Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Xx{Midnight}xX 08-30-2011 04:21 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

200 is more reasonable.

Also jon would you be able to code a log in for the legacy engine as well? I feel that might solve a few lag issues with everyone else to.

TC_Halogen 08-30-2011 04:49 PM

The whole issue with trying to catch people on alternate accounts is that there are some instances where multiple people can get decent scores on the same account.

Manual checking would involve a person needing to get a video camera showing the players in question, and then a person can try to say that they don't have a camera.

It's an endless process.

raskanally 08-30-2011 04:54 PM

Is there a way to cross check ip's with scores obtained?
It is possible for people of the same skill level to play from the same ip, but its a lot fewer.
I believe it would show patterns after a while.
Maybe not.
Just a thought.

qqwref 08-30-2011 05:17 PM

It might be an interesting experiment to actually record IPs per score, rather than just a list of IPs used by a given account. Of course, this would be a little tricky for the database.

Perhaps when a new IP for an account is recorded, the first bunch (up to 50?) of new level records achieved with that IP could be saved...

raskanally 08-30-2011 05:25 PM

On a side note.
What if people "register" where they play so-to-speak.
Have it be part of the login maybe. Kind of like a login server for an MMO.
There would be a button for where you were playing.
Probably one for "Home", "School". That kind of thing.\
And have it have a different db sheet for each button.
It would make ip logging vs. scores a little easier i think.

And can we go through the user database and unless they sent a message or someone else knows what happened to them i think we should delete the users and try and get an accurate number on active members.

Ground_Breaker 09-7-2011 05:29 AM

I didn't read through the entire thread...62 pages of suggestions would just worsen my 5am headache.

Nothing against the artist of the loop that we currently have on the menu screen, but if I want to choose my own menu music, can I be able do that with any of the songs I have currently unlocked? I would get nerd chills every time I played FFR if I turned it on and Gradeus started playing.

Frederic54 09-7-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ground_Breaker (Post 3533281)
I didn't read through the entire thread...62 pages of suggestions would just worsen my 5am headache.

Nothing against the artist of the loop that we currently have on the menu screen, but if I want to choose my own menu music, can I be able do that with any of the songs I have currently unlocked? I would get nerd chills every time I played FFR if I turned it on and Gradeus started playing.

You can already do that on the Velocity engine, you can put any song you have unlocked on FFR or even a mp3 or youtube link.

devonin 09-7-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

And can we go through the user database and unless they sent a message or someone else knows what happened to them i think we should delete the users and try and get an accurate number on active members.
We already have this information. We're averaging about 1000 users per day logging in, with about 140 new registrations per day.

justin_ator 09-7-2011 10:04 AM

100 of which are probably alts -.-

Although I also agree it would be nice if we could clean up the 1,772,529 member count to only include semi-active members, I honestly don't see any possible way to do it without deleting accounts of people who are part of this game but just haven't been around in a while.

rushyrulz 09-7-2011 12:07 PM

1,772,529 looks more impressive than 2000

raskanally 09-7-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3533347)
1,772,529 looks more impressive than 2000

eh. maybe just a little bit.

justin_ator 09-7-2011 04:48 PM

I know but it's far less accurate as an active users count... oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter ultimately.

ichliebekase 09-9-2011 12:43 PM

Looking at the regions in the US, it kind of seems like they should be updated :P Great Lakes encompasses 13 states, while Southeast only has 2 states, and even a portion of Florida is taken out of it. It's obviously not something that's necessary, but it's just a thought.

justin_ator 09-9-2011 02:11 PM

I agree lol, and really it shouldn't be that hard to fix...

Similar thought, maybe we could have a breakdown of rank by state/province for US/Canada too? That'd be kinda cool (you'd have to make an option for people to select their state/province though, otherwise you couldn't determine who was where).

lolpwnlol 09-10-2011 12:36 AM

I don't know if this has been suggested or implemented (coz I don't see it) but it would be nice if we could sort by artist

-zeroSKILL- 09-10-2011 01:51 AM

+1,000 to sort by artist. Though not a necessary implementation, and I have already gone through and found all the artists songs I know through others means, to have an in game option would be amzin ;p

MaxGhost 09-10-2011 08:59 AM

I had a big list of suggestions for the sort in an earlier post.
3-way toggle for each checkbox (show/hide/disabled), i.e. green checkmark/red X/nothing, would make for some better filter queries.
Sorting by PA could also be useful, i.e. show 10g and lower, so you can selectively clean up songs you can actually SDG.
The list is massive, really. A ton of things could be added.

yo man im awesome 09-10-2011 12:36 PM

ooo I got one.

Rather than having a Simfile Database, why don't we have a Queued Database, where all the songs in the queue are, that way the community can try them out and see whether the judges did a good job or not.

who_cares973 09-10-2011 12:41 PM

or...they can wait until the songs are in game and do the same thing ?_? like as if we need justification from the community to know whether or not we do our job right anyway

jimerax 09-10-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3534637)
Rather than having a Simfile Database, why don't we have a Queued Database, where all the songs in the queue are

So if their opinions have effect on final simfile acceptance, it's essentially the same thing as just making all people in the community judge. Otherwise, it just will be early releases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3534637)
that way the community can try them out and see whether the judges did a good job or not.

By looking at batch notes and released ingame files anyone here can see these anyways.