Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 187 Senpai [Post Game] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151086)

the sun fan 07-22-2019 09:01 AM

Re: TWG 187 Senpai [Post Game]

I don't think Xiz made an error there?
Doesn't seem like it anyways

Charu 07-22-2019 09:04 AM

The error in question was that Soundwave was not suppose to die.

Actually, he wasn't suppose to die in 2 different ways according to the night actions. One for getting an item that apparent gave him a vest for that specific night, and one for Gradiant redirecting (forcing aggro) on Devonin.

Charu 07-22-2019 09:05 AM

The interpretation of the role being seen as both die is super misleading because, just going by THE ROLE PM it specifically states you force aggro. It does not say you and player x's target get the same action.

That is not what "force aggro" means.

the sun fan 07-22-2019 09:08 AM

I don't disagree that this is my interpretation
its probably just v poorly worded but when I was talking to Xiz, he said that it resolved how he intended it to

Charu 07-22-2019 09:10 AM

If that is actually how it was mechanically intended, then Gradiant's role from the very start of the game was just incorrect mechanical info, lmao.

Charu 07-22-2019 09:14 AM

Then again, making things work in this setup must've been a nightmare to keep track of.

Bastard games with wild roles that don't exist anywhere else be damned!!!

the sun fan 07-22-2019 09:15 AM

xiz has 2 games btw
send him 1 more pls and ty

Gradiant 07-22-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4689277)
I don't disagree that this is my interpretation
its probably just v poorly worded but when I was talking to Xiz, he said that it resolved how he intended it to

how about soundwaves' vest then?

the sun fan 07-22-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4689283)
how about soundwaves' vest then?

dunno
I asked Xiz

the sun fan 07-22-2019 10:44 AM

yeah ok
Xiz says he made a mistake with that one and that the vest was real therefore soundwave shouldn't have died

devonin 07-22-2019 12:04 PM

I think one possible solution to the question of angleshooting would be to give local mod powers to whoever is currently hosting a game, and so if they're in a situation where what the HOST wants is "I should have killed Gradiant, so I also don't want his posts that he made when he should have been dead being around" they can just delete the posts.

Hosts deleting or editing as needed to ensure invalid info isn't being left around seems like the easiest way to set the bar for what's allowed or not. Host leaves it up? You can use it. Host removes it, referring to it gets you penalized.

It's basically what happens in a court when somebody says something and the judge has to tell the jury to ignore it.

roundbox 07-22-2019 12:47 PM

Dev, that's a very good comparison. And Charu, I was just using your situation as an example and not a comparison. It was the first one I could think of as of recently that was in that neighbourhood.

This situation came about as host error, and I am by no means trying to throw Xiz under the bus or bash him (Being chopped liver got my goose this game lmao). I fucked up so many things with mod communication in my TPB game that I think the only lesson or takeaway here is that mod errors always suck and humans make mistakes. If you've hosted enough games, you've got some bad memories stuck in your head about dumb decisions you made as mod. It's happened to us all and there's no perfect remedy or solution for how to handle each sticky host situation. One more negative example from my hosting experience for memory lane: my first mystery game that I hosted upon my return in 2015. Red Blaster had posted his role PM in thread, so I modkilled him, but my stupid brain FORCE ENDED THE DAY PHASE AND DIDN'T GIVE TOWN A LYNCH. That one still hurts.

All that being said, I think it's probably more obvious when someone is breaking this rule than we're making it out to be. Lar, nobody will probably be banned or reprimanded for angleshooting in the near future since it really does take some dirty effort, and people are going to call it out.

GG all
(And Xiz, thanks for hosting.)

MixMasterLar 07-22-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4689295)

Hosts deleting or editing as needed to ensure invalid info isn't being left around seems like the easiest way to set the bar for what's allowed or not. Host leaves it up? You can use it. Host removes it, referring to it gets you penalized.

You can't unsee what you saw, and if I can't refer to it but know to look for the first thing that Player X does wrong as the reason to vote them because of it then I'm still using the information?

Because the alternative is running away in the opposite direction just to try not to break the rules, which isn't a situation you want to force on someone.

YoshL 07-22-2019 01:48 PM

xiz has 3 games now

the sun fan 07-22-2019 02:55 PM

roundbox, modkills taking the place of lynches for town is how it should be

Svaz 07-22-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4689254)
is this one any better

Well nobody’s touched themselves to it yet so that’s already a plus lmao

mellonxcollie 07-22-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svaz (Post 4689311)
Well nobody’s touched themselves to it yet so that’s already a plus lmao

How can we really be sure of that tho :thonking:

YoshL 07-22-2019 03:51 PM

sunfan can i pick your next avatar

DaBackpack 07-22-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4689315)
sunfan can i pick your next avatar

i wanna pick the next sunfan

XelNya 07-22-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4689323)
i wanna pick the next sunfan

If someone wants to pick my next one I'm down for the meme

just no furry art, I'm down with p. much anything else.