Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Silly God, Why do you do what you do? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=10528)

Specforces 05-17-2004 04:58 AM

Silly God, Why do you do what you do?

Why did god create poison oak?

My only guess is that he hates us and laughs gleefully every time an unsuspecting person encounters it. (Of course, same goes for all of the other remarkable animal-behavior-modification abilities which plant species have developed.)

And then there is the tetse fly.

To reproduce, it MUST find the eyeball of a human being in which to lay its eggs. When the eggs hatch, the larvae feed on the eye untill they grow into adults and fly away.

Apparently god created this creature so god wants children to have their eyeballs eaten while they are alive, correct?

And lets not forget that god started from scratch so his twisted mind came up with the concept of pain to begin with. He threaded our bodies with nervous systems so we would squirm when we lived in this devestatingly cruel world he created, also from scratch.

His coldy logical ideas are quite impressive, like having birds lay 2 eggs, and then encoding the instincts into stronger one that they must slowly brutally peck their sibling to death. He could have just made it so one egg gets layed and it contains a strong chick, but no, he wants blood, he wants the infant bird to prove it deserves to live(in his horribly cruel world) by murdering its only brother with its mouth.

He has set it up so that once one of his creations lives its terribly painful life and passes on its genes it slowly dies by having its teeth wear down untill it can eat no more and it starves to death.

Etc etc etc

If you truely observe whats happening on this planet, see how this planet operates, you can see it is so nasty that it is almost like a strange twisted joke.

Does any of this disprove the existence of god?

No.

But what kind of a god are we looking at if there truely was one that created this universe?

From what I can tell he makes any supervillain from any comic book look like mother theresa. He must be the most sadistic entity imaginable.
No none of this does disprove the existence of god, but it does disprove the existence of a loving caring mercifull god. And isn't faith generally based on such a god. Would an openly brutal god be worshipped?
A wouldn't trust a god that created this universe to pull through on any alleged promises he made. Infact, judging by this world alone(and what else do we have to go by?) I would expect him to make fake promises for the sole purpose of breaking them and seeing the looks of dissappointment on his creations faces.

Heaven? I doubt it, thats not the earth creator I know, saying there is a heaven and then revealing something unimaginably horrible instead and laughing is more his style.

That wreaks of god actually.

Believe in a god if you must, but acknowledge the repurcussions of the possibility that your beliefs are the truth.

If there is a god, you do NOT want to meet him.

Or maybe you do.

Let's have some fun discussion, shall we?

What do you think of what was said, and what do you think God would be like, if you believe he exists.

Specforces

WSC

IronMonk 05-17-2004 07:38 AM

i can see the more relious being extreemly offended by this, well done spec.

although according to the old testimate, god created a perfect world [eden] then teh guy that god created got bored. so god put adam to sleep, [probly dropped something heavy on his head] and took on eof adams ribs and made eve, eve then tempted adam to eat the forbidden fruit. so they got themselves kicked out of eden. interesting thing to note, adam and eve had two children, then those two children married two girls. BUT WAIT! where'd the girls come from!!!! hurrah for incest!

long story short. god has one hell of a sick sence of humor.

Laharl 05-17-2004 09:39 AM

IronMonk, learn to spell. It's "Testament."

There are creatures that subside on poison oak. Also, it teaches people to be more careful when out in wild places. (Or it should, in any case.) There are quite a few cases of that in the wild, really, such as the fly you mentioned. Be careful, and protect yourself. Makes it so life is never a dull moment.

Would you rather have it so that there wasn't anything harmful in the world? That'd be boring.

Specforces 05-17-2004 09:58 AM

The thing is, I am religious, I wouldn't say that I'm a zealot, but, it's always fun to start an arguement.

Specforces

WSC

jazzmosis 05-17-2004 10:05 AM

Heh - if "god" were to exist and create such a horrid world... then yes, he'd have a sick sense of humour, or be missing something, somewhere, or he would revel in the glory of watching others suffer.

My friend put it so brilliantly.

"If god created man in his own image, and man is always killing each other, does that mean god wants to kill himself?"

What I feel is more likely:

"Man created god in his own image."

"God is just an excuse for people's shortcomings."

There's more, but I can't be bothered to think of them.

The fact is that if god did exist and created everything, why.. why would he allow us to destroy everything he worked so hard to create?

CyanoticXtC 05-17-2004 10:48 AM

I enjoy your Posts Spec, but i have nothing In return to say

esupin 05-17-2004 12:40 PM

OK- if God was real, maybe he just created the world and just let it develop on its own.

Chrissi 05-17-2004 12:48 PM

I've always thought a similar thing, Spec. If there is a God, how fucked up must he be to let some of the things that go on happen, and to make some of the things he did...

I wouldn't really want to think someone is letting all this crap go on.

aleco 05-17-2004 04:33 PM

So God should intervene and never let anything bad happen? Is that what you're saying?

giggersback 05-17-2004 05:13 PM

i like chicken salad
boooya

Specforces 05-17-2004 06:28 PM

Giggersback, grow up.

Specforces

WSC

Omeganitros 05-17-2004 06:30 PM

Time for me contribute more controversy to the debate, by throwing in The Theory of Natural Selection and Evolution and what-not into the mix!

Testse Fly: You make it sound like the human eyes are the only place they can lay eggs, which I highly doubt. Human eyes are probably just one of the places they can be laid.

When God made everything, he saw that it was good.

Between then and now, things changed. Things that God might not find so good.

Did God create Humans to become homosexual? I doubt it. But things change.

Evolution, mutation, natural selection, are probably the things that made the tsetse fly. Not God.

You make it sound like the blame is on Fate or God or something. But I think it is us.

Verruckter 05-17-2004 06:31 PM

Nice post Spec. First of all, your title should be written as: "Silly God, why do You do what You do?" but that's not very important.

I don't beleive in God, and I think this world is some kind of a vicious circle made out of molecules and atoms. One animal eats the poison ivy, then another animal eats the first one and he gets eaten ...etc until we, humans, eat that animal. Same thing with the fly. Maybe God created such bad things as poison ivy, but the worst thing he created is probably humans. We destroyed (or are destroying) our forest, wich aren't really our's. We are destroying our planet. And we are worse than every single stupid fly on this planet.

If humans completely disapeared from earth, it wouldn't change anything. But if ants would disapear, we would be dead.

I also think God in some way is just something to give hope. People used to say that if you did something wrong, you wouldn't go to heaven, that if you beleived in another God than that person's God, you where weird or just some kind of animal.

And if Gods really existed, wich one created the Earth? There is God, Zeus, Allah etc.

Church is also the biggest murderer that never got punished.

Just think of that, and you'll notice God isn't so real after all.

And if u didn't understand my post well.....too bad.

GuidoHunter 05-17-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleco
So God should intervene and never let anything bad happen? Is that what you're saying?

BOOM! Aleco wins!

Also, God didn't create us to be just like him. If he did that, he would have just made a whole lot of Gods, which wouldn't make much sense. He created an inferior being (man) so that he would have followers and worshippers. He gave man free will to do as they please, namely worship him, but they also had some other ideas such as rape and murder that were adverse affects of the free will. He punishes some bad things in accordance with his law, but won't protect us from everything. Many bad things are tests of faith, so why prevent them?

As for the poison oak/tsetse fly/etc., that's just the method of survival which they evolved. God and evolution are NOT mutually exclusive.

oh, and http://www.nata2.info/?path=humor%2F...tfly-NASTY.jpg

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

perfect_fat 05-18-2004 04:00 AM

I can't believe a zealot didn't throw this in here.

The wisdom of God is beyond our comprehension. Therefore, to try and understand what he does is an exercise in futility.

But, to not kill the argument. Our entire universe is made of atoms and vacuums.

Look around. You are not seeing the true form of our world. You do not see the air. You do not see the minute spaces between the atoms in the wall, you see another version, the world as perceived by the human eye. God is the ultimate computer programmer in a sense. His entire system may have been corrupted by a single abberation (which is impossible if you believe in his infallability) which grew and grew.

As any programmer knows, one simple typo, a misplaced semi-colon, anything, and your entire program will not work the way it was intended. Maybe God has a more forgiving compiler, or he missed something while debugging, and maybe he really isn't perfect, but just wants us to think he is. Like all of us want to be. Perfect, without fault. Without hate, sorrow, ignorance, lack of knowledge, fear, pain, indecision... just perfect.

alainbryden 05-18-2004 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God
Well I....stfu

aleco 05-18-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfect_fat
I can't believe a zealot didn't throw this in here.

The wisdom of God is beyond our comprehension. Therefore, to try and understand what he does is an exercise in futility.

But, to not kill the argument. Our entire universe is made of atoms and vacuums.

Look around. You are not seeing the true form of our world. You do not see the air. You do not see the minute spaces between the atoms in the wall, you see another version, the world as perceived by the human eye. God is the ultimate computer programmer in a sense. His entire system may have been corrupted by a single abberation (which is impossible if you believe in his infallability) which grew and grew.

So true.
Guidohunter too.
For the most part.

Specforces 05-21-2004 06:20 AM

I couldn't help it, I had to post this when I saw it.

Specforces

Jam930 05-21-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specforces
Giggersback, grow up.

Specforces

WSC

sorry spec, but can you stop telling people to grow up? it just really isn't right.

as for something on-topic.

i've wondered that. and i've never ever freakin heard a satisfactory answer. and some children, not doing anything wrong...end up experiencing some horrible death. and some true assholes prance around on the greenest fields of life while others eat their shoes.

Jam930 05-22-2004 07:41 PM

this matter has not been resolved!

*small bump*