Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Closed (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118952)

bmah 06-10-2011 04:33 PM

Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

Colored arrow gimmicks are risky because you can't expect the person playing the song to appreciate them. hi19 originally stepped Pretty Green Onions all in green arrows and it was rejected.

psychoangel691 06-10-2011 04:38 PM

I can appreciate color gimmicks but I did think the other file was better plus wasn't sure if the bns was intentional or a mistake.

MaxGhost 06-10-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3484427)
EDIT: I really don't know why niala would tell you to do that. I've gotten files from him several times and they've never been offsync like this.

lol Niala sent me a file last week and it was intentionally 0.4s offsync. O_o

nois-or-e 06-10-2011 04:52 PM

what happens with the > judgements?

Niala 06-10-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxGhost (Post 3484463)
lol Niala sent me a file last week and it was intentionally 0.4s offsync. O_o

My offset is naturally 0.04s later than other players, that's where I find it more comfortable to play. I was working with YMIA on his chart before he submitted it, and it's possible that he didn't change the offset back to proper after having me play it. If so, I'll accept responsibility, I should have thought better of sending it over to him with my natural offset as opposed to the standard. However, I would like to note that I always make an effort to reset offsets before I send out files, so this might be completely irrelevant.

psychoangel691 06-10-2011 05:10 PM

0.04 is negligible where as Yo man I'm awesome's was 2.974 off. Big difference.

bmah 06-10-2011 05:13 PM

Offsets slightly differ from one computer to another, or even within the same computer, depending on what setup you're using.

For instance, my laptop's offset is different from the old desktop I used to work on. But the offset is also different when I plug my earbuds/headphones into the laptop and work from there. Similarly, if you got a different keyboard that has thicker keys, that'll also affect the timing of the arrows you press - according to your fingers and reaction.

Nevertheless, if the timing is so far off that it's unplayable, that file can be rejected. I think it should be fairly obvious when the timing's blatantly incorrect, so it's your own responsibility to fix that. @yo man im awesome: use your own judgment

nois-or-e 06-10-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3484464)
what happens with the > judgements?

bmah 06-10-2011 05:24 PM

The < and > judgments were deemed ineffective a while ago, and they're only used optionally now. Those symbols alone are not proper ratings anymore. Some reviews use them as an additional descriptor at most.

TC_Halogen 06-10-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3484483)
Offsets slightly differ from one computer to another, or even within the same computer, depending on what setup you're using.

For instance, my laptop's offset is different from the old desktop I used to work on. But the offset is also different when I plug my earbuds/headphones into the laptop and work from there. Similarly, if you got a different keyboard that has thicker keys, that'll also affect the timing of the arrows you press - according to your fingers and reaction.

Nevertheless, if the timing is so far off that it's unplayable, that file can be rejected. I think it should be fairly obvious when the timing's blatantly incorrect, so it's your own responsibility to fix that. @yo man im awesome: use your own judgment

I used to have massive offset issues when trying to sync up to an ITG dedicab from SM (sometimes as much as 110ms), so I understand how bad it can be. That's why I've just started using DDream because it provides consistent sync since you are able to physically see waveforms of the song, and times in comparison to the line/waveforms that you want - these don't change between computers, either.

But yeah, in instances like that, it's just too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3484488)
The < and > judgments were deemed ineffective a while ago, and they're only used optionally now. Those symbols alone are not proper ratings anymore. Some reviews use them as an additional descriptor at most.

Oh, I forgot about this; should I readjust my ratings as such? If so:

Above the Clouds
(nois-or-e)
Rating: [+.]

Skate or Die
(emulord)
Light - [+?]
Beginner - [+?]

psychoangel691 06-10-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3484488)

I didn't know about this. They're still on the OP of the queue batch discussion thread.

nois-or-e 06-10-2011 05:29 PM

so my 15/NA/14 stands true, great...

still stumps me that all mine were perfect on sync (which is obv hard for others to do >_<)
would fixing the blue notes in the ending make any difference for 45, or am I wasting my time?

bmah 06-10-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3484493)
I didn't know about this. They're still on the OP of the queue batch discussion thread.

[<] and [>] don't actually describe the quality of the file; just a comparison between which one is better.

You can do this:

song A: [+.] [>]

song B: [?] [<]

or sometimes two files are close, but you want to distinguish slightly:

song A: [+.] [<]

song B: [+.] [>]

Sometimes they're equally good/bad, in which you don't need to use greater/less than symbols.

Niala 06-10-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3484493)

[Sub Ratings] - Add these ratings with the main ratings if needed.

The OP says that, I figured it meant you need a main rating and those ratings are additional information.

psychoangel691 06-10-2011 05:37 PM

Last I remembered < was = to +.

I'm behind I guess

nois-or-e 06-10-2011 05:50 PM

well if < = +. it got a 16

doesn't matter though, cry4s file got a better score so this'll be overlooked. I only stepped the snares to make for an easy 1 anyways, is a boring file for most people.

No comment on my question about 45?

JSH 06-10-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3484407)
Darling:
Code:

[...]
#OFFSET:-0.007;
#SAMPLESTART:100.026;
#SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
#SELECTABLE:YES;
#BPMS:0.000=121.220;
#STOPS:0.000=0.140
;

Pastel Candy:
Code:

[...]
#OFFSET:-0.089;
#SAMPLESTART:100.020;
#SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
#SELECTABLE:YES;
#BPMS:0.000=120.700,8.000=120.700,14.000=120.700;
#STOPS:0.000=0.040
;

(these are the untouched syncs straight out of the archive, but I had fixed them when judging - these weren't a huge factor in scoring, though)

Ah ok thanks :)
What exactly are stops though?

psychoangel691 06-10-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3484494)
would fixing the blue notes in the ending make any difference for 45, or am I wasting my time?

I can't speak for all the judges on that. On my end it was just more of a suggestion than anything to me it wasn't too big a deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 3484514)
Ah ok thanks :smile:
What exactly are stops though?

A stop is something that is typically used in an x-mod chart. You wont see stops on FFR because it is a constant speed. But if you were to play a song on sm with an x speedmod a stop would do exactly what it says stop the chart for however long the stop is set for.

00Razor00 06-10-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3484015)
20/20 - 4
19/20 - 10
18/20 - 8
(and 1 14/15).

These ones will be accepted, if they don't have critical issues.

We have like 10 16-17s/20 and files that contain <, those files will go to the 2nd stage.
I'll review the accepted files and do final check.

So this means 8 files that scored 18/20 will be picked? o:

yo man im awesome 06-10-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3484483)

I can understand that being true, but I don't know why my computer would have such a different offset than other computers, because -1.386 is perfect for my computer. (If you're saying that -1.386 isn't correct) I don't have DDReam, so I can't really figure out the offset for it there if it changes at all.