or within the flash client itself when viewed on Facebook and you'd have a larger audience of users)

tha Guardians 07-22-2009 01:46 PM

Plus oneoneoneoneone support.
I've been wanting to see something like this for a long time.

I also want FFR on Kongregate, Addicting Games, and all other popular gaming sites.
Maybe Myspace too.

sondremaster 07-22-2009 03:20 PM

Love the idea, i was about to post the same thing

ii GuRu 07-22-2009 03:35 PM

PLUS 1! I would love to see this on facebook. One all my friends have never played it and they watched me play and were amazed! They said there is no way im going to embarrass myself infrontof everyone. well i think Bringing FFr to FB is going to make a big hit! If it works Ill try to get everyone of my friends to play it at least once. IF that happens then there has to be a majority of people who would keep playing it.

katoh 07-22-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tha Guardians (Post 3156177)
Plus oneoneoneoneone support.
I've been wanting to see something like this for a long time.

I also want FFR on Kongregate, Addicting Games, and all other popular gaming sites.
Maybe Myspace too.

Yea, I actually want to see it on other sites too (like iGoogle) and the ability to log-in with Google and Twitter accounts, but I decided to start easy and just say Facebook since I don't know how the other systems work and I know that Facebook is at the top right now so I just stuck with that.

OneHandNow 07-24-2009 05:58 AM

MUST SUPPORT THIS.
+1
I'm on Facebook most of the time // and FFR most of the time.

Integrate both of these!

Froston 07-24-2009 12:14 PM

Integrate so people know what I'm doing when I'm not messaging them back.