Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stepping Stones of StepMania 2 [RELEASED!] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142594)

Kraezymann 08-15-2015 10:23 AM

Stepping Stones of StepMania 2 [RELEASED!]

Click banner to download!

Stepping Stones of StepMania 2 is finally here!

About six months in the making, SSS2 is a bit of a triumph for me. During these past six months, I have learned a great deal; I have learned about how to judge files, what to say about them and how to say it. I have learned more about my abilities as a player and much more about the game itself. I've discovered my skills have been slowly growing, and that a pack like this ought to help new players grow their skills too. I would even venture to say that my skills at making graphics has grown a bit - I really like the sets I've shoved in here!

On to the pack itself!

It is not an overly large pack, at 30 files. One of the best parts of this pack is that there is more than one chart to play for every song. I didn't mention it above, but I feel like I have become a bit of a completionist; the more stuff that has been prepared for the file, the better. Every file in here has a full set of high(er than usual) resolution set of graphics, proper cdtitles, credit for every file filled out, good quality music, and most of the important tags filled out. I have done my very best to make sure all the files and graphics and everything is in proper order; I feel confident when the pack is downloaded that everything should be set up just right.

There is such a diverse set of files in here, too. We have files from both ends of the charters spectrum, beginners and experts and everyone in between. The same goes for the music.

The song list

Can also be used for reviews, should you wish to do so!
A Tale of 6 Trillion Years
Audio Avenue
Backstreet Girls
Bastel
Cata
Coming-of-Age Ceremony
Desire
Dragon Slayer
Fascination MaxX (Triple Chaos Mix)
First Kiss
Flyers (Death Parade OP)
GAIA
Garden of Love
Get Better John
Gold Spinners
Ignis Fatuus
Reincarnated Soul
Magnolia
New York
On My Wings (IIDX Hardstyle Version)
Opening Credits
Proxy
Pythagora Cirno
Sailors Hornpipe
Shapeless Flower
The Islander
Things We Believe In
What We're Made Of
Woke Up Too Early This Morning
Yoru Naku Usagi wa Yume wo Miru

And finally, THANK YOU!

- Thank you SKG_Scintill for your contributions of files, judging help, and for putting up with a total scrub like me!
- Thank you to porkypink, Divisor, and Silvuh for your contributions for the graphics!
- Thank you to literally everyone else for your patience, your input and your time

I am happy to have been able to contribute this way to the community, I hope that I can do it again soon! I hope you all enjoy this pack :)

rparty89 08-15-2015 10:25 AM

Re: Stepping Stones of StepMania 2 [RELEASED!]

first called it XD

dling as well o.o

Skwid1 08-15-2015 10:39 AM

nice dude. packs like this are really appreciated.

SKG_Scintill 08-15-2015 10:40 AM

dl'ing bcz I didn't judge every file

Kraezymann 08-15-2015 10:43 AM

ah dang, rip my judging confidence

I'm going to be streaming the pack tonight, if anyone is interested :)

edit: thanks skwid!

DDRNGGin 08-15-2015 10:51 AM

Aww yeah! Can't wait to play all of these charts! :D

blindreper1179 08-15-2015 11:14 AM

Awesome job man! Thanks for all your help!

gameboy42690 08-15-2015 11:51 AM

Downloaded, can't wait to see how this turned out!
I'm still kicking myself for being lazy and not submitting a second file. :(

AutotelicBrown 08-15-2015 12:50 PM

Good to see it released, first one was pretty nice.

MooMoo_Cowfreak 08-15-2015 04:55 PM

Here are my first impressions. I only played the hardest difficulty for each file:

A Tale of Six Trillion Years and A Night (kaneh) - I liked the mini jacks. Loved how the solo was stepped. Felt the chorus was understepped any time it came in.

Audio Avenue (Divisor) - Too many freezes for my taste, too long for kind of a boring song, and I felt the bass line went criminally ignored. The jumpstream would randomly switch from having jacks in the jumps to not, which I feel is something that should be made consistent.

Backstreet Girls (SKG_Scintill) - Good steps, just wasn't really feeling the song.

Bastel (Divisor) - Alright. I didn't feel the groove of the song through the steps, which I always love being able to do.

Cata (BilliumMoto) - Fun. Well synced, and I loved the buildup!

Coming of Age Ceremony (Leo137) - The steps were alright, I just didn't really feel the song at all. The bursts at the end seemed unnecessary.

Desire (buta-san) - My favorite so far. Tasteful use of freezes and a good groove.

Dragon Slayer (XelNya) - Good stuff. This is exactly the kind of file I feel should be in this pack. Good slow tempo jumpstream with occasional 32nd bursts, that's just perfect for this pack.

Fascination MAXX (DDRNGGin) - There was a golden moment for jacks in the drum part which you ignored almost every time. Instead, you opted to put jacks in many awkward feeling and frankly inappropriate times.

First Kiss (Leo137) - Very fun. It grew on me as it went along. I really enjoyed the pacing.

Flyers (buta-san) - Decent. Good steps on the solo.

GAIA (rparty89) - Great steps, fun stream and I liked the light jumpstream.

Garden of Love (bmah) - Great steps, groovy tune.

Get Better John (Divisor) - Random jacks in the 24ths turned me off. Song was stepped for too long, got boring quite fast. I would have liked more attention to have been paid to the drums, incorporating them into the chorus somehow.

Gold Spinners (Wayward Vegabond) - Fucking awesome.

Ignis Fatuus (DDRNGGin) - Weirdly placed jacks once again. Find more engaging music man.

Magnolia (XelNya) - Very enjoyable. Loved the drop.

New York (Gameoson) - Just felt boring.

On My Wings (Kraezymann & rparty89) - One of the better stepfiles, very fun.

Opening Credits (Divisor) - I now know I just don't like your style of stepping. So take that for what it is.

Proxy (YungDaVinci) - Beginning was silly, steps were fine.

Pythagora Cirno (SKG_Scintill) - Great simple file.

Reincarnated Soul (SKG_Scintill) - I think you're really hitting the difficulty right on the head with your submissions Scintill.

Shapeless Flower (Kaneh)- Just a good, fun song. I enjoyed the mini jacks.

Yoru Naku Usagi wa Yume wo Miru (kaneh) - Maybe my favorite chart.

The Islander (Storn) - Beautiful, this could be a reason to pick up the entire pack.

The Sailor's Hornpipe (SKG_Scintill) - I'm not sure how I feel about putting children's music in a pack intended to be easy... I just hope it's not demoralizing to anyone. I enjoyed practicing this a bit for MA.

Things We Believe In (storn42) - This was the only song that I quit on early. I know this is supposed to be a pack of easier stepfiles, but I felt that this was understepped. There were a lot of opportunities for jumps that could have been easy and accented the music that just weren't there. For stepping metal I think that blind's What We're Made Of is a great example of keeping it relatively easy while still incorporating jumps.

What We're Made Of (blind) - Fun, good metal track for the pack.

Woke Up Too Early This Morning (blind) - Really chill short song. This was the only song I bothered to try the Light steps on, and it was exactly what I was hoping for. You synced the piano beautifully and I found myself enjoying the Light file more than the Heavy. Good stuff.

storn42 08-15-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak (Post 4350518)
The Islander (Storn) - Beautiful, this could be a reason to pick up the entire pack.

Things We Believe In (storn42) - This was the only song that I quit on early. I know this is supposed to be a pack of easier stepfiles, but I felt that this was understepped. There were a lot of opportunities for jumps that could have been easy and accented the music that just weren't there. For stepping metal I think that blind's What We're Made Of is a great example of keeping it relatively easy while still incorporating jumps.

im happy that i managed to make possibly both the best file in the pack and the worst :P

SKG_Scintill 08-15-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Backstreet Girls (SKG_Scintill) - Good steps, just wasn't really feeling the song.

Fair enough
Quote:

Pythagora Cirno (SKG_Scintill) - Great simple file.

Thx
Quote:

Reincarnated Soul (SKG_Scintill) - I think you're really hitting the difficulty right on the head with your submissions Scintill.

That's what I was going for
Quote:

The Sailor's Hornpipe (SKG_Scintill) - I'm not sure how I feel about putting children's music in a pack intended to be easy... I just hope it's not demoralizing to anyone. I enjoyed practicing this a bit for MA.

I love the tune, not because it's childish

XelNya 08-15-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Dragon Slayer (XelNya) - Good stuff. This is exactly the kind of file I feel should be in this pack. Good slow tempo jumpstream with occasional 32nd bursts, that's just perfect for this pack.

Magnolia (XelNya) - Very enjoyable. Loved the drop.

Glad to see someone else enjoys the files I made.

I'm about to play a file or two myself.

Also, the graphics on Dragon Slayer are gorgeous. Love 'em.

Kraezymann 08-15-2015 09:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, and the review, MooMoo. Glad to see you seemed to enjoy most of it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya
Also, the graphics on Dragon Slayer are gorgeous. Love 'em.

rparty89 08-16-2015 12:47 AM

Nice to see 1 person enjoying my files.

And I missed the stream. Damn it.

DigitalS3r4ph 08-16-2015 12:22 PM

I thought Audio Avenue by Divisor was the most kick ass file in the pack. Loved the song and the steps were really fun. They were easy enough to play on pad too which I got a kick out of.

Leo137 08-16-2015 02:28 PM

Downloading, will play it later

Also thanks for the reviews @MooMoo_Cowfreak :D

SKG_Scintill 08-21-2015 01:01 PM

I liked some files, I forgot which

YungDaVinci 08-23-2015 12:47 PM

ayy

AZVW_2 09-22-2015 04:09 PM